Author Topic: Rural Folks in the (EASTERN) Rocky Mtn. and Central Plains States  (Read 2719 times)

TJ

I was born and mostly raised in the Soutwestern State of Oklahoma. Oklahoma is NOT a Midwestern State. Midwestern States are East of the Mississippi River and North of the Mason-Dixon line.  My paternal grandfather, Lewis Doty was born in the Midwest and the state was Illinois. He moved to Indian Territory when they opened the Cherokee Outlet to homesteading in 1889.

Indian Territory became Oklahoma in 1907. It was never a Southern State.

I was born in the rural community of Tiawah and it was originally in the Cooweescoowee District of the Western Cherokee Nation, a part of Indian Territory. My Cherokee ancestors settled in and around Tiawah which is now in Rogers County, NE of Tulsa.

I have taught school in Oklahoma, Missouri and Kansas.

I have been in 7 of the other states in the listed poll.

I moved back to Tulsa, Oklahoma in January 1992 from N. Hollywood which is in the San Fernando Valley of Los Angeles, CA.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2006, 08:32:03 pm by TJ »

TJ

Re: Rural Folks in the (EASTERN) Rocky Mtn. and Central Plains States
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2006, 10:02:44 pm »
For a special person who had been there, I added "Idaho." I never lived there; but, I was in the state when I was a young teenager.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 04:31:32 am »
Ewww.. Indiana isn't on the list!

I would have voted if it was.

I live on the edge of Marion County (Indianapolis) and it gets very rural about a mile or two away from me.

Does that count?
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 06:26:02 pm »

I guess California doesnt count either...The central valley of california, is as country as it gets some of the places,,,but im not voting either..........                                             janice

Beautiful mind