Author Topic: Star Wars or Star Trek?  (Read 14392 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Star Wars or Star Trek?
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2007, 12:50:06 am »
Mom was a die hard Star Trek fan. I watched the episodes with her when I was young. But I loved Star Wars and it ended up becoming my favorite!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 10:31:16 am »
Star wars... definitely... I am a HUGE fan. We used to sit for hours watching the movies, we had them all on VHS and my mom is a Harrison Ford fan so every time it rained on a Sunday we would either watch Star Wars or Indiana Jones!

I love Red Dwarf too!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2007, 12:22:39 pm »
Never really got in to Star Trek.
I liked the earlier Star Wars movies. The later ones were great as far as effects but the movies were not as good.

It just hit me, We Brokies are the redneck version of Trekkies! LOL
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2007, 06:45:50 pm »
Never really got in to Star Trek.
I liked the earlier Star Wars movies. The later ones were great as far as effects but the movies were not as good.

It just hit me, We Brokies are the redneck version of Trekkies! LOL

You mean you didn't like Jar Jar, Lee?

How wude!!

;)  ;)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2007, 10:05:21 pm »
I have a certain fondness for the original Star Trek series.  My parents used to watch it every Saturday night.  I can still hear:  "Space: The Final Frontier.  These are the missions of the starship Enterprise.  To seek out new life and new civilizations - to boldly go where no man (gah) has gone before..." and then the "music" going wah wah... wah wah wah wah wah...  I also can still hear that sound effect whenever the cabin doors opened, and that background sound that was always going (that was really just the same sound effect).  It comforts me to think of such things.  My dad and stepmom kind of saved me from a life of hell.  Thinking about sitting in their living room on a Saturday night after dinner and dessert and laughing about how the guy on the "away" team that we'd never seen before was definitely a goner makes me feel safe even now.

Star Wars?  Couldn't give a crap.  I really didn't discover movies until after the first one.  I remember really liking "The Empire Strikes Back" because that came out after the time that I really first got into seeing movies at the theater, but not thinking much of any of the others.  I haven't even seen the last/first two because Episode I was so hatefully bad.

I loved what Dalton Ross, I think it was, said in Entertainment Weekly about Star Wars in general:  "Didn't care then.  Don't now.  Sue me."

No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 08:38:00 am »

I loved what Dalton Ross, I think it was, said in Entertainment Weekly about Star Wars in general:  "Didn't care then.  Don't now.  Sue me."

LOL! That's hilarious... :laugh:

moremojo

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2007, 05:14:13 pm »
I remember really liking "The Empire Strikes Back" because that came out after the time that I really first got into seeing movies at the theater, but not thinking much of any of the others.
The Empire Strikes Back is certainly the best of the original three films, and is my favorite installment of the franchise.

I believe that in an early version of the BBM screenplay, Ennis and Cassie are shown attending a screening of The Empire Strikes Back (placing the scene in 1980), I suppose as another kind of bookend for the scene depicting Ennis and Alma at the drive-in (you know that Jack and Ennis never saw a movie together :'().

injest

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2007, 09:57:20 pm »
The Empire Strikes Back is certainly the best of the original three films, and is my favorite installment of the franchise.

I believe that in an early version of the BBM screenplay, Ennis and Cassie are shown attending a screening of The Empire Strikes Back (placing the scene in 1980), I suppose as another kind of bookend for the scene depicting Ennis and Alma at the drive-in (you know that Jack and Ennis never saw a movie together :'().

You mean Don Roe didn't have no VCR and TV in that cabin they borrowed??

:o :o >:( >:(

Dang DON! Get with the twentieth century!!

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 10:34:24 pm »
(you know that Jack and Ennis never saw a movie together ).
Never enough time, never enough. :'(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

moremojo

« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2007, 10:36:12 am »
You mean Don Roe didn't have no VCR and TV in that cabin they borrowed??
You know, I never thought about that! A VCR seems unlikely, but a TV might have been in the realm of possibility (though I'm inclined to think that a cabin used for hunting and general getting-away-from-it-all would most likely not have a TV; a radio would be a better bet).

But who knows...maybe Jack and Ennis did have a little TV time together (which is, incidentally, one of my favorite romantic scenarios).