Author Topic: The Shorter Questionaire 1 by Lynne  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
The Shorter Questionaire 1 by Lynne
« on: April 28, 2007, 03:41:42 am »
1)  What was the last book you read or listened to (unabridged)?

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)

3)   What is next on your reading list and why?

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.

5)   When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.

7)  Apple pie or lemon meringue or other?

8)  Who is your favorite actor in a scary role?

9)  Plain water or fizzy water or flavored/vitamin fortified?

10) Do you recycle?
« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:01:35 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Shorter Questionaire 1 by Lynne
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 03:55:57 am »

A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson.  I bet you would love it, Lynne.

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (Hot, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not so innocent. ;)

I've never seen this movie.  That is all I'll say.

3)   What is next on your reading list and why?

Some clothing catalogues, for summer clothes.  I keep putting it off.

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you.  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.

Machete, tarp and waterproof matches.  And someone to use them to build me shelter and find me food.  :)

5)   When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A teacher, a veterinarian, and a hairdresser.

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.
[/quote]

I Love Lucy.  She showed me that I could want what I want, and go about it as creatively as necessary, even if everyone else thinks it's ridiculous.  And have fun doing it. 

I like pie okay, rarely think of eating it though.  Except I have to have pumpkin pie at least once at some point around Thanksgiving.

Wilford Brimley in The Firm.

Usually plain.  Sometimes tangerine fizzy.

10) Do you recycle?

Yes, imperfectly.  Are there people who don't these days? 

« Last Edit: April 28, 2007, 04:19:33 am by Ellemeno »

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 04:01:01 am »
1)  What was the last book you read or listened to (unabridged)? Brokeback Mountain, read by RodneyFL YEE-HAW!!!/b]

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)  No, nothing like this, but I might be open to the possibility with a trusted person.

3)   What is next on your reading list and why?  The Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison - It's been on my reading list for years, but I put it at the top because I'm dating an African American man and I want to read some important African American literature that I somehow missed along the way.

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island like Tom Hanks with Wilson, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.  To Kill A Mockingbird, a coconut tree, and a hibachi

5)   When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher.

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.  Mrs. Faulkner lived in a trailer across the street.  She had to be 90 when I was 10.  Mom would send me over to check on her, take her things.  She taught me how to embroider.  And she taught me about the importance of listening to and respecting our elders.  I don't sew much, but I've never since picked up a needle without thinking of her.

7)  Apple pie or lemon meringue or other? Key Lime

8)  Who is your favorite actor in a scary role? Charlize Theron in Monster[/b]

9)  Plain water or fizzy water or flavored/vitamin fortified? Plain, please.

10) Do you recycle? No, not anymore, sadly.  I was religious about it in Boston, but it is an ordeal here.  It's something I'd like to get back to.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 01:15:07 pm »

Stella Cameron’s book Now You See Him, It’s a murder mystery set in small town Louisiana bayou country

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on ( HOT, I tell you)....   have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)

Loved that movie…love Viggo  ;D Bob and I can be very playful, and that’s all I have to say about that

A Grave Mistake by Stella Cameron because it picks up where Now You See Him leaves off and I just have to know what happens

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.

Waterproof matches, a good first aid kit complete with analgesics and other over the counter medications, and a large very sharp  knife in a scabbard with a sharpening stone attached.

A Wife and Mother (I know not very women lib of me but there you go)

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.

Our Lutheran Pastor, he is one the kindest, most caring people I have ever known.  He had a way of explaining things even when you had screwed up that made you understand what you had done wrong but preserved your dignity at the same time.  Most of all I think I learned tolerance and compassion from him

Sweet Potato please

Robert Mitchum as Harry Powell in The Night of the Hunter.  The character is a twisted evil sociopath.  He scared me to death as a kid and I saw it again recently on AMC and he still scares me.

Now for Horror Flicks I’d have to say everyone in the 1966 film The Haunting still the best and creepest haunted house film ever made IMO

I like Propel Fitness Water

10) Do you recycle?

Yep, we have the bins that the city picks up every other week for tin cans and PVC plastics and Newspaper and Cardboard.  We also have green recycling on alternate weeks for yard waste. We also save our bottles and aluminum cans and Bob and I take those in once a month and then give the money to a local women’s shelter
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 02:47:36 am »
unabridged)?

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT
, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)     SMOKING SCENES IN THAT MOVIE, no doubt....Yeah maybe

3)   What is next on your reading list and why?     Diary of Anne Frank,,,,again

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.   Fire tools----water
       purifier,  fishing gear,,??? im a pragmatist

A mother,,,,,,,teenager

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.   My grandmother...she taught me nearly
      everything.  quiet isnt boring, and solitude doesnt have to be alone..Love of
       learning, and joy in creating things with your own hands...

7)  Apple pie or lemon meringue or other?    lemon meringue, is good

8)  Who is your favorite actor in a scary role?  Anthony Perkins...psycho

9)  Plain water or fizzy water or flavored/vitamin fortified?   Plain please,  no lemon

10) Do you recycle?  Not really, We used to have a recycling business, i figure i have done my share and then some for the environment...except of course for
motor oil, and all petro chemicals

« Last Edit: Yesterday at 04:01:35 AM by Lynne »  Report to moderator

Beautiful mind

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2007, 02:27:14 pm »
Our Lutheran Pastor, he is one the kindest, most caring people I have ever known.  He had a way of explaining things even when you had screwed up that made you understand what you had done wrong but preserved your dignity at the same time.  Most of all I think I learned tolerance and compassion from him

Did you ever see "Luther" starring Joseph Fienes? Sounds like your pastor kept the Luther principles going. It was a great film about a great man.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2007, 09:59:18 am »
1)  What was the last book you read or listened to (unabridged)?  Do you mean completely?  The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion.  Otherwise, I have three different ones started - Without a Map by Meredith Hall, I believe it is, Quirky Kids by a couple of pediatricians, and Running With Scissors.  Probably not going to finish that last one - I can't stand his prose.

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)  We're into leather.  Seriously.  And that's all I'll say on the matter.

3)   What is next on your reading list and why?  The two aforementioned books I've started.  Beyond that, nothing at this point.  I'm not a big reader.  I spend almost all of my (truly) free time going to or watching movies.

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.  If you mean in the sense of sustenance, an unlimited supply of water and bananas, a cave, and Jake Gyllenhaal.  If you mean material things, I guess I'd want two really good, really long books I wouldn't mind reading over and over again.  I'd have to think about what those would be.  The third thing would be the most recent photo of my son.

5)   When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up?  A veterinarian.  I still want to be one of those when I grow up.

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please.  My second-grade teacher Mrs. Andrews.  She taught me to love writing.  She'd give us the first sentence of a story and have us finish it.  Her first sentences were better than most published authors.

7)  Apple pie or lemon meringue or other?  Pecan.

8)  Who is your favorite actor in a scary role?  Terry O'Quinn in The Stepfather.

9)  Plain water or fizzy water or flavored/vitamin fortified?  Plain, purified, and ice cold.

10) Do you recycle?  Yes, indeed.  Everything I possibly can.  I even wash out jelly and olive jars and break down cardboard boxes to recycle.  I actually judge other people based on whether they do or not.  Our town makes it very easy - they collect it twice a week from two different bins they give everyone.
No more beans!

Offline Amber

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Whiskey anyone?
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2007, 10:51:22 pm »
Bridget Jones:  Edge of Reason

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT
, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)
Haven't seen this movie yet.  No other comment  ;)

Pride and Prejudice because I haven't read it yet

A tarp, a machete and flint.

A baton twirling nurse - yes, that exact combination

Hmm, I'd say my 7th grade science teacher.  He made me love science and I still do

Pecan Pie is by far my favorite

Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs

Plain with lots of ice

10) Do you recycle?
I certainly try my best
"... and Ennis, not big on endearments, said what he said to his horses and daughters, little darlin." ~Proulx

"Life is not a succession of urgents nows; it is a listless trickle of why-should-I's."  Johnny Depp as the Second Earl of Rochester.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2007, 09:40:18 am »
1)  What was the last book you read or listened to (unabridged)? "Jonestown," by Chris Masters.

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;) Like many inner-urban gay men, I have pretty much "role-played" in just about most every scenario one can imagine over the years. The success of which depends entirely on the chemistry/animal magnetism between the participants. It certainly can be very "hot" when the chemistry is right. My dilemma is that there's nothing I like more than good old fashioned love and tenderness from a man. And when the guy I'm with gets all flaky and kinky on me and wants to get into heavy "role-play," I invariably end-up with a monumental fit of the giggles! Guaranteed to kill the mood (for him) every time!

3)   What is next on your reading list and why? "How Proust Can Change Your Life," by Alain de Botton. Why? Because I loved his previous book, "The Architecture of Happiness," and wanted more.

4)   If you were trapped on a desert island, what three things would you want with you?  There's no power, so no BBM DVD and players.  (1) I'm not a techo, so I'm not sure what it's called, but some sorta high-tech tracking device, so the search aircraft can track and find me quickly. (2) Flares so the aircraft can find me easily, when they follow my signal. (3) Sufficient food and water to see me through until I'm found.

5)   When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? When I was a child, I remember thinking that I wanted to be a child forever. I did not want to grow-up. I got my wish!

6)   Name someone besides a parent or guardian who influenced you during your childhood.  Explain how, please. My much loved maternal grandparents lived next door when I was a child. They were 80 when I was born (my grandmother was 40 when she had my mother and my mother was 40 when she had me) and both died within a couple of months of each other at age 90, when I was 10. My grandfather had been a draftsman and taught me to paint before I could write. I still paint to this day (oils on canvas), thanks to my dear Poppa's legacy.

7)  Apple pie or lemon meringue or other? I'm not a sweets person. I prefer savoury.

8)  Who is your favorite actor in a scary role? None.

9)  Plain water or fizzy water or flavored/vitamin fortified? Plain.

10) Do you recycle? Absolutely!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2007, 08:58:56 pm »

Currently reading "Beyond Brokeback".

2)  I'm watching 'A History of Violence' - the cheerleader scene is on (HOT, I tell you)....have you ever role-played with your partner like this?  If not, would you be willing to.  Feel free to provide any juicy details while still protecting the not-so-innocent. ;)

Haven't seen "History Of Violence", so I'm not sure about the scene you mean.  I'll just say that I've never role played before, but would have no problem/reservations trying it out.

Not sure....

Food, water, and a man

a bus driver.  For some reason, I had a thing about busses.   ???

Not sure

Key Lime, please.

Not sure if you would consider this "scary", but Sarah Michelle Gellar as "Buffy" from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer".

Plain water

10) Do you recycle?

Yes.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!