Author Topic: Conversations From The Bridge  (Read 2722 times)

Scott6373

Conversations From The Bridge
« on: May 01, 2007, 08:53:39 am »
It's a People Thing

"He's crying again, I don't like it when my dad cries," Rupert said to Bo and the others.

"We know."  Bo repplied.  "It upsets us to."

"It makes me so sad when he cries, and I miss him so much," Rupert said.

Rupert turned to the others: "Bo, she knows I miss her right?   All that assembled to greet Rupert nodded

"But why do they always cry so much," Rupert asked. "They know we are waiting and we will see them again"?

"Well,"  Bo said, "it's a people thing."

Rupert looked out over the rainbow. The colors of red, blue and pink were all combined together and cast a soft glow over his shiny gray fur. It gleaned silky in the rays. Bo sidled up near him. "They love us so much and we love them too. Don't be sad, Rupert.  There are many who are helping your dad get through this. Of course no one ever replaces us. We were special."   Again, the gatherting nodded in agreement.

"Well," Rupert said, "I do miss the little things. I miss how daddy always rubbed my belly and called me his handsome boy. I miss him calling me baby."

Rupert gazed over at the rainbow and across the golden glow of the bridge, and thought,  I am waiting dad. We are all waiting. We will see you all again and you can rub my tummy and coo in my ear. Don't be sad daddy. We will be together again.

Rupert turned again to Bo.  He had a solemn look on his face. His deep brown eyes comforting, his little head cocked at just the angle to catch the sun in his fur. "Bo, if they all know we will see them again then why are they crying?  They know don't they?  My dad knows I am waiting, that we are all waiting?"

Bo nodded and nuzzled into Rupert's neck.  "Yes they know, but they can't let go right now.  Like I said, it's a people thing."

Slowly the already brilliant blue sky lit brighter with light.  The bridge, now awash with golden warmth became the focus of everyone's attention and a luminous figure walked across the bridge. Everyone ran towards the figure, tails wagging, furiously.

"It's my mom" Bo shouted. "It's for me. It's for me!"

All the others ran after Bo as he quickly made his way to the center of the bridge, but they stopped before stepping onto it.

They watched as Bo jumped into his mom's arms, sharing hugs and kisses, as an ethereal glow surrounded them, and Bo and his mom moved on, but before they were gone, Bo turned back and said, "It's a people thing."

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Conversations From The Bridge
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »
That, my dear Scott, is beautiful. 

Bo nodded and nuzzled into Rupert's neck.  "Yes they know, but they can't let go right now.  Like I said, it's a people thing."

Ah yes, they know .. Love that.

Cheers  :)

~M

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: Conversations From The Bridge
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 06:36:23 pm »
It's a People Thing

.  . . Of course no one ever replaces us. We were special."   .  . . 

Awww, this is so true.  Is Rupert your baby?  I'm so sorry.  Lost my little best friend, Mandy, ten years ago and still can't talk about it.  Hope it helped you to write this - it's really touching and beautiful.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain