Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 370492 times)

injest

Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #490 on: March 30, 2008, 04:55:58 pm »
U.P.S.

UPS found my package and promptly re-shipped it to my home address, like normal and left me a message saying "hey you weren't home when we came by.."

Luckily, I had gone home for lunch and when I found the little yellow note, I promptly called UPS and went absolutely ape-shit.  I was shouting at them on Friday.  Monday, I was literally screaming at them for their incompetence.

I got the supervisor who was supposed to call me Monday and never did on the phone and sounding sullen - like all this was MY fault - asked what delivery arrangements I wanted.

"AFTER 5 pm TODAY."  I replied.

She agreed.

I left work at 4:30 pm, got to my home by 4:48 pm and had just enough time to use the bathroom before the doorbell rang.

Yep, UPS having no clue what AFTER 5 pm meant.  They docked the delivery of my package at 4:53 pm.

Imagine if I had - yet again - taken them at their word and arrived at my home at 5 pm?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

ummm....you would have been even more displeased??

;D ;D

is that not so irritating?? seems customer service is a dying concept WE are now the ones that have to bend over backwards for THEM!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #491 on: April 11, 2008, 10:03:06 pm »
My mother has been very ill and is now recovering.

She was in the hospital for 3 weeks and is now in rehab and has been for a week.

During the first week my mother was in the hospital and doing so extremely badly, I didn't think she'd make it, I was there every single day after work and on weekends because my sister had strep and we didn't want her near anyone.  After my sister recovered, she and I started alternating days visiting my mother as her health was precarious and would improve then degenerate sometimes within an hour.

I don't have to tell you guys how exhausting emotionally and physically this situation is. 

PLUS, we're also checking on her home every few days to make sure it isn't broken into, paying her bills, keeping up the lawn, keeping the relatives informed, haranguing the doctors and nursing staff, etc. and since the hospital is across town from where we live, I don't have to tell you guys how my gas bill has skyrocketed till I can't really afford it.

FINALLY, thank the gods, she recovered and is now in rehab.  After a week of alternating days visiting her, last night after sitting there a few hours, listening to my mother complain about the staff, watch her eat dinner and watch TV, perfectly normal, I decide she's fine and I tell her that instead of seeing her Saturday, I'd see her Monday.  She said OK.  I was taking a day off.

My sister just called.  Among the conversation tidbits of her visit to mom, she said, "Oh, when you go there tomorrow, tell mom X."

Me:  I'm not going tomorrow.  I told mom I'd see her Monday.
Sister:  God you're such a bitch!
Me:  Me?  Why am I a bitch?
Sister;  Can't even spend a few hours with your own mother!!
Me:  I HAVE been spending time with her.

We went on in the same vein for a few minutes, but basically I told her that mother wasn't sick anymore, was coherent and able to attend to her own affairs at the rehab place and so constant attention by us wasn't really needed and she was perfectly free to take a day off if she wanted to as well, no one was making her go.  She changed the subject.

Jeez, like I was Satan incarnate because I wanted a day to myself.  She just wanted to call me names, I reckon.   >:( >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #492 on: April 11, 2008, 10:40:01 pm »
Jeez, now there is a supportive sister! Don't let her put her issues on you Del. You will be able to be much more 'there' for your mom Monday having had some time off. It is important when you are a caregiver to take care of yourself too.

You are NOT doing anything wrong by taking a break. The worst is over.

{{Del}}

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #493 on: April 11, 2008, 10:56:04 pm »
Jeez, now there is a supportive sister! Don't let her put her issues on you Del. You will be able to be much more 'there' for your mom Monday having had some time off. It is important when you are a caregiver to take care of yourself too.

You are NOT doing anything wrong by taking a break. The worst is over.

{{Del}}

Thank you, Jess.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to PM and tell you what was going on and how bad it was when I was going at it alone without help (the tarot card reading I did at the first of the year was haunting me as well), but in the end I didn't because I wanted BM to be a refuge for me to take my mind off of things.

Thanks again {{{{Jess}}}}  :-*

injest

« Reply #494 on: April 11, 2008, 10:59:02 pm »
Thank you, Jess.  I can't tell you how much I wanted to PM and tell you what was going on and how bad it was when I was going at it alone without help (the tarot card reading I did at the first of the year was haunting me as well), but in the end I didn't because I wanted BM to be a refuge for me to take my mind off of things.

Thanks again {{{{Jess}}}}  :-*

You can pm me anytime, Del....Even if you just want to vent.  :-* :-*

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #495 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:54 pm »
I get things like this from my very religious friends, and this one I'm at a loss for words.  I want to e-mail her back

ARE YOU JOKING?

The woman who sent me this is very well off, runs her own business, is extremely intelligent and this religious e-mail she forwarded to me is so illogical, so misleading, so moronic in parts, obviously not understood by some and insulting to any religious person who lost a loved one and anyone's intelligence in general it's bordering on criminal that people pass around this kind of ignorance as if it's stone cold fact of divine retribution:

DID YOU KNOW THESE FACTS?

I SURE DIDN'T TILL NOW

Death is certain but the Bible speaks about untimely death!

Make a personal reflection about this.....

Very interesting, read until the end.....

It is written in the Bible (Galatians 6:7):

"Be not deceived; God is not mocked:

For whatsoever a man sow,

that shall he also reap.

Here are some men and women

Who mocked God :

John Lennon (Singer):

Some years before, during his interview with an American Magazine, he said:

"Christianity will end, it will disappear.
"I do not have to argue about that. I am certain.
Jesus was ok, but his subjects were too simple, today we are more famous than Him" (1966).
Lennon, after saying that the Beatles were more famous than Jesus Christ, was shot six times.

Tancredo Neves (President of Brazil ):

Durng the Presidential campaign, he said if he got 500,000 votes from his party, not even God would remove him from Presidency.

Sure he got the votes, but he got sick a day before being made President, then he died.

Cazuza (Bi-sexual Brazilian composer, singer and poet):

During A show in Canecio ( Rio de Janeiro ),

while smoking his cigarette, he puffed out some smoke into the air and said:"God, that's for you."

He died at the age of 32 of LUNG CANCER in a horrible manner.

The man who built the Titanic

After the construction of Titanic, a reporter asked him how safe the Titanic would be.

With an ironic tone he said:

"Not even God can sink it"

The result: I think you all know what happened to the Titanic

Marilyn Monroe (Actress)

She was visited by Billy Graham during a presentation of a show,
He said the Spirit of God had sent him to her.  After hearing what the Preacher had to say, she said:

"I don't need your Jesus"

A week later, she was found dead in her apartment

Bon Scott (Singer)

The ex-vocalist of the AC/DC. On one of his 1979 songs he sang:

"Don't stop me; I'm going down all the way, down the highway to hell".

On the 19th of February 1980, Bon Scott was found dead, he had been choked by his own vomit.

Campinas (IN 2005)

In Campinas , Brazil a group of friends, drunk, went to pick up a friend.....

The mother accompanied her to the car and was so worried about the drunkenness of her friends and she said to the daughter holding her hand, who was already seated in the car:

"My Daughter, Go With God And May He Protect You."

She responded: "Only If He (God) Travels In The Trunk, Cause Inside Here.....It's Already Full "

Hours later, news came by that they had been involved in a fatal accident, everyone had died,

the car could not be recognized what type of car it had been, but surprisingly, the trunk was intact.

The police said there was no way the trunk could have remained intact. To their surprise, inside the trunk was a crate of eggs, none was broken

Christine Hewitt (Jamaican Journalist and entertainer)
said the Bible (Word of God) was the worst book ever written.

In June 2006 she was found burnt beyond recognition in her motor vehicle.

Many more important people have forgotten that there is no other name that was given so much authority as the name of Jesus.

Many have died, but only Jesus died and rose again, and he is still alive.

"Jesus"

PS: If it was a joke, you would have sent it to everyone.
So are you going to have courage to send this?.

I have done my part, Jesus said "If you are embarrassed about me, I will also be embarrassed about you before my father."

You are my 8 in 8 seconds. I am not breaking this. No way!

I'M TOLD THIS WORKS!!!!! Bishop T.D. Jakes "8 Second Prayer." Just repeat this prayer and see how God moves!!

"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen."

Pass this message to 8 people {EXCEPT YOU AND ME}.You will receive a miracle tomorrow.

injest

« Reply #496 on: April 16, 2008, 07:54:02 am »
oh good lort....that is hilarious!

sooooo.....what? I mean, that is about stupid. Are they saying everyone that dies before they are old are dying cause God is wandering around looking for insults?

OOPS!!

well if ya'll dont' hear from me no more, you'll know why!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

and what is old? 50? 100? ever??

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #497 on: April 24, 2008, 10:38:43 pm »
Idiot relatives who make helpful suggestions for someone else to do.

Stupid fucking cousin of mine.

My mother is in a rehab hospital because right now she needs 24/7 care.  She needs help walking and standing and getting to the bathroom, much less cooking or cleaning for herself.

My mother's mother died in a shitty nursing home and my mother has sworn never to go into one, and this rehab hospital is a combination rehab hospital/nursing home.  My mother must feel she's in her worst nightmare.  She complains constantly about the help, the food, etc.  She also gets depressed  "I'm so heartsick."

So I've been encouraging her.  She is getting stronger, there is a light at the end of tunnel.

"Three more weeks", I tell her.  "Then you're out of here."  I encourage her to eat, exercise and get strong, giving her home as her goal. 

Then my cousin sashays in. 

"Hmm," she says, "Have the girls ever taken you out?  They could take you home for the weekend and bring you back on Monday."

At this suggestion, my mother brightened and looked at me hopefully.  I glared at my cousin and hoped she burns in hell.

My mother needs 24 hour care, you stupid fucking bitch!!!  She needs a wheelchair which she cannot move herself and since she's also on permanent oxygen therapy means bringing her oxygen tank along with her, she cannot walk without someone holding her and her oxygen, she cannot cook, she cannot yet bathe herself, she has a lot of trouble getting off the toilet and out of bed, but she is getting stronger, she is able to stand a little and dress herself, but cannot yet put her shoes on.

Thanks so much you piece of shit for getting my mother's spirits up in vain and volunteering me and my sister to be on call and at my mother's home round the clock on our weekends when YOU don't work, don't visit very often yet live 4 blocks away from the hospital instead of the 15 miles that me and my sister do and could just as easily have volunteered to do this lovely deed yourself.

So keep your goddamned helpful suggestions to your stupid ass self!!!!!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #498 on: April 24, 2008, 11:53:07 pm »
yeah you WITCH!!

You tell her, DEL!

>:( >:( >:( >:(

injest

« Reply #499 on: April 28, 2008, 10:09:45 pm »
My boss and I were discussing current events...(not my favorite thing...I too often disagree with him and he cant' take it....)

so

he was talking about how he saw a tv show about a volcano blowing up in the 1870s and how the Muslims said Allah did it to punish us (christians)..."Even back then they blamed us!!"

and I merely pointed out that people have ALWAYS done that....blamed the 'other people' for 'Gods wrath"

he got a little hot....

but come on...learn some history. would it KILL him???

people from ancient times have said God made this and that happen to punish people.

I know he is my boss but GOOD GRIEF! Do I really have to sit and listen to this stuff??!!