Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367610 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #440 on: December 28, 2007, 09:33:47 am »
This really irks me and it seems to be happening more and more these days, since gas prices are so volatile....

I hate when I go to the gas station and fill up the tank and pay...oh, $3.09/gallon. Then the very next day I drive by the station and the price is down to $3.04/gallon. 5 cents on 15 gallons is 75 cents. I know it's not alot of money but it is one of those mildly annoying things...especially since by the time I need to fill up again, the price will likely be back up to $3.09.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #441 on: December 28, 2007, 09:45:25 am »
Radio stations that began blaring Christmas music 24/7 on Thanksgiving or the day after, and then on Dec. 26 it's all gone.  >:(

OK, that might sound like a peculiar bitch. Granted, after a month of nothing but assorted rock 'n' rollers belting Christmas tunes, I'm thoroughly sick of them. But my point is, why can't they start playing the music a little later, like, maybe, the middle of December? Or even (gasp!) not until the week before Christmas? And then play them at least through Christmas week, until, say, New Year's Eve, rather than have the tunes all vanish on Dec. 26, as if Christmas had never happened?  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #442 on: December 28, 2007, 10:30:39 am »
I agree, Jeff. And the Christmas ads disappear off the TV and people stop turning on their Christmas lights in their yards. I even drove by a house yesterday and the tree was out front, waiting to be picked up by the garbage men. After a total Christmas barrage for a month, I think we need to be weaned off slowly....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #443 on: December 28, 2007, 10:34:24 am »
And.....when I went to buy dog food yesterday....Wal-Mart had a bunch of Valentine's Day items neatly displayed.  :P 
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #444 on: December 28, 2007, 10:42:02 am »
And.....when I went to buy dog food yesterday....Wal-Mart had a bunch of Valentine's Day items neatly displayed.  :P 

And Easter is early this year (March 23rd). They'll probably have Easter egg dying supplies and baskets of candy on display on January 2nd!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #445 on: December 28, 2007, 10:43:35 am »
And Easter is early this year (March 23rd). They'll probably have Easter egg dying supplies and baskets of candy on display on January 2nd!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I wouldn't doubt it!!  :-\

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #446 on: December 28, 2007, 10:45:15 am »

I was in A.C. Moore (art and craft supply store) last Saturday (Dec. 22), and they had Valentine's Day stuff on display, too.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #447 on: December 28, 2007, 10:52:02 am »
I was in A.C. Moore (art and craft supply store) last Saturday (Dec. 22), and they had Valentine's Day stuff on display, too.

I wouldn't be a bit surprised!

That IS early!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #448 on: December 28, 2007, 10:54:30 am »

Well, I give craft stores a little leeway because presumably you are going to be buying stuff to make something, and you need some time for that.

L

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #449 on: December 28, 2007, 11:00:26 am »
Well, I give craft stores a little leeway because presumably you are going to be buying stuff to make something, and you need some time for that.

L

Sure enough, but it was still a bit of a shock that three days before Christmas you couldn't find an artificial poinsettia left in the place!  :laugh: