Author Topic: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch  (Read 367791 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Bitch, Bitch, Bitch
« Reply #480 on: February 15, 2008, 12:52:12 pm »
There's a book or a screenplay in this saga somewhere. I just hope for the sake of all concerned that it ends up a comedy and not a tragedy.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #481 on: February 15, 2008, 09:23:17 pm »
There's a book or a screenplay in this saga somewhere. I just hope for the sake of all concerned that it ends up a comedy and not a tragedy.  :-\

The jury is still out, unfortunately.  :-\

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #482 on: February 15, 2008, 09:25:19 pm »
Good for you, Del.  She needs it right now, I bet.  And good for her for seeing the light . . .

Thank you.  And I can't tell you how relieved I am that she did see through all the subterfuge.

We had to reschedule for next week, but that just gives me more time to shop for her.  I'll probably take her out to her favorite Greek place - or my favorite restaurant - and either let her talk or distract her, depending on what she's feeling.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #483 on: March 11, 2008, 07:49:29 pm »
Car repair places.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

I had my oil changed at the Kwik Kar Lube place yesterday and when they checked my battery said it was down to 30% efficiency and needed to be replaced.

I said, sure, you guys put in the last battery and it hasn't been that long for a 5 year battery.  It should still be under warranty.

They tried to replace it, didn't have the right size, so said they'd replace it today. 

I drove in today and they told me it would be another day before the battery would come in.  Oh, and by the way, the battery wasn't under warrantly.  I'd last had it replaced in 2004.

"But it's a 5 year battery."
"No it isn't."
"The battery you replaced in 2004 was a 5 year battery, are you telling me you replaced an under warranty 5 year battery with only a 3 year battery?"

I'm staring him in the face accusing him of ripping me off.

He just shrugs.  He doesn't know, he wasn't working at the place then.

So, unless I can find a 3-6 year old receipt, it's their word against mine.

SOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking pissed off.  >:( >:( >:(

I'm half tempted to go somewhere and get my own 5 year battery so I can have the paperwork and not depend on those clowns again.

injest

« Reply #484 on: March 12, 2008, 07:06:41 pm »
my battery has a tag on it with the date it was installed...and yes I would go somewhere else...

(I see you found the Bitch thread!!!)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #485 on: March 12, 2008, 11:09:08 pm »
my battery has a tag on it with the date it was installed...and yes I would go somewhere else...

(I see you found the Bitch thread!!!)

Had to.  ;D

Minor bitch of the day.

When managers have afternoon meetings, get out late, then rush to their departments, catching people starting to clean up their desks for the day, and ask "Are you leaving now?  Do you have time for quick 15 minute meeting?"

45 minutes later, we're all still there.  >:(

Can't they save whatever they were going to say for the next morning instead of between 5 and 6 pm?

injest

« Reply #486 on: March 12, 2008, 11:15:45 pm »
Had to.  ;D

Minor bitch of the day.

When managers have afternoon meetings, get out late, then rush to their departments, catching people starting to clean up their desks for the day, and ask "Are you leaving now?  Do you have time for quick 15 minute meeting?"

45 minutes later, we're all still there.  >:(

Can't they save whatever they were going to say for the next morning instead of between 5 and 6 pm?

oh my lort...ok...here is mine..

I have to take the deposit to the bank. The bank requires I be there before 5 so I leave work at 4:15 to make it to the bank at 4:50. On Fridays everyone leaves at 4. I made the comment that I never got off early...that is about my reg time to get off..

so the secretary smarted off "You get off early every day!"

no I don't. as long as I have the money in the car I am officially working...I can't stop at the corner store and shop. I cant' go off and run an errand...I am tied up until my reg time at the bank!

>:( >:( >:(

I dont' hear anyone else volunteering to go to the bank and 'get off early'...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #487 on: March 21, 2008, 05:32:39 pm »
U.P.S.

I'm on the goddamn phone for the 3rd fucking time today.

For those who don't know, UPS is a package delivery service.  Well known world wide.

Also well known for only delivering during the hours of 8 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday, no late or weekend hours.

So needless to say, if you are a working person, you are NEVER GOING TO BE HOME during their delivery times to sign for a package.

Unfortunately for me, a great many people use this service.

Also unfortunately for me, no other place that is convenient for me will sign for a package - my place of work, my apartment managers office - due to the liability involved.

So I have to always make other arrangements to pick up a package sent to me.

THIS time, I was relieved.  I got the notice Monday and I have today off from work.  So I called them Monday and had them reschedule the delivery for today.

Around 3 pm, I finally called to see where my package was.  I have to leave home at 5 pm.

UPS operator:  Yes, we have your package scheduled for delivery on 3/31/08.
Me [deadly]:  No, I scheduled it for 3/21/08.
UPS:  Oh, we show you called in, then...[pause]...it was rescheduled for the 31st.
Me:  Who did that?  It wasn't me and I gave no one permission to do that.
UPS:  We'll find out and have them call you back.
ME:  I'm leaving in 2 hours.  I need them to call me back and my package delivered by then.

Needless to say, despite waiting an hour, no one called.

I called back and am currently on hold while the supervisor keeps trying to reach the incompetent boobs at the delivery center and it's looking - OF COURSE - like no one will be able to get back with me today, my package won't be delivered today and I HAVE WASTED AN ENTIRE DAY OFF sitting here like an idiot waiting for this.

Of course, the clock is ticking down.  I have to leave in 25 minutes and the best I got out of the supervisor is that a supervisor of the idiots who started this whole shitty scenario is "going to call me back in 10 minutes" to "further discuss" the issue.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 11:06:07 pm by delalluvia »

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #488 on: March 21, 2008, 05:51:29 pm »
U.P.S.

Supervisor called.

She can't find my package.  It's currently lost somewhere in their center.  It will be Monday before she will know if she can find my package or not and she will call me then.

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Why don't we have an icon with a red face and steam coming out its ears?!?!?

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #489 on: March 30, 2008, 04:39:04 pm »
U.P.S.

UPS found my package and promptly re-shipped it to my home address, like normal and left me a message saying "hey you weren't home when we came by.."

Luckily, I had gone home for lunch and when I found the little yellow note, I promptly called UPS and went absolutely ape-shit.  I was shouting at them on Friday.  Monday, I was literally screaming at them for their incompetence.

I got the supervisor who was supposed to call me Monday and never did on the phone and sounding sullen - like all this was MY fault - asked what delivery arrangements I wanted.

"AFTER 5 pm TODAY."  I replied.

She agreed.

I left work at 4:30 pm, got to my home by 4:48 pm and had just enough time to use the bathroom before the doorbell rang.

Yep, UPS having no clue what AFTER 5 pm meant.  They docked the delivery of my package at 4:53 pm.

Imagine if I had - yet again - taken them at their word and arrived at my home at 5 pm?

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:(