Author Topic: May, 1983: Where were you?  (Read 13066 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: May, 1983: Where were you?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2007, 09:19:05 pm »
May, 1983 I was still managing Castleton Square I, II, III, a General Cinema movie theatre located inside the mall. And since I was on a salary, I worked from 10 am to midnight 6 days a week. It sucked. It sucked big time. But, I still made it to the bars after work compliments of my handy dandy fake ID.

Talbot Street and The 21 Club were my bars of choice back then. Talbot Street was a preppy upscale 3 level bar located in the old Black Curtain dinner theatre building. The 21 Club, just a few doors down from Talbot Street, was a very informal and "down to earth" bar. There was a lot of rivalry between the two bars; Talbot Street patrons looked down on the 21 Club crowd, and the 21 Club group thought the people at Talbot Street were snobby and stuck up. So, I went to both bars!  Normally, I would first go to Talbot Street and then walk down to the 21 Club an hour or two later. Those were great times back then.

I was also car jacked two months earlier, and I celebrated my 21st birthday 4 months later!  :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2007, 11:53:04 pm »
This coming November it will be 29 years. Monday after Thanksgiving, 1978, when we realized, after he went to visit his family in New Jersey, that we were crazy about each other. We still are.

congratulations! that is something to celebrate for sure!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2007, 12:36:10 am »
congratulations! that is something to celebrate for sure!

what Jess said.

Congratulations Fritz!!  :D

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2007, 12:50:12 am »
There was a lot of rivalry between the two bars;........................................So, I went to both bars!   

This s one of my favorite things about you, David!    :-*

Offline Kay-Nasty

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Just Sending Up A Prayer Of Thanks"
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2007, 02:30:11 am »
May 1983 ??? ??? ??? ???

Well, as sad as it is to say, I wasn't even thought about. I didn't come around for another 7 years and 7 months.  :( :(
I feel so young!!!! I haven't even begun to live yet!!! :(

:D :D

"I never had money, and I was very happy without it. When I die, my money's not gonna come with me. My movies will live on - for people to judge what I was as a person."  ~Heath, I swear

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2007, 03:02:52 am »
May 1983 ??? ??? ??? ???

Well, as sad as it is to say, I wasn't even thought about. I didn't come around for another 7 years and 7 months.  :( :(
I feel so young!!!! I haven't even begun to live yet!!! :(

:D :D

You are just getting started Kay! Someday, 2007 will be your 1983!  :D

Welcome to BetterMost, BTW!!  :)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 03:05:53 am »

This s one of my favorite things about you, David!    :-*

Aww! Thank you Clarissa!  :-*

Back then I was running on all 8 pistons. Youthful raging hormones probably had something to do with it too!  :)

These days, I'm down to 7 1/2 pistons I guess. Still, that's probably not too bad for someone in their 40's!  ;)  :D

mvansand76

« Reply #27 on: May 07, 2007, 06:41:04 am »
I was 6 years old and.... I went to group 1 in school, and I remember my lovely teacher and there were only 10 kids in my class... and a bunny! My teacher left at the end of that school year to travel the world... when she came back she had henna on her hands....

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #28 on: May 07, 2007, 09:45:11 am »

In May 1983, I had just settled down at a small farming commune in a very rural isolated part of the Midwest.  Having grown up in the heart of New York City, and having hardly even held a hammer, I was suddenly learning everything new - construction, blacksmithing, farming, gardening, being socially and culturally isolated, living in nature. 

And you met the Luck brothers, Huey and Julian, the last people to have known the Missouri Giantess, Miss Ella Ewing!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2007, 10:05:04 am »
Aww! Thank you Clarissa!  :-*

Back then I was running on all 8 pistons. Youthful raging hormones probably had something to do with it too!  :)

These days, I'm down to 7 1/2 pistons I guess. Still, that's probably not too bad for someone in their 40's!  ;)  :D

"Ennis ran full throttle on all roads, whether fence mending or money spending. . ."

Hey, I love you too, David!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"