Author Topic: Shall we honor birthdays on the main forum banner?  (Read 11042 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Shall we honor birthdays on the main forum banner?
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2007, 11:15:04 am »

Who would have thought that something as seemingly simple as happy birthday could stir up so
much controversy.  I Say it would be nice.  However in order to leave some of the problems off.  Such as
the people are no longer around, or they dont wish to have their birthday placed up on the banner...Possibly someone could update the list by asking each person on the day or two before hand if they would like to be wished happy birthday officially.  That would be pretty simple...then others could contribute to a thread of happy birthday...Just put it up as a tag at the end or on the side, or wherever you wished to put it.

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2007, 10:47:32 pm »
Thank you, everyone, for ALL the thoughts you've shared.  No changes will take place right now, while we let it percolate for at least a few days.  Still open for thoughts...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2007, 02:28:57 am »

I voted on the fence. Looks like I'm the only one. Story of my life!  ::)

I didn't want to vote in the negative outright, because I don't agree with the wording of the "Not on your effing life" option. That wording implies that I'm being precious about revealing my true age. I have no such qualms about doing so. 

However, having said that, I agree with the others who have observed that we are already acknowledging birthdays at the foot of the homepage.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is, if we are already doing it, why do we have to do it twice?    ???
γνῶθι σεαυτόν