Author Topic: BM movie is anti-gay??  (Read 44789 times)

yb

Re: BM movie is anti-gay??
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2007, 07:57:05 am »
Janice, thanks for summing up Artists' posts, I tried but never have the patience to work them out.

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2007, 10:51:33 am »
I also haven't quite figured out what Artiste is saying, but I think Janice might have something there in saying that Artiste seems to not like anyone who is not gay. However, I'm still not sure if that is what he is saying. I'm really not sure. I will read the posts again  ;) Anyway, I can only speak for myself that I have lots and lots of straight friends as well as gay friends and MANY of these are friends I have made here on Bettermost which exists because of BBM. So saying the movie is anti-gay makes it seem that this group would not even exist since we have many straight people, gay people, bisexual people, etc. How would this group ever be able to get along so well if we all hated each other because some of us are gay? As I believe I have said before some of my very best friends here on Bettermost are straight women, some are gay men, some are gay women and some are even bisexual. As I see it we all get along like a big family. Sometimes, like a family, we even have disagreements. Sometimes we say things that hurt others, but usually we think about and try to make amends which is usually successful. This is not always true in all forums, but I sure do see that it is here so far. We are always willing to listen to each others thoughts and ideas. And nobody ever gets tossed to the side if their ideas don't fit in exactly as the majority thinks.

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2007, 12:19:28 pm »
Oh yeah, I also want to add straight males to that list of friends I have from Bettermost. Yes, we do have straight males such as Monica's husband David and there are many more.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #53 on: November 06, 2007, 11:08:27 am »
Thanks Susiebell!   (I will try to reply to others later.)

Yes, there are gay men who do marry straight women and OTHER women.

I did know a gay man who married a lesbian but he did not know that she was one. That he told me.
I forget if that is so in a film they did on her life especially.

So, this is one way?  The BM movie maybe touches this point too (making it a bit anti-gay that way)?

Hugs!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #54 on: November 06, 2007, 04:31:38 pm »
Sorry Artiste but I am still confused as to why you keep saying the movie is anti-gay. Apparently I am just not getting what you are saying.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2007, 10:24:06 pm »
Thanks Susiebell!

There are gay men who are gay, others who are bi, I guess.

I do NOT see these two men (Ennis and Jack) in the BM movie as cheating on their wives, as it another world!!

You see that?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2007, 10:21:36 am »
Thanks Susiebell!

It seems that those two wives were cheating on their husbands?

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2007, 01:48:56 pm »
Thanks Susiebell!

Lureen was the agressive one and she knows that it was not Jack who did choose her! I do not think that Jack let Lureen down... except maybe sexually at the end since he seems to say so at the ending of the movie because she does not want sex or goes elsewhere for it, as one reason among others?

As for Alma, she is not that innocent?? She does marry a second time and quickly, plus she causes troubles too with Ennis way before that!! And there is something else?

Hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2007, 03:48:34 pm »
Thanks Susiebell!

Lureen was the agressive one and she knows that it was not Jack who did choose her! I do not think that Jack let Lureen down... except maybe sexually at the end since he seems to say so at the ending of the movie because she does not want sex or goes elsewhere for it, as one reason among others?

As for Alma, she is not that innocent?? She does marry a second time and quickly, plus she causes troubles too with Ennis way before that!! And there is something else?

Hugs!

Hi Artiste! haven't read anything from you in a while! hope all is well. I was puzzled with your comment that Alma causes trouble for Ennis. I sure don't see that. Alma was an innocent loving person.I also see Alma as a wonderful long-suffering person, who loved Ennis, was patient with Ennis, and finally after 10 + years, she had enough. She left Ennis for the other man who was kind and gentle with her and could provide financial security for her children. What is wrong with that? Ennis refused to "better himself", and lets not forget, Ennis was a good stockman - he had potential for advancement. Aguirre saw that when he looked at Ennis thru the binoculars. Ennis could have at least applied for the job with the electric company.
Lureen may have been aggressive, but Jack made a decision to marry her. He understood himself a lot better than Ennis understood himself. I am definitely not without sympathy for Ennis and Jack, but I think that they were both of then lucky and unlucky in different ways. I don't blame the women they married a bit.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2007, 07:32:55 pm »
Thanks brokeplex!

I am perplexed by the wives: of Ennis, as well as by Jack's wife!! To me, those two wives got what they wanted, according to the movie!! Concerning Annie's story, maybe that is different?

I do not blame the women for getting married to those two men, nor  am I blaming at all their two husbands, because they did what they could as their wives did likewise!! Qu'est-ce sera sera, yes whatever is, is; as the song goes!! Then, now, and in the future too in our societies!!! There are some changes in our civilisations, but there remains dangers too!!

Yes, Alma causes many troubles for Ennis, it seems so in the BM movie!! She is the one who refuses her husband!
One can not blame one nor the other? It seems that life is hard for both!! The fact that Ennis loves Jack, is not for her to blame her husband nor Jack?? !! But she does blame Jack??

Hugs!!