Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211227 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2480 on: February 07, 2007, 08:15:34 am »
Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Geeez!    Doesn't this guy make any happy films?     ARG!

Nothing bad happens to Jake in City Slickers. Go watch that.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2481 on: February 07, 2007, 08:20:54 am »
Nothing bad happens to Jake in City Slickers. Go watch that.

LOL!    True.   But Jake is far too young for me to get all hot and bothered over!     He he he.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2482 on: February 07, 2007, 10:30:53 am »
Can't believe no one's mentioned "Proof."  Not only does nothing bad happen to our Jakey, but he is just about at the zenith of his hotness thus far (it was pre-BBM, so he's not quite there), AND I find it to be the one character of all of his that is, I'm only guessing, the most like what he is really like.  OK, so he's probably not a math geek, but his character is a bit of a goofball who is also very smart and *very, VERY* sweet.  As a matter of fact, I do believe I'll watch it again this weekend...

If you don't like Gwyneth Paltrow, it may be hard to watch.  I think she's a wonderful actor, myself, and I thought she was particularly good in this one.

No more beans!

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #2483 on: February 07, 2007, 01:58:47 pm »
No Worries, Jake is alive and well and cute as can be in the more adult roles of Proof (just mentioned),The Day After Tomorrow, Highway, Moonlight Mile and Highway as is Heath in Casanova, The Brothers Grimm, The Four Feathers, The Order, Two Hands and The Lords of Dogtown since it seems the character surviving the film is a criteria for you David. 
 ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2484 on: February 07, 2007, 02:08:14 pm »
Can't believe no one's mentioned "Proof."  Not only does nothing bad happen to our Jakey, but he is just about at the zenith of his hotness thus far (it was pre-BBM, so he's not quite there), AND I find it to be the one character of all of his that is, I'm only guessing, the most like what he is really like.  OK, so he's probably not a math geek, but his character is a bit of a goofball who is also very smart and *very, VERY* sweet.  As a matter of fact, I do believe I'll watch it again this weekend...

If you don't like Gwyneth Paltrow, it may be hard to watch.  I think she's a wonderful actor, myself, and I thought she was particularly good in this one.

I think both Gwyneth and Jake did good in Proof but there was absolultely no chemistry between them, and that sort of spoiled the movie for me. As a result it is not one of Jake's memorable performances, at least, not for me.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2485 on: February 07, 2007, 04:18:39 pm »
I actually thought they had good chemistry in the scene just prior to their make-out, when they connect for the first time - that lingering glance was delicious to me.  I also thought they were cute together and very believable in the sort of awkward morning-after scene when they were feeling each other out, so to speak, as to whether this was just gonna be a "one shot thing."  During the actual make-out - yeah, I didn't quite feel the love like I did between Jake and Jennifer Aniston in "The Good Girl" or of course with the other King of All Chemicals.  But it wasn't so not there that they lost me, either.  Actually, it seemed very realistic to me.  There was a certain first-time awkwardness that was absolutely believable (at least in my experience  :-\).  Especially considering that the characters really didn't know each other all that well at that point.

No more beans!

Offline David

« Reply #2486 on: February 07, 2007, 10:17:19 pm »
Actually I have seen our boys live thru a few films.

The Day after tomorrow & October Sky,  plus A Knights Tale, The Order and 10 things I hate about you.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2487 on: February 08, 2007, 11:52:57 pm »
Well, seems like I haven't been back to this thread in four effen years, so maybe I'm being redundant, but. ...

Twice now I've seen TV commercials for Zodiac, the most recent commerical sighting being this evening. Jake looks real nice.  :D

I think the commercials said it opens March 2, but don't quote me.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2488 on: February 09, 2007, 03:06:38 am »
Ok, now I hope I don't get run outta town on a rail for posting something about the A****** Awards, but hey, c'mon,  it's JAKEY!!!   :D :D ;D

whoooweeeee!!!!   Look who Yahoo has featured in their banner ad?!!!

Out of all the actors they coulda choosen, looks like they've got excellent judgement, they picked the best one!!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline David

« Reply #2489 on: February 09, 2007, 07:09:17 am »
Well, seems like I haven't been back to this thread in four effen years, so maybe I'm being redundant, but. ...

Twice now I've seen TV commercials for Zodiac, the most recent commerical sighting being this evening. Jake looks real nice.  :D

I think the commercials said it opens March 2, but don't quote me.

Yup.  March 2nd.   I saw my first Zodiac commercial last night during CSI.