Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211650 times)

Offline saucycobblers

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2590 on: March 01, 2007, 08:33:29 pm »
Yeah, but Weir can be such a pain in the @ss, trash talking blowhard.  A touch of humility might win him scores of fans rather than encourage the Hope He Falls and Cries crowd.

Well, his official site lists BBM as one of his favourite films, so he can't be all bad! :D
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2591 on: March 02, 2007, 01:23:28 am »
Well, his official site lists BBM as one of his favourite films, so he can't be all bad! :D

Heh.  No, he's not all bad.  He's gorgeous to look at, one of the most emotive AND athletic skaters I've ever seen - he's a work of art when he skates well.

Problem is he's a real piece of work off the ice as well.  From what I've read and seen, the guy has a chip the size of Manhattan island on his shoulder, is obviously tremendously insecure and compensates by bragging, being a horse's @ss to his fellow skaters, holding himself aloof with a sense of entitlement, is an ungracious winner and a poor loser.

Every time I see him speak in public, all I feel is sorrow for the extreme loss of potential there.  Just a shift in attitude toward a little more sportsmanship and graciousness and he'd have men and women ready to take bullets for him. 

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #2592 on: March 02, 2007, 01:57:22 am »
Hey Dev,  I like Jakey's eyebrows just the way they are too.  But one thing I noticed today in the pics is that his left eyebrow was messed up THE WHOLE DAY!!!   ::)

It was messed up in the morning (yesterday) when he was doing Good Morning America,

and then it was still messed up last night when he was at the NY premiere:

How cool is that, that I can know this thing about Jakey, hahahahaha!  This Jake Week we are all enjoying is unbelievable!!!!  Whatever am we gonna do next week when it's over??   :'( :'(

I know what I am going to do,  Im going to see Zodiac first showing at the local theatre at 12:30pm tomorrow.  If its so good and i cant resist I'll see it again and again.   I know Jake is gonna be hawt.  Dont you agree is an amazing actor?  The most cordial polite a little naughty and smart man...  How the fuck can ANYONE resist him.

Hey Jake fans, you really should read this article posted at msnbc.

"Jake Gyllenhaal Does Everything Right"
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17300067/

There's a nice picture and a glowing discussion of how much people love Jake and about how good his choices of movie roles are, etc..  His publicist really should get a massive raise for this one!

Hooray for Jake!
:)

Wonderful article about our Jake.  thanks for posting the link atz  :)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2593 on: March 02, 2007, 03:52:54 am »
OK, I'm totally annoyed that I didn't know about the TRL appearance until just now (thanks, though, Lynne - maybe I can find a replay of it later to tape).  But yippee about all the rest of it!

Barb, do I remember right that you have TiVo?  You can set a "wishlist" for Jake that will record anything with him in it automatically, even if you didn't know it was on, AND set it to "Keep til I delete" so that it just sticks around til you notice it's there.  That's how I happened to catch that TRL thing - there it was in my Jake folder on my TiVo, along with the 5 other things he was on this week, including America's Most Wanted.

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #2594 on: March 02, 2007, 08:42:06 am »
Heh.  No, he's not all bad.  He's gorgeous to look at, one of the most emotive AND athletic skaters I've ever seen - he's a work of art when he skates well.

Problem is he's a real piece of work off the ice as well.  From what I've read and seen, the guy has a chip the size of Manhattan island on his shoulder, is obviously tremendously insecure and compensates by bragging, being a horse's @ss to his fellow skaters, holding himself aloof with a sense of entitlement, is an ungracious winner and a poor loser.

Every time I see him speak in public, all I feel is sorrow for the extreme loss of potential there.  Just a shift in attitude toward a little more sportsmanship and graciousness and he'd have men and women ready to take bullets for him. 

Really? Is he that bad? I get the impression that he always makes time for his fans, every one of them, when they come to support his performances, and is a gracious loser (2007 US Nationals, for example). Granted, he says some things that make you wince at times, and he's no stranger to arrogance, but I kinda like his spirit. But maybe being in the UK I'm not getting the full picture?

Offline saucycobblers

« Reply #2595 on: March 02, 2007, 08:44:33 am »
Dont you agree is an amazing actor?  The most cordial polite a little naughty and smart man...  How the fuck can ANYONE resist him.

Those who claim they can are just in denial IMO... ;D

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2596 on: March 02, 2007, 10:01:27 am »
Really? Is he that bad? I get the impression that he always makes time for his fans, every one of them, when they come to support his performances, and is a gracious loser (2007 US Nationals, for example). Granted, he says some things that make you wince at times, and he's no stranger to arrogance, but I kinda like his spirit. But maybe being in the UK I'm not getting the full picture?

Apparently so.  Back in early 2006, I was watching one of the skating championships and was in a blow by blow discussion on IMDb BBM board about the skaters with a couple of other fans.  One of the posters - I'm not sure if it was our skategirl here - actually either had been at the same competition with him or knew someone who shared rides and stuff with him at some competitions and pretty much said he was really arrogant and a shit to his teammates.  Time has passed, maybe he's mellowed some. [shrug]

Offline opinionista

« Reply #2597 on: March 02, 2007, 10:40:57 am »
Jake talked to People about his niece and upcoming movie. It surprised me after Maggie Gyllenhaal vowed she was never ever going to talk to that magazine again after what they made her go through when she was about to give birth. I thought Jake would support her but iI guess business is business. Here's the scoop.

Jake Gyllenhaal Calls Being an Uncle 'Great'
FRIDAY MARCH 02, 2007 07:55 AM EST

By Jeffrey Slonim and Stephen M. Silverman

Jake Gyllenhaal stars in the new thriller Zodiac, but one of his favorite roles is doting uncle to neice Ramona.

"It's great, wonderful," the actor, 26, told PEOPLE. Ramona, who was born in October to Gyllenhaal's big sister Maggie and actor Peter Sarsgaard, is "incredible."

"Of course, I've brought over presents," he said Wednesday at the Cinema Society and GQ New York City screening of Zodiac. "She's not talking yet, but she looks amazing. I revel in her growth. It's an amazing process to watch – and to watch my sister also."

In Zodiac, Gyllenhaal plays Robert Graysmith, the San Francisco Chronicle cartoonist obsessed with the case of the Zodiac killer who terrorized the Bay Area starting in the late '60s. The actor said he picked up some of that passion himself.

"I think it was something natural when you're shooting for 110 days, being immersed in a case where there is so much information and every scene consists of making sure that the dialogue is so detailed," he said.

Still: "I wouldn't say I find a lot of similarities with my character. Obsession has many manifestations. I always looked at it like he loves puzzles. He's like a kid in a candy store. It's an odd candy store, obviously. But for him, there was a joy in every clue that he got."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20013758,00.html
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2598 on: March 02, 2007, 12:58:40 pm »
Yay 4 Friday!  8)

I thought I'd share my latest Jakey fanpics with you avid Gyllenhaalics ...

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2599 on: March 02, 2007, 10:03:37 pm »
Here is Jake's reaction when he finds orange poop in his niece's diaper.