Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210643 times)

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2830 on: May 06, 2007, 03:20:40 pm »
Mikaela -

Will this poster help you decide about 'Zodiac'?   :laugh:

I know it's a little goofy, but any excuse for a picture of Jake, right?  ;D
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2831 on: May 06, 2007, 03:33:22 pm »
LOL! :laugh: Oh have no fear, I'd see that film no matter what reviews it got. I'm far from tired of Jake yet. (Slight understatement there). But thank you all for the comments and posters. It's good to hear that it works according to its (presumed) intention. Low-key is just my thing. I'm looking very much forward to it!   :)

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #2832 on: May 08, 2007, 12:00:27 am »
I thought Zodiac was a very, very good movie - well done, interesting, and suspenseful.  Jake, of course, was awesome in it.

October Sky is one of my FAVS!  Delightful, wonderful film.
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline NavyVet

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Harm/Tony - My fav rare pair
« Reply #2833 on: May 08, 2007, 12:04:35 am »
Ah, yes, Jake does look fine in black.
Anyone know what model hat he's wearing and where I can get me one of those?   ;)
NavyVet
"Brokeback Mountain:  Where slash is canon!"

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2834 on: May 08, 2007, 06:59:11 am »
Ah, yes, Jake does look fine in black.
Anyone know what model hat he's wearing and where I can get me one of those?   ;)
Oh My!
I just love a man in black!
Ecspecially that man! 8)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2835 on: May 08, 2007, 07:06:14 am »
Ok this is the Jakey thread, sure enuf, but the Gyllysister, Maggie, was over at Babbo's in NYC having dinner with some friends on Saturday.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is...one strange looking woman.

Not bad strange, no, not at all.  Her face is simply not the face of your conventional Hollywood beauty.

She has a strange face, a face you want to simply look at. An animated face. She is a beautiful woman if there  ever was one, yet nothing about her looks is conventional. She has one of those faces which  simply do not add up when you look at each feature individually...yet when you put all her facial features together the result, IMO,  is etherial beauty.

In person her face takes your breath away. Her face automatically brings to mind what the Greco-Romans considered to be the most beautiful statue in their world, the Aphrodite of Cnidos by the ancient Greek sculptor Praxiteles.

AND she is extremely nice. Not a phony but pleasant 'social' sort of niceness, either; MG has the sort of genuine kindness which comes from inside, the sort of nice you can't fake.

Her authenticity comes through loud and clear.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2007, 07:36:45 am by brokebackjack »
"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

mvansand76

« Reply #2836 on: May 08, 2007, 07:28:17 am »
Ok this is the Jakey thread, sure enuf, but the Gyllysister, Maggie, was over at Babbo's in NYC having dinner with some friends on Saturday.

Maggie Gyllenhaal is...one strange looking woman.

Not bad strange, no, not at all.  Her face is simply not the face of your conventional Hollywood beauty.

She has a strange face, a face you want to simply look at. An animated face. She is a beautiful woman if there  ever was one, yet nothing about her looks is conventional. She has one of those faces which  simply do not add up when you look at each feature individually...yet when you put all her facial features together the result, IMO,  is etherial beauty.

In person her face takes your breath away. Her face automatically brings to mind what the Greco-Romans considered to be the most beautiful statue in their world, the Aphrodite of Cnidos by the ancient Greek sculptor Praxiteles.

AND she is extremely nice. Not a phony but pleasant 'social' sort of niceness, either; you know ---those awful people who can charm God himself while MG has the sort of genuine kindness which comes from inside, the sort of nice you can't fake.

Her authenticity comes through loud and clear.

I so agree about her face simply being a face you want to look at! I watched "Stranger than Fiction" the other day and I was completely mesmerised by her beautiful and one in a million face! She is an exceptional actress. And I can really recommend that movie BTW... :)

So did you meet her?

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2837 on: May 08, 2007, 07:21:35 pm »
I looooooove Stranger Than Fiction, and I looooooooooooooooove Maggie.  I think I ate at Babbo once myself.  Is it right across the street from the Washington Square Hotel near NYU?

Do tell us about meeting her if you did!

No more beans!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2838 on: May 08, 2007, 08:25:51 pm »
Okay, I just saw THE PRESTIGE which came out last year.  The goatee/mustache photo of Jake reminded me so much of a younger Christian Bale. And it seems sorta a Jake movie.  Okay, I was reminded a bit DONNIE DARKO.  I was thinking Jake would have been great in THE PRESTIGE.  I wonder if he tried out for it.  Perhaps the director wanted an older person to play a worldy magician.  Anyway, check out the film and see if see the resemblence.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2839 on: May 08, 2007, 08:53:13 pm »

Impressed and intrigued, I Googled this statue of which you speak to see what it looks like.  Great statue, but I don't know, I think Maggie's face is a little more substantial:

:)