Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210269 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #2840 on: May 08, 2007, 08:55:42 pm »
I saw The Prestige last year and liked it.  There are some similarities between Jake and Christian Bale, yes, but I think Jake is much more soulful.  CB generally leaves me cold.  Don't know why - something lacking in his eyes, I think.

I actually liked The Illusionist quite a bit more.  As much as I enjoyed Hugh Jackman in The Prestige and generally don't like Edward Norton so much, I got a kick out of him in The Illusionist.  Much more passionate than he usually is.  He runs kind of hot and cold.  To me, he generally just phones it in.  But sometimes someone or something lights a fire under him and he turns out an amazing performance, as in American History X or Primal Fear.  He ruined The Red Dragon for me, though - that was one of my favorite books years ago, and he crucified Will Graham.  William Petersen got him right in Manhunter, the first movie version of that book.  Ed Norton watered him down so much he barely held your interest, let alone made you care about (and be a little creeped out by) him.

Can I be both a Script Doctor and a Casting Doctor?  Just a little dream I have of re-writing decent scripts to have dialogue that doesn't make me want to gag and recasting good stories with the right actors.

And yes, Jake would have been great in CB's role in The Prestige.  But then he'd be great (and about a thousand times better) in pretty much every role CB's ever played, if you ask me.  Sigh - Jake as my literary crush Laurie in "Little Women" - I shouldn't even go there...
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2841 on: May 08, 2007, 08:57:55 pm »
Ah, I searched a little more, and this is also called the Aphrodite of Cnidos, by Praxiteles:

Offline brokebackjack

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2842 on: May 09, 2007, 04:50:33 am »
Ah, I searched a little more, and this is also called the Aphrodite of Cnidos, by Praxiteles:

Yup, that's her. this one is the head. there are a lot of torsos but most are unidentified. there is an actual HEAD in the British Museum which some claim IS and some claim ISN'T the actual head of that statue. But that photo is either a copy or the original head i think. after 2400 years it still shows something, absolutely timeless. She has a face with those same qualities, maggie does.....It was spectacular intact, everything back then was painted and tinted so realistically they don't know how it was done! real eyes, too. Ancient art is all colorless and eyeless today but back then....holllyy sheeeiiittt

"I couldn't stand it no more so i fixed it"

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2843 on: May 09, 2007, 02:08:59 pm »
I find Maggie's face mesmerizing, but it is bizarre.  She has a heart-shaped face and a sharp sharp almost jutting chin, and no, IMO she looks nothing like any Venus ever made.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2844 on: May 09, 2007, 03:06:48 pm »
I don't find her attractive at all!
But, what the hell do I know! :-\
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline coffeecat33

« Reply #2845 on: May 10, 2007, 11:01:18 pm »
click on photos

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2846 on: May 11, 2007, 07:35:01 am »
I started watching Jarhead lastnight.
Holy cow he looked fantastic! The Santa Hat dance was wonderful! ;D
He's just a beautiful man! :)
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #2847 on: May 11, 2007, 07:52:35 am »
click on photos

Dear Lord, you can't even begin to imagine how happy these pictures made me Leslie... :P :P :P ;D :-*
Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2848 on: May 11, 2007, 07:05:38 pm »
click on photos

We sure that's not a body double?  8)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2849 on: May 11, 2007, 07:53:30 pm »