Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3214157 times)

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #3980 on: June 02, 2008, 10:51:24 am »

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3981 on: June 02, 2008, 04:13:06 pm »
Gyllenhaal did come in second, which ain’t bad… hot on his heels, sexy hunk Ryan Reynolds made a good showing based on his work in The Nines (and his abs didn’t help, I’m sure), while sexy James Marsden’s twice gay work landed him in fourth.

As lovesick romantic Jack Twist, Jake Gyllenhaal won our hearts… and he looked damn sexy doing it. But it was the eloquent way he spoke on making Brokeback Mountain that made him a true pioneer for gay rights… and a gay icon for years to come.

http://www.gaywired.com/Article.cfm?ID=19151

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3982 on: June 02, 2008, 08:40:55 pm »
Was Anne Hathaway trying to say something about Jake being rather quiet about Heath's passing?  In this past Sunday's PARADE MAGAZINE she's quoted as saying

The death of Heath Ledger, her co-star in Brokeback Mountain, was a shocker that touched her deeply. "That was tough," she says.

"I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3983 on: June 02, 2008, 08:47:40 pm »
Was Anne Hathaway trying to say something about Jake being rather quiet about Heath's passing?  In this past Sunday's PARADE MAGAZINE she's quoted as saying

The death of Heath Ledger, her co-star in Brokeback Mountain, was a shocker that touched her deeply. "That was tough," she says.

"I hesitate to talk about Heath. He was special in so many ways. I can tell you that I feel I cared about him more than I actually knew him. It was devastating, and the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time."

I'd say so.  But wait, how old was that interview?  Did she give it before Michelle finally said her piece?

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3984 on: June 02, 2008, 09:30:29 pm »

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3985 on: June 03, 2008, 12:15:51 am »

That was my immediate thought, that she was alluding to people, who had not as of that time made any comment.I am over the Jake thing now, but I will never understand it.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #3986 on: June 03, 2008, 11:29:31 am »

This is really interesting.  I saw an adorable on-camera interview with Anne on E! yesterday.  She was reallly energetic and funny.  The topic of Heath was not discussed at all (or anything BBM related).  But, she looked and seemed great (if a little to thin... or so it seems to me).  She also had a cute haircut.

But, back on topic... the phrase "the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time" definitely seems intriguing since we know that both Michelle and Heath's family have already made statements.  It's interesting to think about what she's referring to at this stage.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 12:54:43 pm by atz75 »
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3987 on: June 03, 2008, 11:38:43 am »

But, back on topic... the phrase "the people who were closest to him should talk about him in their own time" definitely seems intriguing since we know that both Michelle and Heath's family have already made statements.  It's interesting to think about what she's referring to at this stage.

She probably means Jake. But since she said she didn't know Heath that well and i suppose didn't keep in touch with him, she probably thinks he and Jake remained as close as during award season 2005.  We know, like you said, that Heath's family, Michelle and others close to him already commented. That's why i think she probably meant Jake, but the question is, did they stay as close? I personally didn't have the impression. What i'm sure of is that Jake will probably speak about him when promotion for "Brothers" begins.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3988 on: June 04, 2008, 09:35:13 am »

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3989 on: June 04, 2008, 07:02:06 pm »
Well, Reese has a new 'do.

Reese Witherspoon Debuts New 'Do

AOL
Posted: 2008-06-03 17:19:42
Filed Under: Movie News

(June 3) - Reese Witherspoon revealed a new cropped cut this past weekend. The actress, 32, showed off a stylish shoulder-length bob at the Kidstock Music and Art Festival in Beverly Hills.

Witherspoon, who attended the event sans main squeeze Jake Gyllenhaal, can now spend less time on the low-maintenance 'do, and more time with her kids: Ava, 8, and Deacon, 4.