Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210685 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4010 on: June 13, 2008, 08:53:40 pm »
I was thinking; AFAIK Jake hasn't made one interview, or media appearance, or public appearance such as award shows,  or and public statement, since before mid-January.

It's not that he hasn't been visible - the pap pictures with Reese Witherspoon are too numerous to count by now...and they all seem to be carrying a "I'm doing great, leave me alone" statement all of their own. But for someone with 3 (or 4) films in the works, one of which a superhero thingie that will require as much hype as it can get, this must be deemed unusual, mustn't it? He's been lying reallly, really low. For nearly half a year. I wonder whether it's that he simply can't bring himself to have to say anything about Heath, and that's why he's been staying so out of sight. Or whether he's just so preoccupied with RW and her kids at the moment and hence avoids the media hoopla. Or whether it's entirely common that film stars keep this private inbetween their scheduled and contractually obligated film promotion gigs. I am a poor fan, I find I don't know much about general film star living.... at all.

OMG, you're absolutely right.  Where has the time gone?  The year is half gone and not a peep out of him.  I don't know what's going through his mind, but it could be any of the above or all of the above reasons.   He might be letting the furor die down, let Heath's headlines slowly fade so when he finally does have to speak there's not a lurid frenzy of the press, or he's just very settled and not wanting to rock the boat right now because he will be doing several press tours when all his movies open up and he may be relishing his quiet time and girding his loins until that comes up and he no longer has a choice in the matter.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4011 on: June 13, 2008, 09:06:21 pm »
I´ve searched youtube for the clip from SNL when Jake sings while wearing a dress, but no luck.
Does anyone know if there is someplace to see it?

I saw it once on tv, but I wanna see it again...and again...and again:)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4012 on: June 13, 2008, 10:56:38 pm »
Yes, many TV stations had that Jake wearing a dress... and singing !

So did YouTube, I seem to remember, but it's NOT anymore on it ?

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4013 on: June 14, 2008, 02:55:18 am »
Yes, many TV stations had that Jake wearing a dress... and singing !

So did YouTube, I seem to remember, but it's NOT anymore on it ?
I don´t think it´s on youtube anymore. I have used every searchword I can come u with. Grrrr

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4014 on: June 14, 2008, 03:31:08 am »
I´ve searched youtube for the clip from SNL when Jake sings while wearing a dress, but no luck.

Hi Monika, this is the best I could find.  It starts at 5:18.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jV6C2GkeWQ[/youtube]

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4015 on: June 14, 2008, 03:46:38 am »
Here is Jake in a dress on SNL

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4016 on: June 14, 2008, 03:59:49 am »

I posted an attachment here and I emailed it to you too.   :)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4017 on: June 14, 2008, 04:56:57 am »
Thank you!

That made me realize how much I actually miss the playful, charming, sweet, happy-to-have-done-Brokeback, non-reclusive version of Jake. He's been MIA for a full half a year; last seen dancing briefly on Ellen DeGeneres' birthday tape back in January (?).

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4018 on: June 14, 2008, 06:27:08 am »
He was busy filming Brothers, now he's filming Nailed and shortly he'll start filming PoP. I'm sure during promotion in December we'll see a lot of him. I'm pretty certain he'll be charming doing promotional work as usual. Next year we'll have Nailed and PoP and even more promotion and Jake goodness. Now he's just too busy working!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4019 on: June 14, 2008, 07:03:42 am »
Now nothing stands in the way of public appearances together, Reese is officially a divorced woman  ;) :

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5iMTvY3gZoLXAIKDyaldOV_6DWm_QD919G7LG0