Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210142 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4060 on: July 01, 2008, 02:41:17 pm »
Not the First time, Jake G. has been on Ellen's show !

May there be more !

Ellen, has surpassed Oprah, in some ways, it is said !

Merci Ellen !

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4061 on: July 01, 2008, 02:45:37 pm »
Come to think of it  (I added this bit to my previous post too) - I suppose it's more interesting by now to ask him about Reese and where they are - you know; are they getting serious and that kind of thing. Seeing that Ellen herself is getting married soon....

I think I'm totally projecting my own wishes onto it when thinking of the show - I'm very interested in anything that might be said about Heath, but couldn't care less about Reese Witherspoon. But I suppose most people would see it the other way around by now.
Then again, maybe not. Ellen's audience must be a relatively Brokeback-friendly crowd, I'd imagine.

Mikaela, I'm with you!  I really am not interested at all in hearing Reese Witherspoon, or Jake's relationship with Reese Witherspoon.  I still believe that Jake & Heath make a better looking couple than Jake & Reese!

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #4062 on: July 01, 2008, 02:52:43 pm »
Well, I'm sorry everyone. I guess I should have gotten all my information before I ran over here to post. It looked like it was a rerun. He was promoting Rendition, not Brothers. No mention of Heath, and only mention of Reese as his co-star in the movie. He and Ellen talked about how much they love each other for a while, and a little about Maggie and her baby (who they said was one year old) and Jake cooked.

I went youtubing as I was writing this and found the interview. It says it was from 10/18/07, so of course he wouldn't have mentioned Heath or Reese. Here's the interview part:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2E4BVkjWK00[/youtube]

And the part after the commercial when he cooks:

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsp5I7FTy_w&feature=related[/youtube]

I'm sorry I got everyone so excited! I didn't know it was a rerun, I just heard that he would be on the show. :-\

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4063 on: July 01, 2008, 03:18:22 pm »
don't worry Courtney - it's still a very cute show!

"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #4064 on: July 01, 2008, 03:32:28 pm »
Yeah, definitely worth watching... it's just not what everyone was expecting.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4065 on: July 01, 2008, 03:35:20 pm »
Well, I'm sorry everyone. I guess I should have gotten all my information before I ran over here to post. It looked like it was a rerun.

LOL! Never worry,  it made for some good speculation and excitement anyway!  :)

And this means we've still got Jake breaking his silence to look forward to in the not-too-distant future.

Actually, I think Ellen's show would be a good place for him to do that.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4066 on: July 01, 2008, 04:42:49 pm »
At least, he laughs and smile a lot... which is nice.

What is that about enhancement ?

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4067 on: July 01, 2008, 05:27:11 pm »
Just one question and i don't mean to offend anyone. Why is it still so important for some fans that Jake says something about Heath? I know at the beginning i wondered about the lack of tribute too, because almost everyone close to Heath did it, someone on imdb even posted tributes from Heath's childhood friends from Australia.  I came to realize that Jake and Heath probably didn't remain as close as some might think. Jake didn't need to pay tribute at the time and he didn't. I'm sure he was sad that Heath died, no doubt about it, but he went on with his life, he also had a relationship to think about. I'm sure he will pay tribute when promotions for Brothers begins, imo most will be satisfyied by it, for some it will be (like a poster here said) a bit too late.
As for Matilda, i think he and Michelle keep in touch (mainly phone or something), but what do some people expect? He lives in L.A. with a woman who also has two kids and for whom he wants to be there too and Matilda lives in N.Y. IMO it's just the reality of life.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4068 on: July 01, 2008, 06:00:28 pm »
MiLan, my reasons for believing Jake ought to have said some respectful words after Heath's passing was stated at length somewhere back in the HHH thread.  I can find it for you when I have better time.... . My view of this has not changed over the subsequent months. Though I now in a way think it's really way too late, I find I still hope Jake will eventually come through with the tribute I personally think he should have offered back then - whether they were close friends at the time of Heath's passing or not, - which we of course have no way of knowing.

For me this has everything to do with Jake's behaviour in his professional life and in relation to that iconic image, the beloved pair of deuces, that he and Heath created and acted together in giving us Brokeback. Their joint effort as Jack and Ennis meant and still means so much to so many fans, fans that were deeply hurting and bewildered and sad back at the end of January, as Jake very well knows - fans who would have found comfort in some words from Jake. To me personally, his silence was one more indication that he for whatever reason at the time was deliberately distancing himself somewhat from Brokeback, and the continued silence has come across as if he's possibly still prioritizing that, even after the tragic event. (His speaking of Heath would invariably have led to another round of media rehashing lots of Brokeback images and stories of the two of them, - his keeping silent has (mostly) meant that has been avoided).

He didn't have to say anything, of course not - but IMO he should have. My opinion hasn't changed.

Jake's private life and who he's dating etc. has little interest for me, certainly in this connection.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4069 on: July 02, 2008, 10:51:28 am »
Well i don't think it makes a difference whether he payed tribute when all the other co-stars etc. did or when he does during Brothers promo (and i think he will speak during the promo tour), it'll still bring up their connection through Brokeback. I don't know why he didn't speak back then, but i'm pretty certain we'll never find out why.