Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210736 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4150 on: July 21, 2008, 10:17:42 am »
Just speculating here, but how sweet would it be if Heath's family had given Jake something to remember Heath by?  (Which brings me back to the memory of THE shirts in BBM.)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4151 on: July 21, 2008, 11:00:40 am »
Just speculating here, but how sweet would it be if Heath's family had given Jake something to remember Heath by?  (Which brings me back to the memory of THE shirts in BBM.)

That's a sweet idea Fran and a nice thought.

About the longer hair... am I correct in thinking the longer hair is hair extensions for a role?  Or do we think he really grew his hair out?  I like the longer hair look by the way.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4152 on: July 21, 2008, 12:44:57 pm »
The first time I saw those pictures of Jake I had to do a double take. He looks more like Heath than he does himself .Very odd.
I then read the diary of lisa and teds visit with him and, was even more shocked to hear that he talks of Heath in the present tense.He  mentions that they were really good friends, and yet Heath does not seem to have made any "close" friends on the TDK set.
I now wonder if Jake is as traumatised by it all as we are. It could be that they did form a very close bond on BBM and Jake is still grieving, but because of the constant and ever vigilant Paparazzi, he has found his own way to deal with it, away from the public eye.
I loved the fact that he seemed to be well aware of how much BBM had impacted on the lives of so many.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4153 on: July 21, 2008, 02:43:56 pm »
Welcome to the thread and the board, rlh03.

New to this site.  Hope I like it.  BUT!!!!!  I'm somewhat disappointed to see so many complaints about him and Reese Witherspoon. [  ] He's a big boy, not dumb ,so he's able to make his own decisions.  Lets just give him every bit of support we can. Why can't we let him lead his life as he wishes and just wish him the very best of everything. 

I do not agree that there have been many, if any, complaints of the sort you indicate. IMO people have been very careful in being respectful and in not going there - and many (notably MiLan) are eager and invested fans of Jake's and post very positively about his current relationship.

I personally am all for letting him lead his life as he wishes, just as you say; - which means I'm not inclined to opine on his personal life one way or the other - it's none of my business. I've kept from posting about that from day one of my Brokeback fandom participation. That also means I'm disinclined to go online "giving him support" in his personal life choices - again, it's none of my business and I do not know him or the people around him.

I dislike Reese Witherspoon as a public person and certainly as an actress, I've done so for a  number of years,  - but I have no business opining on who she dates or what she does with her private life either.

----

Chrissi, I think Jake's clothing and looks are a mere coincidence. I think the hair is for the PoP role, and the hat is merely to keep the hair out of his face. I do not think there's a conscious or indeed subconscious homage to Heath in it.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4154 on: July 21, 2008, 03:06:53 pm »
Chrissi, I think Jake's clothing and looks are a mere coincidence. I think the hair is for the PoP role, and the hat is merely to keep the hair out of his face. I do not think there's a conscious or indeed subconscious homage to Heath in it.

That is what I also believe. Still, those specific pictures had me like WTF :o? for a moment.
And let's not forget that horizontal stripes are hip again since last winter's collection (assumed it's similar across the big pond). I should know it, I've been on the hunt for horizontal striped shirts and sweaters for the last twenty years or so :laugh:. And all of a sudden, there's plenty of them :D.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4155 on: July 21, 2008, 03:11:11 pm »
Well, time to stock up for the next 20 years!  ;D

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4156 on: July 21, 2008, 03:52:54 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:    :laugh: :laugh:    :laugh: :laugh:

Beautiful mind

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4157 on: July 21, 2008, 04:14:50 pm »

:laugh:
Well, I already did buy some striped tops this year .... and six pairs of striped socks in one swoop, just because they were there ...  ::)
Not enough for twenty years though ;)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4158 on: July 21, 2008, 05:27:25 pm »
Never enough stripes, never enough.

:)

I have no proof in thinking so, but I do think Jake's clothes have been an homage (or maybe an homme-age) to Heath.  I think it's interesting that even people who don't think it's related to Heath do recognize the similarity.

BTW, looking at the stripes on the shoulders of the two striped shirts and how they meet up, I don't think the shirt Jake is wearing is literally the one Heath has on in the photo.

Offline optom3

« Reply #4159 on: July 21, 2008, 05:34:03 pm »
Never enough stripes, never enough.

:)

I have no proof in thinking so, but I do think Jake's clothes have been an homage (or maybe an homme-age) to Heath.  I think it's interesting that even people who don't think it's related to Heath do recognize the similarity.

BTW, looking at the stripes on the shoulders of the two striped shirts and how they meet up, I don't think the shirt Jake is wearing is literally the one Heath has on in the photo.

Whether or not it is deliberate there is definitely a similarity. Sometimes these things occur on an almost subconscious level.

I had to chuckle though, as I did exactly the same as you and looked at  the way the sleeves joined the shoulders in both photos !!!!  I really thought I would be the only one to resort to such minutiae . I should have been a forensic scientist .