Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211735 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4160 on: July 21, 2008, 05:37:28 pm »

I had to chuckle though, as I did exactly the same as you and looked at  the way the sleeves joined the shoulders in both photos !!!!  I really thought I would be the only one to resort to such minutiae . I should have been a forensic scientist .

Never enough minutiae, never enough.  ;)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4161 on: July 21, 2008, 05:48:52 pm »
:laugh:
Well, I already did buy some striped tops this year .... and six pairs of striped socks in one swoop, just because they were there ...  ::)
Not enough for twenty years though ;)

Wouldn't it be swell if the Western Shop in Brussels had striped cowboy boots?  ;D

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4162 on: July 23, 2008, 12:30:21 pm »
I did notice the dislike towards "Gyllenspoon", but definitely not on this board. Most fans here don't mind the relationship or are even really happy for them. :)

Diane Sawyer on set visit to Jake's new movie:

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/2008_07_23_They_ve_got_the_goods/srvc=home&position=also

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4163 on: July 23, 2008, 01:00:12 pm »

FWIW, one of my favorite things about Reese is that she seems to support a lot of important women's causes.  She also seems like quite a down-to-earth person as far as movie stars go.  Actually, I've always quite enjoyed her.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4164 on: July 24, 2008, 01:30:35 pm »

Diane Sawyer on set visit to Jake's new movie:

http://news.bostonherald.com/track/inside_track/view/2008_07_23_They_ve_got_the_goods/srvc=home&position=also

Actually, it seems they're talking about items people can bid on at the 30th annual Possible Dreams Auction to be held on Aug. 3 on Martha's Vineyard:

• A private golf clinic with world champion Ernie Els
  • A visit with film director Doug Liman and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the set of their upcoming movie
  • A visit to the set of Good Morning America with Diane Sawyer
  • A night at the theatre with Mike Nichols
  • The Red Sox VIP treatment in the owner's suite at Fenway Park this fall
  • An invitation to the 2009 American Idol finals

There's a chance here for another excellent adventure a la Ted and Lisa....  :)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4165 on: July 24, 2008, 01:45:19 pm »
Actually, it seems they're talking about items people can bid on at 30th annual Possible Dreams Auction to be held on Aug. 3 on Martha's Vineyard:

• A private golf clinic with world champion Ernie Els
  • A visit with film director Doug Liman and actor Jake Gyllenhaal on the set of their upcoming movie
  • A visit to the set of Good Morning America with Diane Sawyer
  • A night at the theatre with Mike Nichols
  • The Red Sox VIP treatment in the owner's suite at Fenway Park this fall
  • An invitation to the 2009 American Idol finals

There's a chance here for another excellent adventure a la Ted and Lisa....  :)

That's really interesting.  I wonder if Jake participates in these fan lunches relatively routinely?

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4166 on: July 24, 2008, 05:52:19 pm »
That's really interesting.  I wonder if Jake participates in these fan lunches relatively routinely?

Hearing it put that way, I am reminded of the movie Soapdish, where, whenever the Sally Field character (an aging soap star) would feel down in the dumps, her very practical show worker (played by Whoopi Goldberg) would take her to a local mall, then suddenly gasp loudly, "Oh my God!  You're that famous soap star!"  and then step back as the regular shoppers would come flocking over and deluge the star with adoration and ask for her autograph, which she would beneficently give out.  It was hilarious and touching.

« Last Edit: July 25, 2008, 01:53:19 am by Elle »

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4167 on: July 24, 2008, 10:43:05 pm »
LOL, yeah, I can see how that might be a little boost for a person feeling down in the dumps.

Well, based on their descriptions, it sounds like Ted and Lisa did a good job conveying lots of Brokie love for Jake if he's feeling down in the dumps or needed a little boost... I hope he understands a bit about the extent of Brokie affection at least.

And, maybe if he understands how strong friendships and communities have been forged based entirely off of BBM (as in Ted and Lisa becoming friends based on Brokie forums) that would be a powerful and positive thing for him too.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4168 on: July 25, 2008, 12:30:13 am »
LOL, yeah, I can see how that might be a little boost for a person feeling down in the dumps.

Well, based on their descriptions, it sounds like Ted and Lisa did a good job conveying lots of Brokie love for Jake if he's feeling down in the dumps or needed a little boost... I hope he understands a bit about the extent of Brokie affection at least.

And, maybe if he understands how strong friendships and communities have been forged based entirely off of BBM (as in Ted and Lisa becoming friends based on Brokie forums) that would be a powerful and positive thing for him too.

If he sees only 1/100th of the posts ad lives changed, I would guess it would be both empowering but also  little overwelming.I cannot conceive how it must feel knowing that something you ave done has had such a butterfly effect.Good but a little scary, would be my bet.

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4169 on: July 25, 2008, 09:10:22 am »

Hi all!
He might not browse in Brokies' communities himself, but I wouldn't be surprised if his assistant or someone else close to him does, and reports back. Well, that's my guess.
sel

BbM, I swear