Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3210013 times)

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4250 on: September 02, 2008, 11:43:59 am »

:) I sure have noticed!! :o

The first time I saw BBM in the theatre, I was completely mesmerized by Jake's eyes.
I don't know whether it was that particular theatre or just the sheer magnetic beauty
of them, but I was literally blown away. I think that some of their brightness was the
angle of the shots, but regardless, they are breathtakingly gorgeous!!! :D

(the kind of eyes one could get lost in.......................)
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #4251 on: September 02, 2008, 11:58:20 am »
He does have gorgeous blue eyes.

Did you know he wears contacts?

Offline Gabreya

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4252 on: September 03, 2008, 10:57:42 pm »
Yeah. I agree, chefjudy. I couldn't help when I was watching BBM that I was was awestruck at how dreamy his eyes are. I mean, his eyes are like the same as the sky. I mean, they're unbeliavably beautiful. :)

Btw, I didn't know he wore contacts, _dev. Of course, there were some photos that looked like he was wearing them. But hey, I guess they're probably prescription or just decorative. ;)

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4253 on: September 08, 2008, 02:31:10 pm »
I was just Googling Jake's Mother (Naomi Foner-Gyllenhaal) to find out more about her political/ social interests and found myself briefly looking at her imdb trivia page.  It was completely unhelpful on the topic of her social interests.  But, it did cause me to learn that Paul Newman is Jake's godfather!  Somehow I didn't know that before.  I knew about Jamie Lee Curtis.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0284524/bio
Mother of Maggie Gyllenhaal and Jake Gyllenhaal

She received her M.A. in developmental psychology from Columbia University

She received a B.A. in English from Barnard College in 1966.

Is Naomi from the line "And what about Naomi?" in the "Love of Chair" segment from "The Electric Company" (1971).

Eric Foner is sometimes incorrectly referred to as her brother (The Columbia Spectator, February 2006). He is actually her ex-husband.

Graduate of Barnard College (Class of 1966).

Granddaughter Ramona Sarsgaard, born October 3, 2006.

Daughter Maggie Ruth Gyllenhaal, born November 16, 1977.

Son Jacob 'Jake' Benjamin Gyllenhaal, born December 19, 1980.

Grandmother of Maggie Gyllenhaal's daughter Ramona.

Godfather of her son Jake Gyllenhaal is Paul Newman.

Godmother of her son Jake Gyllenhaal is Jamie Lee Curtis.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4254 on: September 08, 2008, 03:14:22 pm »
He does have gorgeous blue eyes.

Did you know he wears contacts?

I wondered if he did.I have seen thousands of eyes in my occupation, and Jakes sometimes look suspiciously like blue contacts to me.Just before I moved here,there were some new coloured lenses hit the market. They were simply amazing, not just a solid block of colour, but with a darker rim, and several different hues, just like a real Iris.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4255 on: September 08, 2008, 05:54:02 pm »
Yes, in an interview he said he wears contacts, he is short sighted, but i don't know if also coloured. It's possible, maybe to enhence the blue of his already beautiful baby blues. :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4256 on: September 08, 2008, 08:37:02 pm »
Love you Jake G. !

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #4257 on: September 09, 2008, 03:40:10 am »
I was just Googling Jake's Mother (Naomi Foner-Gyllenhaal) to find out more about her political/ social interests and found myself briefly looking at her imdb trivia page.  It was completely unhelpful on the topic of her social interests.  But, it did cause me to learn that Paul Newman is Jake's godfather!  Somehow I didn't know that before.  I knew about Jamie Lee Curtis.

I had read about Paul Newman.  He (race car driver) apparently taught Jake to drive!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4258 on: September 09, 2008, 09:37:39 am »

I keep wondering why Naomi Foner Gyllenhaal's imdb page doesn't mention whether or not Maggie has godparents (or the like).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4259 on: September 11, 2008, 04:09:26 pm »
Perhaps she has, but they are just (non-famous) family members, or ditto friends of J&Ms parents, ie. not someone that the crowd at IMDB would find interesting to know about. As opposed to Jake's star quality godparents team, which makes for a good story or an interesting tidbit in articles about him etc.

Have you checked Maggie's own page, btw?