Author Topic: Jake Jake Jake!  (Read 3211641 times)

Offline Casana

• Don't Say Much
Re: Jake Jake Jake!
« Reply #4400 on: December 29, 2008, 12:56:38 pm »
It won't ever happen, I'm very certain it won't. He's gone out of his way when in public (for whatever reason, I'm not going to speculate) to disassociate himself from any mentions of Heath (and thereby IMO, of BBM) and that surely isn't about to suddenly change at this late stage.

I had to registar to reply to this, Jake has not made a public appearance since Oct 2007, he has not spoken in public about anything since Oct 2007 and has been filming all of 2008. How has he disassociated himself from Heath and BBM ???.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #4401 on: December 29, 2008, 01:00:52 pm »
I had to registar to reply to this, Jake has not made a public appearance since Oct 2007, he has not spoken in public about anything since Oct 2007 and has been filming all of 2008. How has he disassociated himself from Heath and BBM ???.
I canĀ“t quite see it either. How many actors talk about movies they did several years ago, unless when specifically asked about them?

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4402 on: December 29, 2008, 01:35:53 pm »
I think it would have been nice if Jake payed tribute when all the other people close to Heath or who worked with him did. Jake chose to keep quiet for whatever reason. I respect his decision. Though I did appreciate the tributes payed to Heath which evened out the stories from rags a bit.
I also think mentioning Heath during promotional work for upcoming movies would not be appropriate. So, I very much doubt Jake will present let alone accept the award Heath might get.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4403 on: December 29, 2008, 05:52:20 pm »

Welcome to BM, and I hope you stick around!  :) Jake is lucky to have such very dedicated fans despite his being so absent from any public appearances for such a long time. More than a year, I wonder how long that is, measured in Hollywood time?  ;D

I have ample reasons IMO to write what I did and to hold my personal opinion. In addition to being based on apperances made as far back as in connection with his "Rendition" promotion it does of course involve my interpretation of the silences on various crucial occasions as much as anything.

I am disappointed in Jake, and I've expressed my reasons previously on this Board. But I am not out to diss or dismiss him. He has played the lead in 3 of my favourite films (BBM, Donnie Darko, Zodiac) and I am very grateful for those. And though I think his current carreer path is not particularly interesting nor challenging, - PoP holds no charm for me, - I'll leave it there. It's water under the bridge now in any case. I'm not out to "convert" or convince anyone to my way of seeing things. It doesn't bother me in the least that others strongly disagree. This thread is mainly for enjoying all things Jake, after all.

I do hope you'll stay and help Milan spead the Jake love and -info. This thread has gotten too quiet.... it's almost as if it emulates Jake himself.   

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4404 on: December 29, 2008, 06:32:14 pm »

Jake is acting like Heath did in his statements about BBM.  It was a job they did.  They were exceedingly proud of it.  It
gave them recognition.  Stars dont tend to discuss a film they worked on three or four years ago, unless someone else brings it up.  Heath said himself, that the greatest thing about that movie, was the family he received from it.  I am sure the rewards were wonderful, but not something he was stuck to in a career stopping way.  Necessity was such at the time,
that they had to "move on" from the roles they played in it.  That was necessary to stop them from being type cast in that
type of role.  The gossip was particularly difficult for Jake.  He was certified as gay, and that could have stullified the roles that
he would have been offered.  Its terrible to have that happen, but lets get real.  It would have been the case.  He neither confirmed nor denied that rumor in order to satisfy the rumor mongers. He simply said that it had never happened to him, that he was attracted to a man.  But should it happen he would not be adverse to it.   He has continued on with that line of behavior in the talk of Heaths death.  He simply keeps it quiet, and private.  I dont think he owes anyone any
comment about it.  I personally know for many years whenever I tried to discuss my brothers death, I would start to cry.  If he is like that, I am sure that could be one reason for him not caring to speak of it in a public way.  It simply is his own business,  Even Maggie was hard pressed to discuss it when asked.  I wish people nwould just leave him be.

Beautiful mind

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4405 on: December 29, 2008, 06:56:45 pm »
*sigh*  I'm not sure whether your comment was meant as entirely general or as a specific follow-up to my post, Janice, but just let me err on the side of caution: The views I express in my previous post are not based on and have no connection whatsoever with the particular gossip and speculation about Jake that you mention. I find that kind of speculation disrespectful, invasive, tasteless and pointless.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4406 on: December 30, 2008, 11:31:45 am »
Merci MilAn,

Likely and maybe, since (Jake G.)  his heart is broken, may I suggest to you!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4407 on: December 30, 2008, 02:56:56 pm »
Artiste, I have no idea what Jake is thinking or feeling nor is it any of my business. But since Jake didn't say anything about Heath publically, it would be weird if he presented Heath's category, let alone accept if Heath wins. This assumption is a bit weird to me and i'm  pretty sure it won't happen.
I, and please no offence, think some people should let it go. It was a movie, they were co-stars, maybe even freinds, but it's over now and maybe time to move on. If i offended anyone with my post, I apologize.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4408 on: December 30, 2008, 08:24:30 pm »
Interesting tidbit: Jake and Michelle were dating:

This photo was taken with Jake at an off BWAY play called Killer Joe some years ago. Jake at the time was dating Michelle Williams and would periodically pick her up at the play. The two of them were very fan friendly. signing and posing for photos. Today I hear both aren't that cool...

http://meetthefamous.com/photos-videos/details.php?story=3391

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4409 on: January 01, 2009, 08:04:36 am »
Happy new year! :)