Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3791689 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2190 on: July 15, 2007, 09:02:29 pm »
Just to remind us what we are all about here ... (and this was not taken by a paparrazzi!)

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2191 on: July 15, 2007, 09:03:12 pm »
Another all time favorite picture

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2192 on: July 15, 2007, 09:44:06 pm »

I have the total solution for all of it.  It is as simple as the one i gave for them.  They can Quit if gets to be too much..And all others can stop buying the rag mags that publish them.  Stop watching television shows such as they are all shown on.  They benefit from you watching that.  You benefit from watching and reading those things as well.  If you stop watching those displays.  They will no longer thrive, or be needing pictures..  If that is how you really feel? 
        My guess would be however the stars would be out in force to get their faces plastered all over those things if they were to stop.  If not.  They would stop going to those functions.  They want to receive certain amount of publicity that they like.  They dont want the kind they dont care for...Its very difficult in the world to get just what you want.  All the time...ask me.

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2193 on: July 15, 2007, 10:12:17 pm »

Ask a person living in Africa, with aids and no medicines if they would trade places.  Ask a refugee who lives in a small hut in a war torn country,
or a mother somewhere with no food for her children.  I am sure you would find they would all choose that life over the one they are living. 
    I personally think we are losing sight of what is true duress and just plain complaining.   

Janice, I don't think ANYbody would equate those kind of hardships to loss of privacy.  Hyperbole usually doesn't work very effectively in discussions.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2194 on: July 16, 2007, 01:21:40 am »
Janice-
Just want to echo Oilgun-you are not in any danger of being kicked off the welcome wagon.

Elle-ellxactly.

I don't envy or resent any person out in the world that is fortunate enough to have more than I have (well, that isn't all the way true  ;) ) nor do I think they should be punished for having the things that they have simply because others don't. I have no doubt that actors/musicians etc.  know that if they achieve a certain level of celebrity, their privacy will go down the toilet and they make the choice to do the thing that they love to do. Heath, like many other actors, as far as I can see is just a guy who loves his craft. He is not a publicity hound like so many of his peers; he tries to live a low-key, quiet life and it seems to me he should be able to sun bathe in his back freaking yard without some asshole with a camera peering over the fence! To suggest that someone just quit what s/he loves because s/he dislikes this type of abuse is, well, you know how I feel about it.

A pleasure disagreeing with you  ;D

O0

Heathen

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #2195 on: July 16, 2007, 01:37:37 am »
...and Barb, I'm so happy to see you-never mind seeing you here at HHH. You are one of my favorite Brokies in the world and any time spent in your orbit is time well spent. I read your JJJ comments-what a relief to have some perspective? I'm still waiting for some-with both those boys. I may be a Heathen but never discount my unnatural love for JakeJakeJake

loves

O0

Heathen

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2196 on: July 16, 2007, 02:06:07 am »

I wasnt aware that comparing issues that were the basis of the problem was considered hyperbole..  I was mainly arguing the fact that they are making much ado about little in the scheme of things. 
      No one gets a free ride though.  You always have to take the good with the bad.  Or vice versa.

Beautiful mind

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2197 on: July 16, 2007, 07:42:02 am »
It's been awhile since I've thrown this picture up....

Oh wait! That's not Heath, that's skinny dipping guy...SOWWY!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2198 on: July 16, 2007, 07:43:00 am »
Here's Heath...

L

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2199 on: July 16, 2007, 12:38:38 pm »
Or that the entire magazine buying and TV watching public doesn't have the common decency to know when to leave people alone. Paparazzi are only part of the problem. If there weren't a thriving market for those pictures, paparazzi would be out of their jobs. But the public's interest in celebrities' private lives seems boundless.

I think it's a chicken or egg question.  What came first, really?  Did the public DEMAND more and more celebrity sleaze-oid magazines and websites, or did the vultures who publish such things realize that if they built it, we would come and so created it all themselves?  I'm voting for the latter.  And I think it's all OJ Simpson's fault.  I swear, it's just exploded to Biblical proportions since that whole fiasco.  I used to marvel at the sheer number of otherwise educated, intelligent people who had to rush home at lunch hour to watch "the OJ trial" live on TV.  I never watched a second of it.  And I don't buy those magazines.  Like oilgun, I will admit to perusing them at the gym when I'm riding the stationary bike or doing the elliptical trainer, but it's only because they're there already and they're free.  I SWEAR.  :)

Oh, and nice non-intrusive Heath photos, by the way, Leslie.  That one in the green sweater has always been my favorite.  I could look at that all day, and probably just about have...
No more beans!