Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3790778 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2250 on: August 01, 2007, 08:09:47 am »
It’s a strange-sounding voice, but I think it’s Ledger’s. Listen closely when he says “...of my word.” The deep voice...the timbre in “word”--it’s similar to Ennis’s “Once burned.”

I felt like I could detect Heath in there somewhere too---but I think what gave it away to me that it was the Joker was the maniacal chuckle!  :o
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

yb

« Reply #2251 on: August 01, 2007, 08:16:06 am »
It’s a strange-sounding voice, but I think it’s Ledger’s. Listen closely when he says “...of my word.” The deep voice...the timbre in “word”--it’s similar to Ennis’s “Once burned.”

I agree, the deep voice of 'of my word' is Heath's, but the previous sentence was difficult to tell though.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2252 on: August 01, 2007, 08:20:32 am »

Yup. I think the "...I'm a man of my word" part is clearly Heath's voice.

I felt like I could detect Heath in there somewhere too---but I think what gave it away to me that it was the Joker was the maniacal chuckle!  :o

You're also right. I don't know the next thing about Batman, the Joker and so on. Never saw a movie, never read a comic. But even I know that the Joker is famous for his evil laugh.

BTW: is "firster" an actual word in English? It's illogical. You can't compare 'first'. But someone in the trailer says "... but you crossed the line firster." Or did I mishear that part?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2253 on: August 01, 2007, 08:27:23 am »
I had to listen again, but I think he said--"you crossed the line first, tho...." The "though" sounds really deep.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2254 on: August 01, 2007, 08:47:35 am »
I had to listen again, but I think he said--"you crossed the line first, tho...." The "though" sounds really deep.

Of course this makes much more sense, so I guess I just misheard it. Thank you  :).

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2255 on: August 01, 2007, 09:53:05 am »
Really, you all hear Heath in that voice?  Hunh.  I will listen some more.  I agree it certainly sounds like it's supposed to be the Joker character...

A repost of the trailer, so people can listen and weigh in on this:  :)

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvvriAhOn_E[/youtube]

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2256 on: August 01, 2007, 09:59:28 am »
If that's Heath, he certainly has had some dialogue coaching to be able to say "man of my word."  I thought his Ennis accent was wonderful, until it came time to say things like "Thought I'd drop the gulls off..."

mvansand76

« Reply #2257 on: August 01, 2007, 10:05:37 am »

It MOST DEFINITELY is Heath! Just listen to the dark rumble of his voice, it's still there...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2258 on: August 01, 2007, 10:10:10 am »
If that's Heath, he certainly has had some dialogue coaching to be able to say "man of my word."  I thought his Ennis accent was wonderful, until it came time to say things like "Thought I'd drop the gulls off..."

Or when he lost it completely with the, "Smokes are in the pocket of my shirt..."

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2259 on: August 01, 2007, 11:12:48 am »
Are we sure the evil voice is all the *same* voice? Aren't there more than one bad guy in this film? (I'm pretty blank on the whole Batman thing).

Because I'd say that the "I'm a man of my word" is definitely Heath, but the "Starting tonight.... " doesn't sound like him. 

And Michael Caine's voice speaking before that is so easy to recognize, isn't it?

I thought his Ennis accent was wonderful, until it came time to say things like "Thought I'd drop the gulls off..."

:) Yep, one big benefit of not being an English native speaker of any kind or nationality. Small slips like that are undetectable to people like me, so we blissfully buy what the film and Heath try to sell in the accent department.

ETA: Picked up the most recent TotalFilm Magazine. There's an interview with Maggie Gyllenhaal, and she talks about her Batman role among other matters, but for some reason the mag decides to focus on *her* and fails to ask her what she thinks about acting with Heath.  ;)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2007, 11:21:02 am by Mikaela »