Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3792174 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2320 on: August 11, 2007, 03:07:50 pm »
I hope he finishes playing the Joker soon, so he can do something about his hair. His hair is so nice normally when it's short, so cute and curly!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2321 on: August 11, 2007, 03:46:23 pm »
I don't know where the photo was taken, but I know its url is:

http://www.heathledgercentral.com/gallery2/albums/Heath_Chicago_8-10-07/filmbuttons007.jpg

So I figured Chicago.  Also they are still currently filming Joker scenes in Chicago, as far as I know.

I don't even know Chicago (where I nominally live) well enough to tell one way or the other, let alone L.A. There was one image in that group with the zany shirt and shades that showed street signs, highway signs and license plates, but I couldn't blow them up enough to decipher them.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2322 on: August 11, 2007, 04:15:22 pm »
Thank you but my banner ist from Lucise, I love all her fanarts!

Sorry, I was any time not here, I've made so many videos, my great hobby recently!  ;D

And my latests was from the movie Casanova, Two Hands, A Knights Tale ( a specialy though to Shasha542 and Susiebell!  ;)), and The patriot, I think I post here the latest from the patriote!

[youtube=425,350]http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl243_MurbI&v3[/youtube]

Hey thanks for posting this.  "Father and Son" is the perfect song to go with the images.  Who is singing? 

I have started to look at your other videos on YouTube too.  They're Heathen Paradise.  :)

Thank you so much.

Offline libertyangel

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • pour toujours...
« Reply #2323 on: August 11, 2007, 06:28:22 pm »
 ;D Yes is Heathensparadise! And Ennis!  ;) Thank you Ellemeno!  ;)

This song "Father And Son" sings Ronan Keating and Cat Stevens.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 06:33:46 pm by libertyangel »

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2324 on: August 13, 2007, 12:15:00 pm »
http://metromix.chicagotribune.com/movies/mmx-mxa0813darkknightaug13,0,5162527.story?coll=mmx-movies_heds

From the Chicago Tribune

A SNEAK PEEK

Wizard World lights up for 'Dark Knight'
By Robert K. Elder
Tribune staff reporter

August 13 2007

Heath Ledger as The Joker in "The Dark Knight," the upcoming Batman movie.

The Joker was serious business over the weekend at Wizard World Chicago, the pop culture and comic book convention that invades Rosemont each summer.

Warner Bros. chose the convention to show the first live footage of Heath Ledger as the Joker and shed a little light on "The Dark Knight," the sequel to "Batman Begins," currently filming in Chicago.

Bags were searched and cell phones checked at the door for a special "secret" panel -- ultimately, the worst-kept secret at the convention, as nearly 1,200 people wearing shirts that read "The Dark Knight, July 2008" packed into a sweltering room Saturday with stars Christian Bale (Batman), Gary Oldman (Commissioner Gordon) and Aaron Eckhart (Harvey Dent/Two-Face).

Though Ledger was conspicuously absent from the panel, screenwriters David Goyer and Jonathan Nolan also joined director Christopher Nolan in a Q&A session.

The director, who spent summers as a child in Chicago with his brother and collaborator, Jonathan, said the three-week location shoot for "Batman Begins" wasn't nearly enough time. "I always wanted to make movies here," he said, then gushed about the city's "spirit" and architecture. Nolan caught a little of both in a raucous, two-minute "Dark Knight" montage. In one opening shot, Batman stands like a gargoyle atop a sweeping cityscape (Chicago, doubling for Gotham City). But the true star was Ledger as the Joker, in smeared white makeup and greasy hair, fighting Batman in a bright, tiled room. In other shots, the Clown Prince of Crime sits menacingly in a prison cell, glaring like Hannibal Lector. Later on, someone takes an ax to the Bat Signal and a fire engine burns on a Chicago street. The footage ends with a first glimpse of Eckhart as Two-Face -- or at least the scarred back of his neck.

When asked about Ledger's less flamboyant, grittier vision of the Joker, Nolan remained cryptic. The Joker was previously played by Cesar Romero on TV and in film by Jack Nicholson in 1989's "Batman."

Reaction during the Q&A and montage was nearly universally euphoric, however. Applause rained down after every answer, as if it were a State of the Union address.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2325 on: August 13, 2007, 12:19:29 pm »
Leslie, thanks for posting this!  Who woulda thunk that I would be eagerly hanging on for some little word about what happened at a comic book convention?  Not me, that's for sure.  :)  Can't wait to see the menacing prison cell glowering we've been reading about.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2326 on: August 13, 2007, 12:20:15 pm »
And Elle, here's a report from someone who was actually there! I dug this up on aintitcool.com

Hey, I've just come from Wizard World Chicago, one of the biggest comic cons in America, something I try and go to every year, but this year was by far the best con experience I've ever had.

Yesterday at a DC comics panel, Editor Dan Didio stepped aside at the end for a special presentation, and Bob Wayne ( I know he has something to do with sales, I don't remember his official title) got up to address some rumors. There was a secret panel the next day, and for the first people to attend the con and get wrist bands, there would be something about a movie, "They may or may not be working on, and they may or may not be filming currently in the city." This went up to crazy cheers.

I got back to the con this morning at 7:00 AM which is two hours before they let weekend pass owners enter, without a weekend pass you don't get in until ten. Longest two hours of my life, and when they let us in, we all lined up inside the main show room. It took us another hour before we were given wrist bands, and a batman t-shirt, with the date of the con, and the bat symbol on the front, with THE DARK KNIGHT IN THEATERS JULY 2008.

At about 3:00 pm, I got BACK in line and waited until six. We had been warned the day before when the panel was announced, that there would be no cameras, cell phones, ipods, or anything else that could be used as a recording device.

Paul Levitz president and publisher of DC comics took the stage to thunderous applause, and introduced David Goyer, Jona Nolan, Gary Oldman, Aaron Eckhart, and Christian Bale, and then Chris Nolan himself! Oldman through Nolan all got standing ovations.

They did Q&A for about 45 mins, which was incredible, but having just left, I haven't let my mind sort it all out yet. Then, they showed the footage. Chris Nolan seemed really nervous about showing footage. He said it was rough and incomplete and uthat he had a hard time showing anyone unfinished product.

Honest to God, I don't know what he was worried about. Any apprehension I had about the Joker's apperance disappeared. He doesn't look like the classic Joker in any way shape or form, and from what I can tell he has visable makeup lines, so I am guessing whatever causes his "Transformation" in this one will be nothing like any other telling of the joker.

It was short, and didn't give away to much, so I'll try and just bring up the highlights.

-- The Joker looks terrifying. There is footage of him in interrogation with a voice over from Gordon, they can't find whatever it is they are looking for on him, "All he had in his pockets was lint, and a knife."

--There are explosions, shots of the batmobile, and what looks like a tube holding the bat costume rising from the floor.

-- There is a shot of the Joker walking down and apparently enflamed city street, laughing and firing what looked like a tommy gun, but really could have been another automatic rifle.

-- Bruce Wayne meets Harvey Dent for the first time,
Dent: "The famous Bruce Wayne, Rachel has told me all about you!"
Wayne: "I hope not."

A lot of quick cuts, the batmobile exploding through a wall of flame, the joker holding Maggie Gyllenhal at knife point, and Batman kicking through the door in the interrogation room from the beginning of the clip, he lifts the Joker over his head and slams him on the table... HARD.

AND THEN...

A coin flips onto a counter next to a glass on a bar, the bartender starts to pour the shot before looking up, his response, "Jesus, Harvey, I thought you were dead!"
A hand picks up the shot, and it is slammed off screen before Aaron Eckhart's voice answers, "Half."

That was it, the crowd went nuts, before con volunteers started running up and down the isles of the pannel with blacklights, and the shirts had in I guess blacklight reactive ink HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA printed all over them. I was in one line or another for about 11 hours today, and it was completely worth it. The trailer and footage were incredibly badass, and I am now looking forward to this movie even more than I was.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #2327 on: August 13, 2007, 12:28:26 pm »
For the truly addicted, here are the words direct from the attendees' mouths and what they thought of The Joker.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oDTjymlagU[/youtube]

« Last Edit: August 13, 2007, 12:35:39 pm by MaineWriter »

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2328 on: August 13, 2007, 12:38:31 pm »
I'm listening to it now, thanks!  Lots and lots about how great Heath is.

I looked for clips on YouTube, but nothing yet.  It sounds like by NOT having Heath there with the other principals at the convention, that that builds the suspense even more.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2329 on: August 13, 2007, 12:57:57 pm »
Thank you Leslie! That was fun, watching and listening to the utter enthusiasm of these die-hard fans. Sure brings back memories. Though I can't pretend to be into the whole Batman thing, except for cheering Heath on of course, I've been way up bubbling enthusiasm fandom creek with a couple of other films. BBM one of them. So I know the feeling, and recognize it when I see it!

Great to hear all the positive comments these people had about the Joker.  :)

Oh, and my film mag of choice, TotalFilm, lists "The 10 coolest films being made right now!" in their most recent issue. With Dark Knight at the top of the list. And further praise for Heath in there as well.  It's all good, so far.   :D