Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3793745 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2920 on: November 11, 2007, 10:53:21 am »
If you keep going to all these movies without me, I'm not going to have a reason to come to Boston to see the movies with you!  :(

Leslie, darling, I'm a slow learner, and I need to see films several times to "get it".  In fact, I went to see "Rendition" again yesterday with my friends here.  I liked it so much better the second time around.

I'd love to see "I'm Not There" with you!   :-*

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2921 on: November 11, 2007, 10:55:12 am »
Thanks for all that great info, Elle.  Paul, I'm so jealous!  You know how to make a weekend in NY count!  8)

Well, I don't get down here that often!  I'm sorry you've been busy and have missed all the goings-on. 

We'll have a great time tomorrow.  Lunch is on me!

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2922 on: November 11, 2007, 11:16:52 am »
I just found this:

IESB Exclusive: Heath Ledger Talks the Joker!   

LEDGER: I really don't know. It's like chalk and cheese. My preparation process for this and my process for the Joker are completely different. I mean, for the Joker I locked myself away in a hotel room for six weeks. I just formulated a voice and a posture and found a real psychology behind the Joker. I really put a lot of work into it. And the experience also on a production scale, by the way, is obviously a completely different shoot. Batman is just such a machine. It's huge and I've never worked on anything that big. And the movie is going to be surprisingly good! It's far exceeded my expectations.

First off: holy crap!

There are some celebrities where I am content to watch them on the TV/big screen, admire their work from afar, and have no real desire to ever know them personally... Then there are those like Heath, where I think it would be amazing to really know them...
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2923 on: November 11, 2007, 11:21:14 am »
I had the same thought watching the video, another tattoo?  I think he sure gives the make-up artists headaches to cover up all his tattoos.

Regarding MTV's interview with Jack Nicholson, it has caused a great debate among the Batman fans in pondering whether Jack was serious or joking.  I myself felt that, if there was only the first question, I would say he was joking, but with all the other questions and his answers, it's hard to think he was not serious. 

I really hope I'll get to see "I'm Not There", but I think I can only wait until DVD comes out.

I think I am in the same boat as you, yb. 

The Jack Nicholson interview is funny, I think.  I didn't take it as a slam against Heath or C. Nolan particularly, but sorta like sour grapes... Which is why it's funny (to me, at least).

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2924 on: November 11, 2007, 11:26:25 am »
**Comes in hummin' Cher's "Heart of Stone":**

...Look at the headlines
Big crowd at the crazy house
Long queue for the joker's shoes....

Seriously, I can't believe Jack Nicholson was in earnest - I think he was pulling their leg throughout. Or otherwise he was in a foul mood for some reason and venting his general spleen that way - or he's lost it. It makes no sense that the Joker from a previous "vision" of the Batman tale should reemerge in this - it would completely break with the style and mood and JN has been around the block more than enough to know that. Even disragarding the whole age thing. Nah. I think he was just annoyed at the interviewer for some reason, and behaving like this as a consequence.

There is a lot of interesting buzz around Heath these days.... that's good.  :)

;D :laugh: ;D :laugh:

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2925 on: November 11, 2007, 11:28:14 am »
I have had a heavenly heathy morning - thanks everyone!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #2926 on: November 11, 2007, 11:33:13 am »
http://latinoreview.com/news/exclusive-heath-ledger-on-playing-the-joker-3297

that is the link where the video worked for me -  I only wish the interview had been longer.  At the top of the article is a black box with the "play" sign (right sided triangle) - I clicked the triangle and the video played.  Only about 1 1/2 minutes.

re: the new tattoo - dragonfly?  set of oars?

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2927 on: November 11, 2007, 01:05:39 pm »
Chrissi, when is I'm not there opening in Germany?

I'm totally bummed because it doesn't open here till spring -08.  :(

I'm *also* bummed because the Latinoreview interview won't play for me, either. It just sets to spinning when I hit the play button, and shows it's loading. And then nada but a spinning wheel  no matter how long I let it spin. Grmp.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2928 on: November 11, 2007, 01:25:04 pm »
I tried to play that, but did not get it. You must click which button, the left one?

Oh, re-seeing the BM movie again last night, I saw that Heath in the BM movie looked different very much so when he washes besides the river and looks up to the mountain where Jack is: he looks like  joker!

Somehow, Heath's face is so very different then: yes, like the joker?? He does not look like Ennis then!

Anyone noticed same way as I did?

Hugs!

Offline oilgun

« Reply #2929 on: November 11, 2007, 01:26:08 pm »
Chrissi, when is I'm not there opening in Germany?

I'm totally bummed because it doesn't open here till spring -08.  :(

I'm *also* bummed because the Latinoreview interview won't play for me, either. It just sets to spinning when I hit the play button, and shows it's loading. And then nada but a spinning wheel  no matter how long I let it spin. Grmp.

The interview won't play for me either!! Same damn spinning wheel into oblivion thing!  >:(