Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3822123 times)

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #2990 on: November 15, 2007, 01:35:49 am »

Thank you for that Meryl...I liked that interview, and thought it very informative..  It is the most
we have seen of Heaths portrayal yet...I am getting very excited to see this movie...

Beautiful mind

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2991 on: November 15, 2007, 03:09:48 am »
Here's a link to the Tribeca Film Festival site that sponsored the sneak preview of "I'm Not There" that Paul saw last weekend.  There's a 6-minute video of Todd Haynes discussing the film, including some clips.  The one of Heath is so like Heath himself that it doesn't seem like it was much of a stretch for him!  ;D

http://www.tribecafilmfestival.org/player-extras.html?bctid=

Ooh, thanks, Meryl.  Todd Haynes looks so tired there.  And Greil Marcus was the interviewer!  I've never seen what he looks like before, but he was one of my rock gurus 30+ years ago, and it's great to see him still going strong.

Heathy....sigh.  :)

[Elle attempts a self-deprecating laugh at herself, but sighs again instead.]

:)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2992 on: November 15, 2007, 06:22:37 am »
AFTER-PARTY STARS HAVE RIGHT SCRUFF

November 15, 2007 -- THEY both starred in the Bob Dylan biopic "I'm Not There," but Michelle Williams was noticeably absent from her ex Heath Ledger's side at the movie's after-party on the deck of the Bowery Hotel Tuesday night. A scruffy-looking Ledger joined an equally rough around the edges Adrian Grenier at the soiree, hosted by Cinema Society and luxe fashion brand Hogan. Model Agyness Deyn held court at the pool table while Julianne Moore, Maggie Rizer, Jason Bateman, Richard Gere, Olivia Palermo and Ang Lee mingled with guests. In order to clear the way for the slew of celebs, hotel staffers had to shuffle guests like Simon Doonan and Amy Hilfiger, who were there celebrating the Adam Moss-hosted launch of New York magazine's latest biannual fashion book, "Look," off the deck.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152007/gossip/pagesix/after_party_stars_have_right_scruff_917886.htm

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2993 on: November 15, 2007, 06:27:21 am »
TRYING TO KEEP UP WITH ALL THE DYLANS

HEATH LEDGER
At the premiere of “I’m Not There” in Chelsea.

November 15, 2007 -- SO, the screening of "I'm Not There," the new movie on the life of Bob Dylan. It's six people including Cate Blanchett playing Bob Dylan . . . listen, don't ask . . .

Richard Gere, one Dylan, explained it to me this way: "I'm sort of Dylan. It's expressionistic. The character I play is not really anything. It's mostly a feeling. The problem was, how to portray a feeling. My job was to find a way to make that specific." Yeah, sure. Now I get it.

Heath Ledger, another Dylan, explained it to me this way: "I play him with all his different attitudes. I portray the differentiation between his personal and professional life." Right, absolutely. Now it's clear.

Producer Christine Vachon explained it to me this way: "Dylan had the ability to change completely. Shed skin like a snake. So this was done differently, using the guise of the different Dylans, because we all have biopic fatigue." Hey, OK for me if it's OK for you.

The screening was at Chelsea West Cinemas, 23rd near Ninth. And to this garden spot of New York, what did they wear?

Gere, navy cashmere. Ledger, sneakers, Sumo-wrestler hair - half ponytail, half bun. Bebe Neuwirth, red pleated plaid skirt: "I bought it in Bermuda in 1984." Eva Amurri, low-cut tighttight sheath. Julianne Moore, amortizing the same St. Laurent black patent strappy 5-inch platform heels she wore at Tom Cruise's party. Model Beth Ostrosky, wall-to-wall diamonds and designers - Dolce & Gabbana here, Versace there, H. Stern everywhere. "But not the jeweler H. Stern, my fiancé, Howard Stern, who bought them." Patricia Clarkson: "I got my earrings on the street for $10, the boots were 20 bucks, but my Hogan bag cost more than the whole outfit." (Hogan sponsored the evening, so for this plug she should at least get a change purse.)

Disappearing into the theater, Heath the Handsome told me: "You're The Post. I shouldn't talk to you. You always trash me. Always say bad things about me." No, no no! Heath must've mixed me up with every other inch of my beloved newspaper. I never trashed him. Never said bad things about him. Never ever. However, there's always time . . .

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11152007/gossip/cindy/trying_to_keep_up_with_all_the_dylans_399878.htm?page=0

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2994 on: November 15, 2007, 06:41:22 am »
From Variety:

Tangled up in 'I'm Not There'
Bob Dylan biopic premieres in New York

By ADDIE MORFOOT

Heath Ledger and director Todd Haynes at the NY premiere of 'I'm Not There.'

Gotham hipsters mingled with Hollywood's elite at Todd Haynes' "I'm Not There" premiere on Tuesday.
At the Bowery Hotel after-party, Haynes said it wasn't that difficult to persuade thesps including Richard Gere, Cate Blanchett, Heath Ledger and Julianne Moore to do the Bob Dylan biopic featuring several incarnations of the musician.

"They must all be a little bit deranged because they just went for it," Haynes joked.

Persuading Dylan to give him the music rights proved to be a bigger challenge.

"Dylan's manager (Jeff Rosen) asked me to write out a one-sheet description of the idea. So I wrote that and sent it off but I really had no expectations he would say yes. Then two months later we got a call. He had called Jeff (who also served as one of pic's producers) and said 'Do you like these guys? All right, let's give them the rights.' That was the only time I heard from him."

As Lauren Bacall chatted and Ledger smoked, pic's producer James Stern explained why he felt confident with the unconventional pic.

"I thought Todd had a way to capture Dylan's essence, which I thought was key. If he had done this like 'Ray' or 'Walk the Line' I think I would have been nervous."

Ang Lee checks out 'I'm Not There.'

http://www.variety.com/vstory/VR1117976027.html?categoryid=38&cs=1

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2995 on: November 15, 2007, 06:47:30 am »
A Heath-related excerpt from a Time Out Chicago interview with Todd Haynes:

Q:  You were playing songs while the cameras were rolling?
A:  Almost all through the movie. The first scene we did with Heath [Ledger] is when he’s in the airplane with the stewardesses, and we played “Simple Twist of Fate”…he would do his gestures to the music.

Full article: http://www.timeout.com/chicago/article/features/24289/multiple-personalities

yb

« Reply #2996 on: November 15, 2007, 06:50:57 am »
So, Ang attended the After-Party of INT.  I hope Ang and Heath will work together again in the future.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2997 on: November 15, 2007, 06:55:26 am »
More clips from "I'm Not There"

Click on "Poets" for the one of Heath.

http://www.iesb.net/index.php?option=com_seyret&Itemid=227&task=videodirectlink&id=148

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2998 on: November 15, 2007, 07:08:22 am »
8 photos of Heath arriving at the premiere.  I couldn't figure out how to download them.  Click on "View Slide Show."  Heath's are the first 8 photos.  Definitely worth it for the true Heathen.

http://www.fashionwiredaily.com/first_word/entertainment/article.weml?id=1575

From Fashion Wire Daily:
Everyone Was There at the "I'm Not There" Premiere
Jenny Peters
November 14th, 2007 @ 1:01 PM - New York

The stars glittered brilliantly on a chilly Tuesday night in New York City to see director Todd Haynes' homage to Bob Dylan's life. Called "I'm Not There," it is a movie with an interesting conceit. In it, six actors – including one female, Cate Blanchett – portray the legendary singer-songwriter at various points in his iconic career. Blanchett was off in Sydney, and fellow Dylans Christian Bale and Ben Whishaw didn't make it either, but the other three who take on the role, Richard Gere, Heath Ledger and Marcus Carl Franklin, joined Haynes and the film's other famous faces at the Chelsea Cinemas for the gala event.

Heath Ledger talked about the film to the press earlier in the week, and explained that a knowledge of Dylan's life and music isn't a necessity to enjoying the flick.

"I don't think you need to be a Dylan genius in order to appreciate it as a story, a film, or the experience of it," Ledger said. "It is a film, it is a movie, and it's not a quiz. There is no Q&A afterwards, as an audience member. Quite frankly I think the less you know, the better off you are going to be. You are not going to be straining yourself, trying to digest every single line of dialogue. You just kind of strap yourself in and enjoy the ride, that kind of thing."

That's just what Julianne Moore, Bruce Greenwood, and Yolanda Moss did; they co-star in the movie and joined a throng of Haynes fans at the premiere. There was Lauren Bacall, Adrian Grenier, Glenn Close, Justin Bateman, Eva Amurri, Bebe Neuwirth, Patricia Clarkson, Richard Belzer and Bart Freundlich.

Dylan's music has had a profound impact over the years, even on 28-year-old Heath Ledger, who wasn't born when Dylan rose to superstardom in the Sixties, but who insisted that age has nothing to do with appreciating the music – or "I'm Not There" either.

"I was definitely a fan of Dylan. I think Dylan was someone who I had scheduled somewhat, in the future, down the line, to become obsessed by. I do get obsessed with people, musicians, and artists," Ledger admitted. "I think that Todd prematurely invited me into this obsession, on this film."

The film-festival favorite opens in limited release on November 21.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2999 on: November 15, 2007, 07:33:03 am »
More photos from the premiere on Just Jared:
http://justjared.buzznet.com/gallery/photos.php?yr=2007&mon=11&evt=ledger-tattoo&pic=heath-ledger-dragonfly-tattoo-01.jpg

Here's one, and it's ching on the new dragonfly tattoo: