Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3795123 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4200 on: February 17, 2008, 07:33:38 am »
I watched No Country for Old Men last night and there was this scene in which Tommy Lee Jones does something with his face and I almost yelled to my boyfriend "That's Ennis, that's soooo Ennis!". I have a feeling Lee Jones might've watched Brokeback for inspiration for his character. He hardly moves his mouth, just like our Ennis!

There's something else that I think is striking, and that's that I can't go to People.com and watch pics of celebrities having fun somewhere, I just can't believe those people are just having fun when the world has come to a stop with the most talented actor among them having departed. It's silly, I know, but it's just how I feel.

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4201 on: February 17, 2008, 12:08:17 pm »
I watched No Country for Old Men last night and there was this scene in which Tommy Lee Jones does something with his face and I almost yelled to my boyfriend "That's Ennis, that's soooo Ennis!". I have a feeling Lee Jones might've watched Brokeback for inspiration for his character. He hardly moves his mouth, just like our Ennis!

There's something else that I think is striking, and that's that I can't go to People.com and watch pics of celebrities having fun somewhere, I just can't believe those people are just having fun when the world has come to a stop with the most talented actor among them having departed. It's silly, I know, but it's just how I feel.

No it,s not silly atall. I know what you mean. It,s almost as if you feel resentfull that other people are out and about smiling, laughing and living life, and you want to shout...."hey, what are you so damn cheerful for"!
I really thought I was starting to do ok, until last night when I watched 10 Things I hate about you, and saw Heath singing. That finished me off completly. Now I,m sitting here feeling really down again. Last night I cried...........again. ffs what is the matter with me? I mean this is crazy isn,t it? I can,t understand why I,m so upset about someone I didn,t even know dying, but I am, really really upset. Can someone wake us up and tell us all that we,ve dreamt it and it didn,t really happen?  :'( :'( :'(

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4202 on: February 17, 2008, 12:26:25 pm »
I saw Brokeback tonight on the big screen  for only the second time ever in a theater with 3 fellow Brokies and about 30 other people, and could not take my eyes off of Heath.  His expressions, the way he uses his mouth and his body to characterize Ennis, were amazing.  This was after watching one of his earliest performances, where glimpses of Heath's Ennis can be seen... it was magnificent.  What a gift to be able to see Brokeback on the big screen again - it blew me away.

Louise, that is great.  I am very happy for you.  Welcome to Heathen land.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BelAir

« Reply #4203 on: February 17, 2008, 12:30:20 pm »
No it,s not silly atall. I know what you mean. It,s almost as if you feel resentfull that other people are out and about smiling, laughing and living life, and you want to shout...."hey, what are you so damn cheerful for"!
I really thought I was starting to do ok, until last night when I watched 10 Things I hate about you, and saw Heath singing. That finished me off completly. Now I,m sitting here feeling really down again. Last night I cried...........again. ffs what is the matter with me? I mean this is crazy isn,t it? I can,t understand why I,m so upset about someone I didn,t even know dying, but I am, really really upset. Can someone wake us up and tell us all that we,ve dreamt it and it didn,t really happen?  :'( :'( :'(

aw, souxi, but in a way, you did know him.  He was important to you (all of us).  It's okay to be upset and frustrated.

You probably knew/know more about him than maybe you know about your coworkers or neighbors.  Just because he didn't know you, doesn't belittle what you felt/feel for him.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

mvansand76

« Reply #4204 on: February 17, 2008, 02:55:10 pm »
Can someone wake us up and tell us all that we,ve dreamt it and it didn,t really happen?  :'( :'( :'(

That it was all a sick joke, or as the Joker says in the trailer "It's all part of the plan..." as in the Dark Knight marketing plan. That's a really silly and crazy thought.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4205 on: February 17, 2008, 03:09:27 pm »
Can someone wake us up and tell us all that we,ve dreamt it and it didn,t really happen?  :'( :'( :'(

Yes, I'm also still waiting for this.  :(

It has sunk in, mostly. But there are still moments when it hits me. When I think about something completely different, and then suddenly, I remember.  :'(

{{{Heathens}}}

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #4206 on: February 17, 2008, 03:19:45 pm »

Yes, I'm also still waiting for this.  :(

It has sunk in, mostly. But there are still moments when it hits me. When I think about something completely different, and then suddenly, I remember.  :'(

{{{Heathens}}}

Exactly! That happens to me too - several times a day. It just suddenly hits you.

I can't watch any celebs having fun either... They should all be mourning and they don't. .. (many do of course, though not publicly I guess..).

It's not even a month ago that he died and yet, everything seems back to normal out there.. 'tis not right!

If only it could be a joke.. Even a very very bad one! Today I had my monthly watercolour-workshop and in one of my small paintings I inscribed 'The Joker'.. It seems that there is so very little we can do about our grief.. 'tis not right!  :'(

j. U. d. E.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 05:47:49 pm by j. U. d. E. »
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #4207 on: February 17, 2008, 05:39:21 pm »
What I haven't been able to get over is just what seems like the unfairness of it all.

I mean, there are surely thousands of great artists out there — talented, sensitive and perceptive souls (we just haven't heard of them). Plenty left over to contribute and fill the void. But it just seems so unfair.

In this society (the USA I mean) what qualities seem to get rewarded the most?  Good business and commercial instincts, beancounting, and "salesmanship" — a backslapping, bullshit-artist exterior.  Heath Ledger was an antithesis of that.  (He was one of the few great artists to reap good financial rewards, but he was definitely an exception in that regard, and the $ didn't seem to change or corrupt him.)

But yeah, I keep coming back to a King Lear quote:  "Why should a dog, a horse, a rat have life, and she no breath at all?"
or:  "Why should car salesmen, corrupt politicians and Fred Phelps have life, and Heath no breath at all?"

:-\

Offline j.U.d.E.

« Reply #4208 on: February 17, 2008, 05:51:07 pm »
But yeah, I keep coming back to a King Lear quote:  "Why should a dog, a horse, a rat have life, and she no breath at all?" or:  "Why should car salesmen, corrupt politicians and Fred Phelps have life, and Heath no breath at all?"

Totally beyond my grasp too!

:-\

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4209 on: February 18, 2008, 03:32:40 am »
Monday morning, another week begins. Here's a Heath pic I hadn't seen before and which is somehow different. I can't fathom how it is different, but I think the almost mustache is part of it.