Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3799499 times)

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4240 on: February 19, 2008, 08:38:18 pm »
why not jude? just curious...
Well, I seem to know and live around people who enjoy the movie now and again, but seem not as much 'affected' by actors/actresses/directors/shows/series as I am (can be). I mean, it's not silly infatuation (though I do like to 'meet' the actors when possible), but respect for what they do and who/what they represent. I'm sure a lot here are in the same situation were you can't share with your friends how much you are a fan, for fear of being looked at strange. I mean, at my age I'm supposed/expected to be serious and not running around chasing authographs, taking part in Brokie meetings or similar. I'm saying this, because I have had a couple of stupid remarks.

Anyway, I put Heath's Joker on the wall because it looks artistic (it's printed black and white but painted the mouth red..) and I have a few other things on the wall in my office. It's not all that bad. People do put pictures/posters on the wall in the office, but I think it would look odd if I'd put up a big picture of Heath, when others have calendars or their children's pictures on the wall. Anyway, it's probably also a bit a kind of protection against stupid questions and especially me having to explain who he is, what recently happened and why he's on my wall. I really don't want to have to reply to stupid questions. My cat is named Brokie and when people ask about the name and I explain its origin, I've had people looking at me weird. Some people don't know about BBM and seemed puzzeled or not interested in the end. And that's frustrating.

It's easier when you talk to someone who you know understands. I have one friend my age who's happy to 'go silly' sometimes, but that's it.

It's so good to have BM and the Brokies!  :-*

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4241 on: February 19, 2008, 08:39:51 pm »

Everytime I see his picture I feel a shockwave all over again that he is not here anymore.  It just shouldn't be.

It comes to me in waves too. You are right, it just shouldn't be!!  >:(

j. U. d. E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4242 on: February 19, 2008, 10:06:59 pm »
This arrived today, 2003 Aussi GQ:  it's a lovely photo of Heath.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4243 on: February 19, 2008, 10:29:52 pm »
Now, 3 different actors will replace Heath Ledger???

Is that so??

Hugs!  We miss you Heath and we remember you fondly!!

Offline trekfan

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Their Love Will Live Forever!
« Reply #4244 on: February 20, 2008, 12:12:35 am »
A friend asked me to post these photos here.  I have been posting Heath photos pretty much everyday since Heath's passing.   in the memorial community over at LJ

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4245 on: February 20, 2008, 12:34:57 am »
Great pics, trekfan. It is hard to look at that gorgeous, vibrant face and charming smile and think that Heath's gone. Unbelievable.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4246 on: February 20, 2008, 03:41:43 am »
Thanks for posting these pics trekfan. Some of them were new to me.

So here's my Good Morning Heathens pic for today. Yesterday I read a story from Vanity Fair about Heath when he was filming A Knight's Tale in Prague. So young, so enthusiastic, so full of energy.

:'(

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
« Reply #4247 on: February 20, 2008, 05:17:09 am »
March 11,2008 Issue of The Advocate

Life is not a dress rehearsal

mvansand76

« Reply #4248 on: February 20, 2008, 05:22:29 am »
Well, I seem to know and live around people who enjoy the movie now and again, but seem not as much 'affected' by actors/actresses/directors/shows/series as I am (can be). I mean, it's not silly infatuation (though I do like to 'meet' the actors when possible), but respect for what they do and who/what they represent. I'm sure a lot here are in the same situation were you can't share with your friends how much you are a fan, for fear of being looked at strange. I mean, at my age I'm supposed/expected to be serious and not running around chasing authographs, taking part in Brokie meetings or similar. I'm saying this, because I have had a couple of stupid remarks.

Anyway, I put Heath's Joker on the wall because it looks artistic (it's printed black and white but painted the mouth red..) and I have a few other things on the wall in my office. It's not all that bad. People do put pictures/posters on the wall in the office, but I think it would look odd if I'd put up a big picture of Heath, when others have calendars or their children's pictures on the wall. Anyway, it's probably also a bit a kind of protection against stupid questions and especially me having to explain who he is, what recently happened and why he's on my wall. I really don't want to have to reply to stupid questions. My cat is named Brokie and when people ask about the name and I explain its origin, I've had people looking at me weird. Some people don't know about BBM and seemed puzzeled or not interested in the end. And that's frustrating.

It's easier when you talk to someone who you know understands. I have one friend my age who's happy to 'go silly' sometimes, but that's it.

It's so good to have BM and the Brokies!  :-*

j. U. d. E.

This all sounds so familiar, Jude.... sooooo familiar!  :-*

mvansand76

« Reply #4249 on: February 20, 2008, 05:25:04 am »

Oh I wouldn't mind reading the article of that Advocate tribute! Does anybody know where to find it online?