Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3795717 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4270 on: February 21, 2008, 08:35:29 pm »
Court, kudos on the montage of this jacket.  He kept it quite a while, I'm guessing it's a Shem.

I bet you're right. I don't know why, but I just love it.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4271 on: February 21, 2008, 09:33:05 pm »
From the Celebrity Baby Blog:

Heath also discussed his and Michelle's baby name choice, saying,

It just seemed right ... There's something kind of ancient about the name. It's got such a weight and beauty to it as well and, I don't know, it just rolled off the tongue

Heath added that the name plays homage to his heritage -- many believe that the Australian national anthem should be "Waltzing Matilda," while Michelle added that it was also inspired by the Roald Dahl novel.

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4272 on: February 21, 2008, 09:34:47 pm »
This one was new to me:

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4273 on: February 21, 2008, 09:41:03 pm »
Ladies and Gentlemen, let me introduce you to the lovely Miss Matilda Rose Ledger....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4274 on: February 21, 2008, 09:46:12 pm »
Oh my God, I love the little baby backpack....(okay, I'll admit, I am losing it here...)

Curious about Matilda's footwear?

Matilda wears Ugg Kid's crochet in orchid ($88), as well as a Patagonia jacket which is no longer available.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4275 on: February 22, 2008, 02:57:40 am »
She's adorable and TALL  :o!!

That backpack is so cute...  I hope they're doing ok.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4276 on: February 22, 2008, 03:03:14 am »
Oh my God, I love the little baby backpack....(okay, I'll admit, I am losing it here...)

OMG. She looks so much like Heath. Those eyes.

Michelle's words:
"I am the mother of the most tender-hearted, high-spirited, beautiful little girl who is the spitting image of her father. All that I can cling to is his presence inside her that reveals itself every day.
His family and I watch Matilda as she whispers to trees, hugs animals, and takes steps two at a time, and we know that he is with us still. She will be brought up in the best memories of him."

You know, it affects me to see the resemblance between Matilda and Heath. How much worse must it be for Michelle? Guess it's a blessing and a burden for her at the moment to see Heath in Matilda.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4277 on: February 22, 2008, 03:39:27 am »
Your right, it must be kind of a burden and a blessing at the same time. It,s spooky how much she looks like Heath. Just imagine what it would be like if she had brown eyes? From what I can see she,s got her mums blue ones. Bless her.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4278 on: February 22, 2008, 06:38:39 am »
I saw Casanova last night. And while I was able to make it through Lords of Dogtown with only a few tears a week or so ago, this wasn't true for Casanova.
I cried on and off throughout the whole movie. And what a charming movie it is, I so wish I had seen it earlier.
And then, the last frame absolutely slayed me. I have cried the last weeks, but yesterday evening I really lost it and sobbed.

Heath as Casanova was so young (it's hard to believe this was filmed after BBM) and so wonderfully vibrant and jaunty. And then to think about reality ...  :'( Guess it was this contrary which got me so much.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4279 on: February 22, 2008, 08:51:29 am »
The New York Times has a long article by "the Bagger" with all his Oscar predictions. You can read it here.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/movies/awardsseason/22osca.html?pagewanted=1&_r=1&hp

I just wanted to excerpt the last few paragraphs for my Heathen friends...

The Broadcast: All Is Subtext

JON STEWART He got through his first year as host in 2006 with élan. Expectations are lower this year because the writers’ strike left less time to prepare. Look for Mr. Stewart to cross the line to good effect a time or two.

REMEMBER THE WRITERS’ STRIKE? Well, the actors’ contract is up in June. Will they make nice from the podium or cock the gun with smiles on their faces?

HEATH LEDGER He should have had a long career, making many laps as a presenter and an honoree. This is his year for all the wrong reasons, and you will be hearing his name recalled in memoriam and sadness.

THE COENS Hollywood loves Joel and Ethan Coen, but can the Coens love it back? Probably not.

THANKS FOR NOTHING How is it that the honorees always seem to find time to acknowledge their dog walker, but never manage to turn attention to the people they shared a category with? A quirk of the acting profession that the Bagger has never figured out is why many actors never take the time to dwell for a few seconds on the amazing performances of their peers.

ALL PARTS EQUAL The main reason the awards can tend toward the dreary is that all categories are equal. Makeup and best picture are treated with the same pomp, and each winner receives the same 45 seconds. Dumb.

PEACE PIPE Warring factions from the writers’ strike will smile and act as if nothing ever came between them. Producers will thank writers, writers will thank producers.

AUTHENTIC MOMENT There will be one somewhere in those three hours, but you have to keep your eyes peeled. Could be a surprise winner losing it à la Halle Berry or some egomaniac hugging himself and his statuette with a little too much ferocity. (Think of James Cameron and “Titanic.”)

BUSH WHACKING Hollywood wants a new director in chief and someone will go there.

ALL THE FIXINGS Because Vanity Fair canceled the after party, the In-N-Out Burger near the Kodak Theater is going to be pretty busy.