Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3793607 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4440 on: March 02, 2008, 08:49:05 am »
I can't wait to see it, it's supposed to come out this week in Holland in two weeks...

Hey, I just found out Brokeback is shown in the little arthouse cinema around the corner from my house this afternoon. The showing is a tribute to Heath! I think I am going, even if it's only to see the movie (maybe for the last time) on the big screen. I will bring tissues though...

:'(

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4441 on: March 02, 2008, 09:06:37 am »
So glad you liked`"I'm not there", Chrissi. I loved it - but as I watched it on the evening of January 21, the feelings kind of got lost in the darkness of the next day.

And oh - Brokeback at the cinema? I'd be there if I could!! I remember the last time I saw it in the cinema, it was down to one showing a day on the smallest screen in Oslo,in its very last week, in June of 2006. I felt so good getting to see it once more in the dark, on the big screen, no interruptions, a few other appreciative movie-goers there with me,  it was a treat. Though I don't know what I'd have felt if doing that now....  :-\

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4442 on: March 02, 2008, 09:23:02 am »
I watched Brokeback yesterday (DVD) in a simulcast after we finished watching The Patriot for the Heath Film Festival. It was the first time I've watched BBM all the way through in a long time and it felt sort of like the first time all over again. It really made me wish I could see it in a theater again.

God, I miss Heath....  :(
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #4443 on: March 02, 2008, 09:49:11 am »
{{{{{Brokies}}}}}

Tell you what, I am even a little nervous going to see it. I am going alone and just hope to God I don't break down entirely. I haven't watched the movie ever since Heath died.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4444 on: March 02, 2008, 02:03:33 pm »
Tell you what, I am even a little nervous going to see it. I am going alone and just hope to God I don't break down entirely. I haven't watched the movie ever since Heath died.

Exactly how I feel. It is played here, too and maybe I'll go and see it.
Tell us how it was for you.

{{{Heathens}}}

mvansand76

« Reply #4445 on: March 02, 2008, 03:23:23 pm »

Exactly how I feel. It is played here, too and maybe I'll go and see it.
Tell us how it was for you.

{{{Heathens}}}

It was a very cathartic experience. I hadn't seen the entire movie in 1.5 years, and I really appreciated the middle part for what it shows: the slow disintegration of Jack and Ennis's lives. It's so different to watch the movie in the cinema than on your laptop or on TV, you are so much more drawn in.

I had tears welling up in my eyes a few times, a.o. at the "Anything Interesting up there in heaven?". But the tears really streamed at the moment at the very end, when Ennis closes the closet door and he's out of the frame, and all you see is those fields through the window.

There were about 10 people and they stayed all the way until the very end of the titles at the end. They were all very silent and I heard them sniffling all the way through the end.

Walked home listening to Nick Drake's Black Eyed Dog on my iPod and then silently singing along to Neil Young's Old Man.

You know, I was struck by something and that was Aguirre talking to Jack and Jack saying "I guess there's nothing I can do about it up here." and Aguirre answering while looking at Ennis up the mountain. "Not unless you can cure pneumonia." and I thought about the reports that Heath might have had walking pneumonia when he died.  :'(

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #4446 on: March 02, 2008, 04:00:22 pm »
I haven't ventured into watching BBM again since my little tribute the Sunday after his passing. It just makes me so sad now. It always did, but it is like I now have a different kind of sad.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4447 on: March 02, 2008, 04:01:17 pm »
Thank you Mel.

There were about 10 people and they stayed all the way until the very end of the titles at the end.

It was the same at my viewing of I'm not there on Friday (the theatre was about 3/4 full though). It was only the second time I experienced everybody staying put through the credits, with the other time being one of my BBM viewings two years ago.

I had tears welling up in my eyes a few times, a.o. at the "Anything Interesting up there in heaven?".

:'( I think some lines/scenes got a whole new and sad dimension now  :'(

{{{Melissa}}}

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #4448 on: March 02, 2008, 04:06:42 pm »
 I,m still waiting for someone to pinch me and tell me we,ve all been having a bad dream. But it aint gonna happen is it.............he,s still gone.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4449 on: March 03, 2008, 03:37:01 am »
I know, it is still hard to accept.  In fact, I think I'm ignoring it more than accepting it.  Can't go around being that sad all the time.

That's a concept I'm definitively familiar with :(. Just trying not to think about it. Works most of the time, but therefore it hits me again and again several times a day like OMG, he's really gone  :'(

Overall, I think it's good concept to deal with. Worked well for me when my father died some years ago. I always tried to picture him being on vacation. I had no problem to not have contact with him for a few weeks and tried not to think about the fact that it's not for a few weeks, but forever.
Ignoring as much as one can, the accepting comes from itself over time.