Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3799911 times)

mvansand76

Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #4570 on: March 20, 2008, 05:36:20 am »
Good morning Chrissi!

:D

I saw I'm Not There last night. I was surprised I didn't cry. I was struck by his beauty in this movie, from the younger Robbie, the innocence, clean-shaven and then to the later Robbie, scruffy and down on his luck as far as his private life goes. I was saddened by the similarities to hos own life, but most of all what shone through was his beautiful performance.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4571 on: March 20, 2008, 11:15:47 am »
I'm so happy for this thread and the images that keep being posted. It's like a little breath of fresh and decent air.  :) Many thanks, to you especially, Chrissi.

Never mind the totally tasteless T-shirts. There are always morons out to defile anything or anyone if it'll earn them a buck.

Offline optom3

« Reply #4572 on: March 20, 2008, 02:42:02 pm »
This is really sick.

Look at some of the t-shirt designs that came up when I typed in brokeback mountain in the online t-shirt store cafepress.com:

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/Brokeback+mountain/-/c_668/fpt______________Da___HP_FD___ah__dS/go_1/pg_5

That is exactly why I stick to this site only.I know I am safe here,among "friends".Some of the posts and such I have read elsewhere,literally sickened me.It still comes as a shock how vicious some folks mind are.It is not just immoral it borders on amoral.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #4573 on: March 20, 2008, 02:46:02 pm »
Good morning Chrissi!

:D

I saw I'm Not There last night. I was surprised I didn't cry. I was struck by his beauty in this movie, from the younger Robbie, the innocence, clean-shaven and then to the later Robbie, scruffy and down on his luck as far as his private life goes. I was saddened by the similarities to hos own life, but most of all what shone through was his beautiful performance.

Good evening Mel  :)
Glad you finally saw it (we are some poor EuroBrokies in regard to when we finally get to see US movies).
Yes, the similarities between Robbie's and Heath's life really hit close to home, didn't they?  :(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #4574 on: March 20, 2008, 02:46:47 pm »
I'm so happy for this thread and the images that keep being posted. It's like a little breath of fresh and decent air.  :) Many thanks, to you especially, Chrissi.

:-* :-* :-*

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #4575 on: March 20, 2008, 05:29:10 pm »
Oh, this was so nice!

Anne Hathaway accepted an HRC Ally Award (I shall have to google exactly what that is) and made a lovely acceptance speech. The woman shows some serious class. (Not that she didn't before)  :) As you may guess, there's a reason I post this clip in this particular thread:

OK, googled HRC. It's short for Human Rights Campaign, and works for gay issues/equality. The award dinner was on the 17. of March, apparently.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #4576 on: March 20, 2008, 08:32:34 pm »
Thank you, Mikaela, that was incredible.  I had no idea about Anne's commitment.  And to honor Heath and Ennis as well!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #4577 on: March 20, 2008, 08:54:47 pm »
Thank you, Mikaela, that was incredible.  I had no idea about Anne's commitment.  And to honor Heath and Ennis as well!

I know, it was great.

I'll admit it, I am a waterworks. It made me cry!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #4578 on: March 20, 2008, 10:22:25 pm »
Oh, this was so nice!

Anne Hathaway accepted an HRC Ally Award (I shall have to google exactly what that is) and made a lovely acceptance speech. The woman shows some serious class. (Not that she didn't before)  :) As you may guess, there's a reason I post this clip in this particular thread:

OK, googled HRC. It's short for Human Rights Campaign, and works for gay issues/equality. The award dinner was on the 17. of March, apparently.

This is great.  HRC is huge - one of the biggest national GLBT rights organizations.  When you see those little square blue bumper stickers with the yellow equal sign... that's HRC.  They're a really impressive group because they've become so powerful... both in terms of private sector influence as well as political influence.  One of the things they're most famous for (on a general awareness level) is they put out a buyer's guide (for all sorts of products in different categories) every year and rate companies based on GLBT friendliness and policies.  I think they usually put it out around the holidays to have the most impact.  I seem to recall that we had a thread about this past year's HRC buyer's guide in the Holiday forum.

Good for Anne! :)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #4579 on: March 21, 2008, 01:24:28 am »
I am frequently amazed by what little things send me into a tearful tailspin. I've been looking at pics of Heath all evening, watched 10Things, read posts about him. But Annie's small tribute to him in the vid just did me in.

Heathen