Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3806329 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #7050 on: January 11, 2009, 10:02:40 pm »
Congrats to you, Heath!!!!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #7051 on: January 11, 2009, 10:03:11 pm »
don´t know what to say. I´m glad he won though.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #7052 on: January 11, 2009, 10:05:34 pm »
Well, Heath just won, and Chris Nolan is accepting.  Very dignified.

Yes, it was....

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7053 on: January 11, 2009, 10:08:57 pm »

It was such a nice, emotional moment.  I feel like I was sort of punched in the gut (in a good way... maybe more like "stabbed in the heart") when they announced his name.  I'm not surprised he won, and I'm not surprised that Nolan accepted either.

It's interesting that Jake presented the clip for Benjamin Button in close proximity (time-wise) to Heath's award.  I think it would have been way too hard for him to make that acceptance.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7054 on: January 11, 2009, 10:13:43 pm »
It was such a nice, emotional moment.  I feel like I was sort of punched in the gut (in a good way... maybe more like "stabbed in the heart") when they announced his name.  I'm not surprised he won, and I'm not surprised that Nolan accepted either.

It's interesting that Jake presented the clip for Benjamin Button in close proximity (time-wise) to Heath's award.  I think it would have been way too hard for him to make that acceptance.

i'm feeling a little like I want to vomit myself.

it just ain't right.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7055 on: January 11, 2009, 10:21:34 pm »
i'm feeling a little like I want to vomit myself.

it just ain't right.

It really is horribly sad.  It's such a tragedy that Heath isn't here to enjoy the award.  :'(

And, I still contend that it's a tragedy that he won this award for the Joker and not for Ennis.  He was nominated for a Globe for Ennis, but didn't win.  At least the Globes gave BBM the best picture award.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #7056 on: January 11, 2009, 10:43:06 pm »
I think it is unsurprising evidence of just how much homophobia controlled the awards season that year.  To my mind, Heath gave the performance of a lifetime in Brokeback, and kept up the same quality in his role as the Joker, and yet they could not acknowledge him due to their own narrow-mindedness.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7057 on: January 11, 2009, 10:50:59 pm »

And, I still contend that it's a tragedy that he won this award for the Joker and not for Ennis.   

Oh yeah. As great as The Joker was, it was nothing against his portrayal of Ennis

There are so many BBM references during this award. Heath, Jake, Anne. It feels almost weird to watch.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7058 on: January 11, 2009, 10:51:35 pm »
I think it is unsurprising evidence of just how much homophobia controlled the awards season that year.  To my mind, Heath gave the performance of a lifetime in Brokeback, and kept up the same quality in his role as the Joker, and yet they could not acknowledge him due to their own narrow-mindedness.

So true.  And they've given him this award not only for Joker, but for all his work, and mostly for Brokeback.  But they (the Oscars mostly, at least the GG's gave BBM the best picture) were too chicken shit to do it for Brokeback and when he was alive.  I'd say this award is mostly for Brokeback, and it's ok now to give it because they're not truly calling it the award for Brokeback.  It's ok as long as we as a society don't call it what it is, when it comes to being gay.  The legacy of homophobia and the story of Brokeback continues....

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7059 on: January 11, 2009, 10:53:02 pm »
I think it is unsurprising evidence of just how much homophobia controlled the awards season that year. 
you bet