Author Topic: Heath Heath Heath  (Read 3849455 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Heath Heath
« Reply #6810 on: November 26, 2008, 12:03:16 pm »
Boy, Heath, what a wonderful one with your boots !

Where are these, I wonder ?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6811 on: November 26, 2008, 12:11:55 pm »
Hey Fabienne and Mikaela *waves*

Thanks for the hug, Mika. Right back atcha, and also to Fabienne

(Fabienne) (Mikaela)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6812 on: November 26, 2008, 02:57:50 pm »
Love you Heath !

Pray that you are happy now !

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #6813 on: November 26, 2008, 10:08:31 pm »
Never too late to acknowlege his talent. EnnisJack is my favorite fictional(ish) character of all time (though I am fond of Mary Poppins)  and Brokeback Mountain my favorite film but Heath is just as worthy of a win for TDK as he was for BbM. Recognition of him for his performance as the Joker should not, IMO, be in any way equated to BbM.
TDK doesn't even exist in the same dimension as BbM for me but Heath was a wonder.

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #6814 on: November 26, 2008, 10:24:48 pm »
Talking of awards, Heath was awarded something called GQ Actor of the Year Award only yesterday. His dad was there to accept on his behalf.  :-\  Further info if you follow the link. 

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,26278,24708144-5013560,00.html

There's a two minute video of his father accepting the award at this link.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6815 on: November 27, 2008, 02:05:09 am »
Good morning Heathens :)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6816 on: November 27, 2008, 02:19:25 am »
Never too late to acknowlege his talent. EnnisJack is my favorite fictional(ish) character of all time (though I am fond of Mary Poppins)  and Brokeback Mountain my favorite film but Heath is just as worthy of a win for TDK as he was for BbM. Recognition of him for his performance as the Joker should not, IMO, be in any way equated to BbM.
TDK doesn't even exist in the same dimension as BbM for me but Heath was a wonder.

You do have a point here. I agree with everything you said, except maybe for the first sentence. I also think his performance as the Joker was oscar-worthy, so logically they should give it to him. It's not that I wouldn't root for him (you betcha I would!).
But my feeling still says too late :-\

Offline optom3

« Reply #6817 on: November 27, 2008, 03:04:10 pm »

You do have a point here. I agree with everything you said, except maybe for the first sentence. I also think his performance as the Joker was oscar-worthy, so logically they should give it to him. It's not that I wouldn't root for him (you betcha I would!).
But my feeling still says too late :-\

I agree with it being too late, for me anyway.There is no doubt his performance in TDK was amazing and Oscar worthy in its own right.
I have read so much about Heath wanting the recognition of his peers.It was one of the things that kept him choosing such diverse and undoubtedly difficult roles.It would have been so good for him to be awarded in his lifetime.
The money and fame were not things that interested him. He wanted recognition, but only for his acting.

My heart aches when I realise he never really got that in his lifetime.

, it would be nice for Matilda to have and realise just how amazing her dady was.

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #6818 on: November 27, 2008, 03:36:34 pm »

I also think his performance as the Joker was oscar-worthy, so logically they should give it to him. It's not that I wouldn't root for him (you betcha I would!).

Well, on that note here's another new For Your Consideration ad - and I guess both you and I can appreciate the picture they chose to go with here, Chrissi....

(Although, in all honesty I suspect this is a mock-up and a joke and not a real FYC ad - given the category they're promoting him in! I'm posting it anyway 'cause the Joker's nurse was the best psycho movie nurse ever!)

( This image gives me an intense need to go seriously brush my teeth! )

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #6819 on: November 27, 2008, 04:26:11 pm »
Well, on that note here's another new For Your Consideration ad - and I guess both you and I can appreciate the picture they chose to go with here, Chrissi....

(Although, in all honesty I suspect this is a mock-up and a joke and not a real FYC ad - given the category they're promoting him in! I'm posting it anyway 'cause the Joker's nurse was the best psycho movie nurse ever!)

( This image gives me an intense need to go seriously brush my teeth! )

Thanks for the pic and the laughs Mikaela. Yup, must be a fake FYC ad. But good.

Yup, best psycho nurse ever. I went googling and found some more Joker-Nurse pics.

Technically, this one doesn't belong on HHH (or does it?), but I like the caption, so here goes: