Author Topic: Hunh? Brokeback Mountain 2: The Sequel ?  (Read 2495 times)

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Hunh? Brokeback Mountain 2: The Sequel ?
« on: October 20, 2007, 09:51:22 pm »
Just ran across this article - could it be true?

Heath for Brokeback Mountain 2?
http://www.okmagazine.com/news/view/2073

Have you ever wondered what happened to Brokeback Mountain's closeted Ennis Del Mar after the heartbreaking loss of his lover Jack Twist? Wonder no more: A sequel is in the works!

Although we won't be seeing his pal Jake Gyllenhaal, 26, Heath Ledger, 28, is currently in negotiations to reprise his role as Ennis. "It will follow the nasty process of being openly gay in 1963 Wyoming, an insider tells OK!. "Ennis will finally come out of the closet."

We hope the Ennis realizes he's in the wrong profession: He could be the cowboy from the Village People. He's got the outfit already, hasn't he?

Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: Hunh? Brokeback Mountain 2: The Sequel ?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2007, 10:16:39 pm »
there is a thread in Chez Tremblay discussing this.  And apparently the rumor has been officially denied by Focus Features, the producers of "Brokeback Mountain."  Which is no surprise to anyone.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Hunh? Brokeback Mountain 2: The Sequel ?
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2007, 11:02:09 pm »
Ah, very good - thanks Louise! I will go ahead and delete the post/topic and go to Chez Tremblay!
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?