Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9351250 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #10820 on: March 29, 2012, 02:52:14 pm »
That's pretty much my situation. But I think mine may be "underpowered" for today's Internet. For example, if I click on a link in a Bettermost post, say, to connect to a Youtube video, mine will usually freeze up. In general, it's slow for dealing with web sites--but I don't know enough to know for sure whether the problem is my "antique" PC or my DSL connection, and I wouldn't be surprised if it were some of both.

In any case, I dread replacing it and having to get all my files and software from the old PC into a new one.

Good luck!  :D

We don't have that issue with the freezing, but today was just bad and I remember thinking, "Oh, this is a 'death knell'."   :laugh:

As for getting the files and software to a new computer, we have an external hard drive as a back up, so I believe that all we need to do is connect that to the new PC, and the files will transfer.

I'm sure they were werewolves.   8)

As long as they weren't zombies!

Make sure to keep garlic in the house to protect yourselves. Werewolves are nasty.

Honey, who are you talking to?  This is an Italian household, we're almost never WITHOUT garlic!   :laugh:

OMG Chuck, I hope you all have the doors locked.

LOL  Whenever we go to bed, the doors and windows are locked!  Because of humans, not werewolves!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #10821 on: March 29, 2012, 02:54:42 pm »
I'm sure they were werewolves.   8)

Make sure to keep garlic in the house to protect yourselves. Werewolves are nasty.

Garlic protects you from vampires. Werewolves just need to be killed with a silver bullet.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10822 on: March 29, 2012, 03:01:40 pm »

Honey, who are you talking to?  This is an Italian household, we're almost never WITHOUT garlic!   :laugh:

Good for you!

And you never got bitten by the werewolves, did you?

See? The garlic really protected you!!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10823 on: March 29, 2012, 03:05:44 pm »
Garlic protects you from vampires. Werewolves just need to be killed with a silver bullet.

Hm..... I wonder whether silver bullets are frequently found in Italian households?

I've never heard of a pasta dish spiced up with silver bullets.   ::)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10824 on: March 30, 2012, 08:23:08 am »
Hello Bettermost friends!

I'm keeping the same pic from yesterday.   LOL

My brother and I decided that we'll go computer shopping tomorrow, and hopefully have a new machine up and running by Saturday night.  The current one ran a little faster today, but there were still issues.  I wouldn't run Photobucket properly, and couldn't find google at all.  LOL    Anytime I tried to go to Google, I got a 404 page not found error.

:o  ::)

If your computer can't find Google, there's a problem!   :laugh:

Other than that, it should be a slow weekend!  Does anyone have good plans?

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10825 on: March 31, 2012, 04:09:18 pm »

We're doing the happy dance here because there is a new computer at my house!  ;D

Here is a pic of the old monster.

Yup, we had the keyboard, tower, big-ass monitor, mouse, speakers and printer.  It was moving very slowly, and certain websites were not working properly.

This is the new computer!   It's a HP Omni 120.  The "tower" is in the monitor, and it was pretty reasonable with the printer and 1 year warrenty and virus protection.

It's moving soooo much faster now, and websites are actually working again!  ;D

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #10826 on: March 31, 2012, 04:13:50 pm »
Congrats on the new computer, Chuck!

Judging by the amount of stuff you do on the forums, it's pretty amazing you did all that on an old and slow computer. Kudos to you!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10827 on: March 31, 2012, 04:39:28 pm »
Thanks darlin'!  I have to say, it's taking a little getting used to, but I'm liking the new comp!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #10828 on: March 31, 2012, 11:38:56 pm »
Wow Chucky, you are gonna have so much fun on that new puter...nice looking machine u got there.

Love the pic of the keyboard smashing into the computer... :laugh: :laugh: how many times have we all felt like doing that at some time.

Do you ever wonder what kind of computers and electronics are gonna be around in say 50yrs time....or what people are going to have to have that hasn't even been thought of yet?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #10829 on: April 01, 2012, 06:33:05 pm »

How is everyone doing this weekend?

Today is Palm Sunday, the day when all the A&P Catholics go to church.  An "A&P Catholic" is someone who goes to church twice a year, once to get ashes, and once to get palms.  LOL

I'm still getting used to the new computer, and I thought I was about to have a disaster.  Apparently my old computer wasn't using Microsoft Word, it was using Microsoft Works.  My new computer doesn't have "Works" on it, so when I tried to open the poems and story on my computer, they weren't working.  I was really worried.

However my friend Kathryn on DCF (I believe she is here as Kitty) gave me a link to a site where they convert files for free.  I was able to get all my poems and the 15 chapters of my story converted to Word, which this computer has.

Whew!

I even went to work today for a few hours!  I have a major project that I need to get done by April 14th, and I keep getting interrupted with other things on the job.  Today with no one around, I got more accomplished in three hours than I did last week.  LOL

Wow Chucky, you are gonna have so much fun on that new puter...nice looking machine u got there.

Love the pic of the keyboard smashing into the computer... :laugh: :laugh: how many times have we all felt like doing that at some time.

Do you ever wonder what kind of computers and electronics are gonna be around in say 50yrs time....or what people are going to have to have that hasn't even been thought of yet?

Hello Sue!  It's soooo good to see you here in my blog!  :-*   Oh yes, there were plenty of times I was soooo ready to smash the computer.  Now with this new machine, I'm very happy.  Things are going smootly!

Ya know Sue, I have wondered about that, I'm really curious about what the technology will be like when I'm 90!   LOL