Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9044293 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11610 on: February 05, 2013, 09:40:11 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

That's what I want to see tonight!  Strike!  Whether or not I actually will see any of my own is the question.  LOL

Work will keep me busy today (ugh) but I'll try to drop in when I can.  ;D

My office ran a Super Bowl pool, and one of the guys who won decided to treat everyone to breakfast, there are fresh bagels, muffins, and all the fixins on the counter just waiting to be picked at.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11611 on: February 06, 2013, 10:13:12 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, that's how I'm feeling today!  LOL

After a late night at bowling and starting a new workout program, I'm beat and sore!   LOL  Oh well, we do what we have to do.

Sorry for the late appearance here today, things were hectic this morning, I had 10 emails waiting for replies for me at 7:00am this morning.  Really?  I get here that early so that I can get caught up on other work!  Not start new work!

:laugh:

One change at the gym, I've started watching "Ellen" instead of the music videos!  She's hysterical, and the time seems to go by faster.  The other day, she had me laughing out loud on my eliptical!

She was showing drawings from the children of viewers, and one woman submitted her daughters drawing of her older sister.  It wasn't an awful drawing, you could tell a child did it.  However, apparently the older sister likes horses, so on the t-shirt the little girl tried to write "I love horses!"

Instead she wrote "I love hoars!"

Ellen starts laughing and says....."I love whores!  That's right, say it loud on a t-shirt.  I love whores!"

:laugh: :laugh:

I was laughing so hard I'm surprised I didn't fall off the machine.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #11612 on: February 06, 2013, 12:14:10 pm »
One change at the gym, I've started watching "Ellen" instead of the music videos!  She's hysterical, and the time seems to go by faster.  The other day, she had me laughing out loud on my eliptical!

She was showing drawings from the children of viewers, and one woman submitted her daughters drawing of her older sister.  It wasn't an awful drawing, you could tell a child did it.  However, apparently the older sister likes horses, so on the t-shirt the little girl tried to write "I love horses!"

Instead she wrote "I love hoars!"

Ellen starts laughing and says....."I love whores!  That's right, say it loud on a t-shirt.  I love whores!"

:laugh: :laugh:

I was laughing so hard I'm surprised I didn't fall off the machine.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11613 on: February 06, 2013, 03:42:32 pm »
love the picture of the man!  I have had days when I felt like that going to work! :laugh: :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11614 on: February 07, 2013, 09:00:13 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Oh boy!  Super-storm Nemo is coming!  I'm not sure what to believe, I've heard conflicting amounts.  One report said we could get anywhere from 6 - 12 inches of snow.  ;D

I love snow!

A “watch” – and not a “warning” – is still in effect for the region as the blizzard continues to develop, said Jim Hayes, a meteorologist with the National Weather Service’s office in Mount Holly.

“We’re still not quite firm on the storm track,” said Hayes this morning. “That’s why we still have a watch and not a warning.”

The storm is slowing down a bit, and the Garden State is still on the very edge of what is proving to be the biggest snowstorm in two years to hit the northeast, Hayes said.

If the current model holds, the snow will start Friday night after the commute. Essex, Union, Hudson and Bergen counties could see from 8 to 12 inches, and high elevations in Sussex County could see a foot of snow into Saturday morning, Hayes said. Monmouth County might get 4 to 6 inches, while Mercer would 2 to 3 inches. Cape May would likely only see rain, the meteorologist added.

http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2013/02/snowstorm_coming_into_clearer.html

I'm in Essex county.   Oh boy!

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

I know!  Funny!!!  I wonder how much of a disturbance I cause at the gym!  I know everyone has headphones/earbuds on, but I still try not to laugh out loud.  Sometimes it can't be helped.

love the picture of the man!  I have had days when I felt like that going to work! :laugh: :laugh:

I liked that pic too, and sometimes it just fits 100% how i'm feeling on some mornings!

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11615 on: February 07, 2013, 09:42:18 am »
Hey Chuckie, why is it called "Nemo"?

I know you're excited about snow, but Boston is now expecting up to 2 feet of snow and 60mph winds. 

I'm not excited.  *cue Grumpy Cat*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11616 on: February 07, 2013, 09:45:01 am »
Hey Chuckie, why is it called "Nemo"?

For some reason, they are now naming winter storms like the do hurricanes, but I'm not sure how they pick the names.

I know you're excited about snow, but Boston is now expecting up to 2 feet of snow and 60mph winds. 

Damn!  Stay safe over there!    :-*

I'm not excited.  *cue Grumpy Cat*

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11617 on: February 08, 2013, 09:02:46 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

I kept yesterday's pic because it's so fitting for today.

Yesterday's "Storm Watch" was upgraded to a "Snow Warning" and "Blizzard Watch" last night.  As of 7:30 am (30 minutes ago) snow was falling here in NJ, and we received word via email that our offices/branches would be closing at 3:00 today instead of the ususal 5:00 or later.

I assume this will mean a weekend spent indoors, aside from going out to shovel.

:laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11618 on: February 11, 2013, 08:55:48 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

If I thought that would really work, I'd try it in a heart beat!   :laugh:

I shouldn't complain, I have the next two Mondays off.  The 18th is President's Day, and then the 25th I took off work for the Oscars.  I'll be at an Oscar party that night, and will be up very very late.

This week is a busy week at my house.  Tomorrow is my brother Chris' birthday, the day after is my parent's wedding anniversary, and then we have Valentine's Day.

I found a pic of a cowboy that I wanted to use for a Valentine, so I food around with it on "paint" and while it's not perfect, it will be a good homemade valentine to give to the women here at work.

I'll post the pic here as well on Thursday.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #11619 on: February 11, 2013, 10:39:41 am »
You are so sweet Chuck giving he girls a valentine.. they must love you at your office!

and lol at Nemo.. I have an image of a fishy flipping about in the snow!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/