Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8931929 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #7970 on: May 05, 2010, 10:45:22 am »

Hiya BetterMost friends!!!!

Happy Hump Day to you all!

No new weight gone, but I've not gained any, so that's good!

I expected the weight loss to slow down, that happens on the TV show as well, when the diet starts to include more calories.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline dejavu

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #7971 on: May 05, 2010, 01:54:04 pm »
Happy Wednesday, Chuck!

Hope you feeling fine today.   ;D
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7972 on: May 05, 2010, 06:42:01 pm »

Happy Hump Day to you all!

No new weight gone, but I've not gained any, so that's good!

I expected the weight loss to slow down, that happens on the TV show as well, when the diet starts to include more calories.

It starts to include more calories  ???  Sounds like a strange diet.

Hey, Chuck, it's ok to not lose more weight. Some people are just born to be cute and cuddly.  ;)

Offline dejavu

« Reply #7973 on: May 05, 2010, 09:16:59 pm »

It starts to include more calories  ???  Sounds like a strange diet.

He needs a few more calories, he was eating lettuce for 9 days.   :o
Jack's from Texas.

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #7974 on: May 05, 2010, 11:03:04 pm »
I'm not quite understanding the logistics of this diet, Chuck.  Perhaps you explained it a few threads back, I don't know.  Pretty much all of us, including myself, could stand to lose some weight as we age.  But I loved you just the way you were -- strong and handsome and adorable.  What's the impetus behind this, I'm wondering?
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7975 on: May 06, 2010, 06:23:51 am »

How is everyone today?  Hope you all are well!

Lost another pound, down 12 pounds now.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7976 on: May 06, 2010, 06:39:45 am »
I'm not quite understanding the logistics of this diet, Chuck.  Perhaps you explained it a few threads back, I don't know.  Pretty much all of us, including myself, could stand to lose some weight as we age.  But I loved you just the way you were -- strong and handsome and adorable.  What's the impetus behind this, I'm wondering?

Hiya Mandy.

The diet works like this.  For the first nine days, I can have all the vegetables and fruit I want.  2 cups of brown rice a day.  A cup of oatmeal a day.  4 egg whites a day.  6 oz of yogurt a day.  All the spring water I want.  Exercise 5 days a week, 30 minutes a day.  It's a "detox" period to clean the body of the junk taken in.

Phase two is for 3 weeks.  The menu is expanded to include unsweetened cereal, 4 oz of meat, 3 oz of seafood a day.  Two cans of diet soda a day.  Work outs should now be 35 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Phase three is for 4 weeks.  The menu is expanded again to include cheese, whole wheat/multi-grain bread, whole wheat pasta, some desserts like cookies and a serving a chips.  Work outs are now 45 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Phase four is for life.  The menu expands a final time to include pizza once a week, small serving of french fries, and other foods.  Work outs should now be 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week.

Why am I doing this?  First, thanks for the compliments about me being strong and handsome and adorable.  Good to hear!  ;D  However, my family has obese members in it on both sides, and on both sides of my family, family members have had both legs amputated at the knees due to diabetes.

For my height, my weight should be max 165 pounds.  After talking to my doctor, he suggested I aim for 185 pounds due to my age of 41.  When I was in Florida, my weight was almost 234 pounds.  That meant I was (using 165 pounds as the ending point) 69 pounds overweight, technically obese.

I am not getting any younger, and the older I get, the harder it will be to take this weight off.  So that's why I'm doing this now.

Before I went to Georgia in March, I made an appointment with my doctor, and my cholesterol and sugar levels are all within acceptable ranges.  The one thing that is out of whack is the weight.

Time to fix it.

;D

Offline underdown

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • aka... Rob
« Reply #7977 on: May 06, 2010, 08:39:22 am »
That sounds like a lot of carbohydrates (worse than fats).
But also lots and lots of exercise, which should burn all the calories you could ever eat.
If nothing else, you'll have great muscles.  ;D

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #7978 on: May 06, 2010, 09:39:31 am »
Heya Chucky, thanks for explaining your regime, cause I'm kinda looking for a plan for myself as well, but you most definitely lost me at the "pizza once a week" phase.

That just wouldn't do for me, I'm afraid.  Quite sure I would wither away and die without my daily pizza fix.   :laugh:

I do think it's wonderful and admirable that you're taking your HEALTH (not just your weight) so seriously and conscientiously.  Will make you even MORE strong and adorable for the next time I meet up with ya!
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline dejavu

« Reply #7979 on: May 06, 2010, 11:57:20 am »
Some thoughts on that diet.  I believe that everything listed there are "choices."  So Rob, you wouldn't have to eat all those carbs (whole wheat bread, whole wheat pasta, cookies, chips) but they are the sort of things you could now choose from when you get to Phase 3 (in addition to eating from the base of foods that were allowed in Phases 1 and 2).

In Phase 4, you can add the French fries (not sure how often) if you want to, but you don't have to.  As for pizza, it's a limitation to live within.  You don't have to eat pizza if you don't want to, but if you do, the diet is establishing a once a week limit.

I would have trouble with some of this, too, and probably won't take up this diet plan, but I have to greatly admire Chuck for getting through the hardest part, Phase 1, and having such good results to show for it already.
Jack's from Texas.