Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9051399 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #8280 on: August 01, 2010, 10:16:55 am »
Morning Brokies.

Yes, I did get to sleep last night.

Grief and Tylenol PM works wonders.

After spending the day by the computer and emotional eating yesterday, it's time to start adapting to my new "normal" and push myself back into routine.

Rich would be pissed beyond belief if I gave up now.

So I'm here for the moment, and on DCF, takin' care of stuff, and then it's time to  work out.

I did the emotional eating yesterday to Chuck.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8281 on: August 01, 2010, 10:40:45 am »
I couldn't eat at all yesterday.  All I wanted to do was sleep, and escape to a world of dreams where horrible things like this don't exist.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #8282 on: August 01, 2010, 12:34:50 pm »
Hi Chuck, I want to offer my thanks and condolences too.  I hope there is a way that those of you who were close to Rich can get together soon. 

Offline dejavu

« Reply #8283 on: August 01, 2010, 12:49:25 pm »
It's good to see you so determined to carry on with the "new normal," Chuck.

You're right, Rich wouldn't want you to give up now.
Jack's from Texas.
Texans don't drink coffee?

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #8284 on: August 02, 2010, 06:51:41 am »
Hello friends.

No angel today.  He'll be back when I feel the time is right, especially since Rich liked him.  I remember there were a few days I posted a dancing devil, and Rich made a comment that the angel needed to come back.

:laugh:

grief and Tylenol PM worked their magic again last night, and I slept pretty well.  I have my cell in my room now, in case Gene should call and need to talk.  A text woke me up at about 11:00 or so, it was Matthew, just checking in on me.  I answered him, and rolled over and went back to bed.

My first official duty this morning at work will be to send an email to all my coworkers about Rich.  When Rich was here in Feb., I took him and Matt to my job, and they met a few of my coworkers.  Also, all my Brokie pics are still down (a blessing at this time) and I know there will be questions about when they're going back up.

I plan to tell my coworkers the whole story, and let them know to give me space this week.  If they come to me to offer condolenses, I'll break down then and there.  I plan to tell them to keep it business related conversation, or at the very least, no Brokie talk.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8285 on: August 02, 2010, 07:04:40 am »
(((Chuck)))
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #8286 on: August 02, 2010, 07:27:58 am »
Chuck, I wish you strength to get through this day.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8287 on: August 02, 2010, 10:35:57 am »
Thanks Chrissi and Kelda.

I'm making a point of avoiding the "Mourning" thread right now.  I don't have a problem visiting it at home, but while I'm at work, I have to stay away.  I can't be sitting in my cube crying my eyes out.

I have to say, the straight guys at work have come up with an interesting show of support.  I sent out the email this morning telling my coworkers what happened, included the pic of me and Rich that is in the "Mourning" thread, and asking people to not give any condolenses to me, as it would be too much right now.

So far, 3 or 4 of them have come by my cube, given me a knowing look, and a quick, light punch to the shoulder, and simply walked away.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline optom3

« Reply #8288 on: August 02, 2010, 01:05:52 pm »
I am going to send you, strength, love hugs and healing.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8289 on: August 03, 2010, 12:20:48 pm »
Hello friends.

I'm just checking in to let ya know I'm here and ok.

Have a headache that's been here most of the morning, I took some meds that should help.  Today has been easier than yesterday, and I had phone calls last night with Truman, Paul and Matthew.

One of the conversations discussed how would we get through Saturday.  The reply:

"We will, and we'll do Rich proud."

My reply:

"Yeah, and I'll be a mess.....and Rich will look down and say "Well, there's Chuck being a drama queen.....again!"

Can you tell I use humor to cope?