Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9049457 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #2980 on: June 09, 2008, 03:23:29 pm »
when you over in the UK now Chuck? And when you seeing Madonna?

I'll be over to the UK on Wednesday June 18th, and then seeing Madonna on Oct. 7th.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2981 on: June 10, 2008, 09:26:06 am »

Happy Tuesday, BetterMost!!!!

I'm dealing with my "bye brokie blues" today.  For those who have been to a gathering, y'all know what I mean. 

Thankfully, there wasn't too much drama at work while I was away, and my cubicle stayed neat.

;D

Now that I'm back and kinda caught up ( :laugh:) I should be posting again in everyone's blogs soon!

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #2982 on: June 10, 2008, 07:18:03 pm »
Chuck, thank kew for all the pictures you took on the Wyoming trip, they are wonderful. Some of the places I had been to before and to see them after a couple of years is wonderful too. I wish I could have gone. To experence that vast emptiness with friends close to my heart, to breath the clean air, to see the flower that might have only that day.

BTW, did you get me some sage?  ;)
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2983 on: June 10, 2008, 07:27:07 pm »

I'm dealing with my "bye brokie blues" today. 

I second that!  :(

And Tru, I too wish you had been able to come on the trip.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2984 on: June 11, 2008, 09:27:25 am »

Happy Humpday, BetterMost!!!!

Lemme tell ya about my night last night.

Got home at 6pm and had dinner.  Just as I finished, the power cut out.  Due to the extreme heat (95 degrees) the entire town (and some nearby towns) lost power.  It was restored by 8pm, only to go back out 15 minutes later, when a severe storm passed through the area.

We were hit with 60mph wind gusts, hail, horrendous thunder and lightning.  Three houses in my area were struck by lightning.  The top of our chimney blew off, and landed in the driveway.  If my car had been pulled up 2 feet further, I would've had a smashed windshield on my car.  A large number of downed trees and poles.  We still don't have power at my house.

fun fun fun!

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2985 on: June 11, 2008, 09:33:15 am »
Great day that is alful, I bet the chimney falling sounded alful. Man, you all sound like a federal diaster area.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I swear.............
« Reply #2986 on: June 11, 2008, 09:36:06 am »
Happy Humpday, BetterMost!!!!

Lemme tell ya about my night last night.

Got home at 6pm and had dinner.  Just as I finished, the power cut out.  Due to the extreme heat (95 degrees) the entire town (and some nearby towns) lost power.  It was restored by 8pm, only to go back out 15 minutes later, when a severe storm passed through the area.

We were hit with 60mph wind gusts, hail, horrendous thunder and lightning.  Three houses in my area were struck by lightning.  The top of our chimney blew off, and landed in the driveway.  If my car had been pulled up 2 feet further, I would've had a smashed windshield on my car.  A large number of downed trees and poles.  We still don't have power at my house.

fun fun fun!
Wow! Ya'll sound like we did in early may!
I know that can be scary. Glad you are ok and y'all didn't get it any worse than you did. I bets the heat is terrible without the airconditioning.
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2987 on: June 11, 2008, 09:47:55 am »
Doing property managenment, there is always one or two weeks at the beginging of the summer when everyones air unit goes bad, needs servicing, or just dies. This has been the past week at the office. I report it to the technitian, he adds it to his lists, says he'll try to get to it in 48 hours and the tenants call every hours wanting to know where he is.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #2988 on: June 11, 2008, 10:16:15 am »
I'm glad you're OK, Chuck. 

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2989 on: June 11, 2008, 10:30:00 am »
Hiya Paul!

it was pretty freaky for a while......the new kitten was scared shitless!   :laugh: