Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8994216 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #11310 on: October 06, 2012, 08:52:53 am »
Chuck, you are so adorable.  ;D  Can't wait to see the pics of your finished Halloween cube.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #11311 on: October 07, 2012, 05:58:40 pm »

Hiya BetterMost friends.

It's cool, damp and rainy here in NJ, the perfect day for some hot chocolate.  I think I'll make myself a mug of it tonight.

;D

So far it's been a busy weekend!  Went out on Saturday with friends from the bowling league.  We went shopping/antiquing, and then had a nice dinner together, got home about 8:30 or so.

I got three new pairs of jeans, some key lime fudge, a jar of homemade blackberry jam, and a jar of homemade "blended honey".....pure honey blended with fresh blueberries.

Today I decorated the front of the house for Halloween.

;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline ZK

« Reply #11312 on: October 08, 2012, 07:33:54 am »
What difference does it make if banks are open or closed?
I never go in one now.   I had to go to a bank and establish accounts when I moved to NZ but have not been in the door for over 2 years.  I do all my banking (and I have cheque, credit and debit cards and savings in 2 different countries) here on my computer.  I go to the ATM about every 3 weeks. I rarely use my card if the amount is below $20 but see many people using their cards for just a few dollars. A friend who collects on street corners for charities says it is becoming difficult now as people do not have coins to drop in her box. She joked she needs a card machine to wear around her neck.

I am with you Brian, its rare thing for me to go to the bank, everything done is online, I used to use telephone banking but haven't done that for years now. As for the collector for charity - yup I can imagine she has problems getting any change, a mobile eftpos machine around the neck is the answer for sure. Hope you are warm down South? Winter hasn't let us go just yet. Its bucketing down outside but the humidity is 92% - wipes brow

Offline ZK

« Reply #11313 on: October 08, 2012, 07:34:35 am »
Chuck, you are so adorable.  ;D  Can't wait to see the pics of your finished Halloween cube.

Yup, waiting for the pics!!!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11314 on: October 08, 2012, 01:10:52 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

Oh, a day off to sleep in is always good!  Managed to get some work done, need to get some cleaning done, and then some other work too.

My new T-shirt arrived today!

;D

"Don't make me clutch my pearls!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I am with you Brian, its rare thing for me to go to the bank, everything done is online, I used to use telephone banking but haven't done that for years now. As for the collector for charity - yup I can imagine she has problems getting any change, a mobile eftpos machine around the neck is the answer for sure. Hope you are warm down South? Winter hasn't let us go just yet. Its bucketing down outside but the humidity is 92% - wipes brow

Winter hasn't let you go yet, and for us, it's getting ready to arrive.  It's been getting much colder during the days here, and the nights as well.

Yup, waiting for the pics!!!

I'll be taking pics tomorrow at work.  I'll be at work earlier in the morning, and I'll decorate and snap some pics before others arrive.  ;D

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
« Reply #11315 on: October 08, 2012, 01:52:42 pm »

Ha! Love it!

Offline brianr

« Reply #11316 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:15 pm »
Hope you are warm down South? Winter hasn't let us go just yet. Its bucketing down outside but the humidity is 92% - wipes brow
Yes, Matt,  raining down here, we had snow on Saturday but it did not settle. I do not get as excited as last year but I still love watching it fall. Am expecting a call soon to say our hike for today has been cancelled. However I was not going anyway as I have a ticket to the Vienna Boys Choir tonight and do not want to fall asleep. Then tomorrow night I am going to "Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat". Dress rehearsal for next April when I have tickets for 3 operas in a row over 3 nights in Vienna.
Daylight saving started here just over a week ago.

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #11317 on: October 08, 2012, 02:16:50 pm »
The t-shirt is hilarious, Chuck!  Love it!   :laugh: :laugh:

Is the pic taken in the cellar where you normally dwellar?

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11318 on: October 08, 2012, 03:23:58 pm »
Ha! Love it!

The t-shirt is hilarious, Chuck!  Love it!   :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks!   ;D

Is the pic taken in the cellar where you normally dwellar?

Why....yes.....yes it is.  ;D

Yes, Matt,  raining down here, we had snow on Saturday but it did not settle. I do not get as excited as last year but I still love watching it fall. Am expecting a call soon to say our hike for today has been cancelled. However I was not going anyway as I have a ticket to the Vienna Boys Choir tonight and do not want to fall asleep. Then tomorrow night I am going to "Joseph and the amazing technicolour dreamcoat". Dress rehearsal for next April when I have tickets for 3 operas in a row over 3 nights in Vienna.    Daylight saving started here just over a week ago.

Sounds great, Brian!  And your post made me laugh, allow me to explain.

Years ago comedian Eddie Murphy used to have a bit/song that he did called "Boogie In Your Butt".....it was basically making fun of the lyrics in disco music.  Putting the "boogie in your butt" means making it move to the beat.....Eddie made the lyric literal, and started listing things to put in your butt. 

"Put an alligator in your butt....put a radiator in your butt...put a light in your butt....make it bright in your butt."

:laugh:

Anyway, one night I was hanging out with friends, and someone mentioned this song, and we started to ad-lib lyrics, seeing who could come up with the most ridiculous thin to put in the butt.  There were two exchanges that made people laugh out loud, both me and my friend Corrine were the creators.

Cor:  Put Robert Stack in your butt.
Me:  Robtera Flack in your butt.

Cor:  Put a live wire, in your butt.
Me:  Vienna Boys Choir, in your butt!

:laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #11319 on: October 09, 2012, 07:54:00 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Rains and grey skies continue here in NJ!  Not sure when it will let up, as I haven't paid any attention to the news.

Hope that you all had a great weekend, and that everyone is well!

The Halloween decorations are up in my cube, and as promised, here are pictures.