Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 9081834 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #12990 on: May 07, 2014, 12:51:41 pm »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

How is everyone today?

As usual, my ass is dragging on this Wednesday morning, but there are only a few more weeks until the end of the season (May 20th is the last bowling night).  Then I'll be able to go to bed at a normal hour on Tuesday nights, at least until September.

:laugh:

Will be getting together with family on Saturday, for Mother's Day and my mom's birthday (which is the following week).

Anyone else doing anything fun this weekend?

Having more advanced training classes on Saturday. Yay, I like them! Only stupid thing is you can't sleep in on a Saturday. :-\
The classes end at 1pm and at 2:30pm I have to be at a confirmation celebration in yet a different town. They are pretty exactly 1.5 hours apart, so it's gonna be tight fit and I'll have to go to my classes all dressed up in my confirmation outfit! :laugh:

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #12991 on: May 08, 2014, 08:10:10 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Greetings from rainy NJ!  Bleh.  It's supposed to be this way tomorrow too.  Oh well.

On the plus side, a few people will be out of the office tomorrow, so it may be a nice, quiet day.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12992 on: May 08, 2014, 08:23:45 am »
Maybe. But they'd be dead wrong!
Buying them boxed costs more money, but collecting them one by one and hunting them down on ebay costs more dedication. Besides, they're meant for showing on the shelf, without boxes!

;D  You're right!  I have to say, I do like the way they look out of the boxes.

Having more advanced training classes on Saturday. Yay, I like them! Only stupid thing is you can't sleep in on a Saturday. :-\
The classes end at 1pm and at 2:30pm I have to be at a confirmation celebration in yet a different town. They are pretty exactly 1.5 hours apart, so it's gonna be tight fit and I'll have to go to my classes all dressed up in my confirmation outfit! :laugh:

Oh, I hope the outfit is comfortable, and doesn't wrinkle easily!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12993 on: May 08, 2014, 09:05:59 am »
Bleh.

Bleh, indeed.  :(  But I hear it's supposed to be quite summery for the weekend, or at least for Mother's Day.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12994 on: May 09, 2014, 08:00:21 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yup, it's the same as yesterday.  Oh well, it is Friday!  ;D

No one is around today.  My immediate supervisor is away today, one of the people I assist is out, the big boss will be in a different location today, as are two other of the people I assist. 

I'm hoping it's a quiet Friday!  ;D

After work I'm driving to the local mall to get my mom her Mother's Day present.  She decided she wants a new crock pot.  The one she has she's had since I was a kid, so I'm guessing it's 30 years old.  LOL  My brother Chris and I are splitting the cost of one, so we should be able to get a decent one for her.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12995 on: May 09, 2014, 08:00:55 am »
Bleh, indeed.  :(  But I hear it's supposed to be quite summery for the weekend, or at least for Mother's Day.  :)

I heard that as well, we'll see if the weather forecasters are correct.

Offline bentgyro

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #12996 on: May 09, 2014, 03:13:45 pm »
We love weather forecasters when they predict rain and it's sunny instead......and hate them when they say it will be sunny and it rains! :D
Just had a call from one of my fisher customers from their boat and he ordered some paint, when I asked him his name he said he was called asshole, I said I knew quite a few of those so he would have to be more specific.  Made him laugh and I did get the right name! ;)

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12997 on: May 09, 2014, 03:27:32 pm »
Just had a call from one of my fisher customers from their boat and he ordered some paint, when I asked him his name he said he was called asshole, I said I knew quite a few of those so he would have to be more specific. 

best comeback ever!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #12998 on: May 12, 2014, 08:18:39 am »
Hiya BetterMost friends.

Yeah, I daydream at work!  Who doesn't?  I'm a combination of #1 and #2.  I'm a male who daydreams about going away someplace.  Contrary to popular belief, I DON'T dream about being a super hero.  LOL

Weekend was a good one.  I gave the apartment a quick cleaning on Saturday morning, and then in afternoon did my laundry and spent the rest of the day and night with my family to celebrate Mother's Day instead of on Sunday.

Because everything was done on Saturday, Sunday was a free day and I lazed around and did nothing.  ;D

Just 11 more days until Memorial Day weekend, and the "unofficial start" of summer.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12999 on: May 12, 2014, 09:20:24 am »
At 2:30pm I have to be at a confirmation celebration in yet a different town. They are pretty exactly 1.5 hours apart, so it's gonna be tight fit and I'll have to go to my classes all dressed up in my confirmation outfit! :laugh:

At least some of the big "mainline" Protestant denominations in the U.S. seem to have lost the Big Deal that Confirmation used to be. They kind of don't know what to do with it, since it got separated from First Communion. They don't seem to want to do away with it entirely--I guess because it's tradition--but they really don't seem to know what to do with it. In the interest of theological correctness Confirmation seems to have lost the value it once had as Life Passage.

Anyway, I hope it was a nice party, with cake and all.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.