Author Topic: ABCs at the Movies: The Doubles Round!  (Read 2593021 times)

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
Re: ABCs at the Movies: The Remarkable Kiss Round!
« Reply #5180 on: October 17, 2008, 09:20:01 pm »
No more politics!

It's time for a kissing round!

Please post an unplayed film that features a remarkable kiss!

No, not that kind of Kiss--this kind:

Or this:

Or this:

But maybe not this:

This neither:

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
"A" is Army of Darkness (1992)
« Reply #5181 on: October 18, 2008, 10:15:09 am »

From IMDb:  In the third film of "The Evil Dead" series, our gun-toting, chainsaw-handed hero, Ash, has been transported to the 13th century where he has been prophesied as the one who will find the Necronomicon, the Book of the Dead, and deliver the people from the terrors of the Deadites, who quest for the book, too. But he is mistaken as a spy from a rival kingdom and forced to fight two Deadites before the people find out what he is here for. He also falls for a woman named Sheila before he searches for the book. But after finding it, he says the wrong words that will allow the wise men to use the book to send him back and stop the Deadites and accidentally awakens the Army of the Dead, led by his clone, Evil Ash. Now, Ash must use his 20th century wits and skills to beat Evil Ash and his army of skeletons.

From www.filmsite.orgAfter time-traveler Ash Williams (Bruce Campbell) had returned to S-Mart and finished relating his incredible tale about his adventures in Medieval England to a bored co-worker (Ted Raimi), a sexy S-Mart worker (Angela Featherstone) told him that she enjoyed his story; suddenly, a She-Demon (Patricia Tallman) attacked Ash ("I'll swallow your soul!"), and he dispatched her with a shotgun ("Come get some!"); after the She-Demon was killed and the girl embraced him, Ash mused in voiceover: "Sure, I could have stayed in the past. I could have even been king. But in my own way, I am king." He then told the girl: "Hail to the king, baby!" and kissed her passionately.

=aside= Paul
Great theme!
 :-*
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 05:39:50 pm by Fran »

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"B" is Bounce (2000)
« Reply #5182 on: October 18, 2008, 12:06:18 pm »

IMDB: BOUNCE, in my opinion, is a heart-warming, hilarious, romantic, and touching romance. If you ask me, the way that Buddy (Ben Affleck) and Abby (Gwyneht Paltrow) met was pure magic. This was because fate intervened. Plus, it was love at first sight. Some people have said that this is one of the worst movies they've ever seen, but I strongly disagree. This is a great movie with terrific performances from very talented actors and actresses. Before I wrap this up, I'd like to say, "This is a perfect movie to see with the one you love!" Now, in conclusion, to all you Ben Affleck or Gwyneth Paltrow fans that have not seen this heart-warming, hilarious, romantic, and touching romantic drama, I highly recommend it! When you see it, prepare to laugh and have a good time.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"C" is Coming Out (1989)
« Reply #5183 on: October 18, 2008, 03:04:48 pm »
IMDb:  Reportedly the first film to come out of East Germany to deal openly with gay issues. Philipp, a closeted teacher is dating a female collegue to keep up appearances. One night, by 'accident' he stumbles into a gay bar, meets and promptly falls in love with a young man. Transformed by this love he is no longer afraid to face up to who he is.

Offline Fran

"D" is Duel in the Sun (1946)
« Reply #5184 on: October 18, 2008, 05:22:03 pm »

From IMDb:  When her father is hanged for shooting his wife and her lover, half-breed Pearl Chavez goes to live with distant relatives in Texas. Welcomed by Laura Belle and her elder lawyer son Jesse, she meets with hostility from the ranch-owner himself, wheelchair-bound Senator Jackson McCanles, and with lustful interest from womanising, unruly younger son Lewt. Almost at once, already existing family tensions are exacerbated by her presence and the way she is physically drawn to Lewt.

From www.filmsite.orgA final notorious, and infamous show-down scene at the film's end was the climax of all the confrontations between "bad" Lewt (Gregory Peck) and half-breed Pearl (Jennifer Jones); when Lewt appeared in the rocks at a long distance from her, Pearl took aim and shot her lover to end their passionate love-hate affair, and then crawled forward as she re-cocked her gun, while he shot back and seriously wounded her; as the ex-lovers continued their bloody shoot-out in the hot desert sun, she cried out for him: "Lewt, hold on, Lewt, Hold on. Wait for me, Lewt," and lustfully crawled toward him; they stretched their hands out toward each other, as Pearl requested: "Just hold me. Hold me once more", and Lewt replied: "Little bob-cat" - he died mid-kiss, and she died shortly thereafter in a bloody embrace in his arms in the dust....

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"E" is Elephant Shoes (2005)
« Reply #5185 on: October 19, 2008, 10:36:23 am »

From IMDB: Alexis and Manny are a "12-hour" couple whose turbulent love affair is told over the course of a half-day. Their romance begins with a chance meeting on the street, then is fast-forwarded to Manny's apartment where they spend an unforgettable one-night stand together that feels like a lifetime. They say time stops when you meet the love of your life. Unfortunately, Alexis and Manny have only 11 hours and 54 minutes left to go...

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"F" is A Four Letter Word (2007)
« Reply #5186 on: October 19, 2008, 10:42:16 pm »

IMDb:  When Luke enters the gay bar flanked by his sidekicks, he doesn't know that he is about to meet his match-in hot macho man Stephen.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2008, 12:03:14 pm by Fran »

Offline Fran

"G" is Guess Who's Coming to Dinner (1967)
« Reply #5187 on: October 20, 2008, 12:47:22 pm »

From www.filmsite.comStanley Kramer's and Columbia Pictures' socially conscious message film was the first truly mainstream Hollywood film to portray an interracial couple's romance between Dr. John Prentice (Sidney Poitier in a star-making role) and his fiancee Joey Drayton (Katharine Houghton -- Katharine Hepburn's actual niece); except for one brief revolutionary view of the couple kissing (seen in a cab driver's rearview mirror on their way to the city of San Francisco from the airport), other scenes of their physical intimacy were edited out.

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • There But For Fortune
"H" is Happy Endings (2005)
« Reply #5188 on: October 20, 2008, 06:41:20 pm »

IMDB Plot: Mamie Toll (Lisa Kudrow) is an abortion clinic counselor with a massage therapist lover, Javier (Bobby Cannavale), and a secret: when she was younger, she and her gay stepbrother, Charley Peppitone (Steve Coogan), had a child she gave up for adoption. One day, Nicky Kunitz (Jesse Bradford), a sleazy filmmaker, shows up and plans to blackmail her with information on her child's whereabouts so that he can film the reunion and use it to get into the AFI. Charley now runs his father's restaurant with his lover, Gil (David Sutcliffe), and suspects that their lesbian friends, Pam (Laura Dern) and Diane (Sarah Clarke), lied about using Gil's sperm to create a child so that they wouldn't have to share him with them. Jude (Maggie Gyllenhaal) has been kicked out of her cousin's house and is now living with the latent Otis (Jason Ritter), who lives with his widower father, Frank McKee (Tom Arnold), who has become infatuated with Jude. What Jude didn't count on was actually falling in love with Frank. In the end, will anyone have a happy ending?

=aside=
I couldn't find a kiss, but with all these characters there must have been one remarkable kiss.

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • well, I won't
"I" is In Bruges (2008)
« Reply #5189 on: October 21, 2008, 12:37:05 pm »

Plot:  Holed up in Bruges, Belgium after a difficult job, two hit men begin to differ on their views of life and death as they become used to local customs.