Author Topic: Cellar Scribblings  (Read 8995045 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Cellar Scribblings
« Reply #18030 on: Yesterday at 08:53:21 am »
Yes, I remember that drained feeling. When my mom started to have serious health issues, my father and stepfather were long gone. (She married older men.) But if the two parents are similar in age, it can be quite hard on one when the other one falters. The sight of your mom on oxygen must have surprised and upset him. To compound the problem, sometimes doctors can be very downbeat and paint the most negative picture of the situation. You and your siblings will have to help him navigate through this. Having a strong and capable partner beside him is very important to him, but he did promise to live "in sickness and in health" with her, so he will need to find the courage to go forward. Old age ain't for sissies!!

And you will need to find a way to get through this without being overly stressed. For me, I stopped on the way to seeing her and had a therapeutic bulgogi bowl, working a crossword puzzle, listening to calming music, and puttering in my garden when I got home. I curled up with my cat and read a good book. I feasted my eyes on glorious sunrises and sunsets and drove to the mountains. I don't recommend staycations at this point; you need to do more of a complete reset occasionally. But sometimes a staycation works if you work in special events such as a movie you've always wanted to see, a visit to a museum, or visits with friends.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18031 on: Yesterday at 03:53:23 pm »
Glad your mom is feeling better, Chuck. She always sounds so fun! Hope she's back to 100% and out of the hospital soon.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #18032 on: Yesterday at 05:00:08 pm »
I just got home from the hospital. My brother Chris is there now with dad.

Mom was moved MICU.  She is still on oxygen.  The doctors told us today that she appears to have Lupus, so they started her on steroids to combat this.  Lupus would also be causing the kidney issues.
They also did an ultrasound on her chest, I believe they said they found a pulmonary embolism.

She's resting comfortably.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #18033 on: Yesterday at 05:13:41 pm »
Best wishes for your Mum, Chuck!

I hope she's completely recovered and back home soon!

Don't forget to also take care of yourself in all this  :-*

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #18034 on: Yesterday at 09:55:45 pm »
I just got home from the hospital. My brother Chris is there now with dad.

Mom was moved MICU.  She is still on oxygen.  The doctors told us today that she appears to have Lupus, so they started her on steroids to combat this.  Lupus would also be causing the kidney issues.
They also did an ultrasound on her chest, I believe they said they found a pulmonary embolism.

She's resting comfortably.

I'm, sorry to hear of these developments. Sending best wishes.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.