Author Topic: Mod post 08/13/08: TOTW - Questionnaire Outcome  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Mod post 08/13/08: TOTW - Questionnaire Outcome
« on: August 13, 2008, 02:12:42 pm »
A while ago I ran a questionnaire about the feature of the TOTW (here: Questionnaire). Thank you to everybody who took part :).

I will later reply individually to some specific aspects of your answers on the questionnaire thread. Here's the place for a summary of what I took from your answers.

Numbering system:
One participant said she finds the numbering system confusing.  Duh, I find it most logical, but this may be an European thingie :laugh: (similar to addressing specific times in a year by calendar week).

The TsOTW are consecutively numbered for every year. The digits before the slash are the consecutive number, the digits after the slash indicate the year.  Example: TOTW 17/08 is the seventeenth TOTW in the year 2008.

For now I'll keep the numbering system as it is, since it was only one person who said it to be confusing. But I'm flexible and open to change. If others also find it confusing or dislike it for whatever reason, please give me feedback about it.

About the topics:
From the questionnaire I conclude that most members are open to a wide range of topics, and that variety seems to be a key request.

Till now I've always shied away from highly speculative topics, such as my example about the postcards (in the questionnaire). But since many participants voted in favor for them, I'll include this type of question every now and then.

Everybody seems to be fine with a poll from time to time. So I'll try to include a poll more often , if it fits the topic.

Questions about symbolism (SOTW) got mixed replies. Some members are all for it, while others are not interested.  Therefore I'll continue to have a SOTW every now and then  (I know, it has been only one so far ::)).

I'll try to have story-related topics more often, since some participants wished for it, and all participants are is fine with them in general.

Topic suggestions by members: this was not part of the questionnaire, but I wanted to point out once more that everybody is highly welcome to suggest topics for the TOTW! In fact, it's much easier for me to prepare a TOTW if I get a suggestion from a member ;D. The more, the merrier.
If you are unsure how to phrase something don't be shy and suggest it anyway (via PM to me). I can help you with it.

Frequency of the TOTW:
The majority seems to prefer the weekly schedule, so I'll continue with it in general. In exceptions, I may let a topic run for two weeks if it generates much interest. Additionally, the topics are not closed after the one week. You can continue to discuss them as long as you want, or revive an older one if you like.

Also, I may just skip a week every now and then when I don't find the time for it or I have absolutely no idea for a topic ( you can help with *that*, see above).

Archive:
Rachel (BlissC) had the good idea to collect all TsOTW in one location.

I will create an archive for all TsOTW. The archive will be locked and made sticky on top of the Open Forum. It will contain all topics in chronological order with their respective links. This will make it easy and convenient to find a specific topic or to get an overview of all topics we already had.
Thank you for having this idea, Rachel!

Feedback is always welcome!

Next TOTW will be up next Monday.

Penthesilea
Moderator Open Forum

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Mod post 08/13/08: TOTW - Questionnaire Outcome
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 09:14:42 am »
I also love the archive idea!
 :)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."