Author Topic: Congrats to Jake and Heath for MTV Movie Award wins  (Read 27260 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Congrats to Jake and Heath for MTV Movie Award wins
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 08:39:51 am »
YEEE!  HAAA!     He's spurring his guts out, waving to the girls in the crowd!!     :laugh:

Atta Boy Jake and Heath! :D

Well, they won.  That was the most important part.   Sure would have been nice to see them reinact it.  But we knew that was too much to expect.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2006, 07:58:59 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 08:47:04 am »
I'm just stoked that Jake won for Best Performance - I was afraid Reese Witherspoon would win that one.  And how cool was what he said - basically that the voters honored *themselves* by picking that movie over all the others.  Well done, darlin'.

Now onto more important things:  Who's the chick, and why is she standing so close to mu mahn?   >:(

;)
No more beans!

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2006, 09:48:31 am »

Now onto more important things:  Who's the chick, and why is she standing so close to mu mahn?   >:(

;)

It's Eva Mendes, and look, he gave her a sweet kiss on the cheek!

More pics:

Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2006, 09:54:38 am »
He just makes everyone smile their faces off, doesn't he?  No wonder.

;D

I'd love to know what Adam Sandler said to him to make him laugh like that.
No more beans!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2006, 10:00:12 am »
I don't think that is Heath in the pictures. That looks like Justin Timberlake? Is it anyone??? They said Heath was not at MTV awards.

Well, boy, do I feel like a moron...!!

LOL
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2006, 10:03:56 am »
Tired of the pictures yet?   ;D

Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2006, 10:05:05 am »

That is apparently Eva Mendes. She is and "Actress" by that I mean she has been in what I consider crappy films, although she was in "Trust The Man" with Maggie, so maybe that is where Jake knows her from.

Anyway I am absolutely extactic that Jake won "Best Performance", I mean he deserves it! And Heath and Jake for winning "Best Kiss", although I would have preferred a reinactment. I knew those 20 odd votes would come in handy, I bet everyone in BM voted atleast once so really it was all our doing! ;)

I love pictures of Jake at awards, he is just histerically funny sometime, ala the BAFTAs. I wonder if he pulled another "Shout back" stunt at these awards. I especially like the second from last pisture that Jenny posted cause if you look at it in a certain way it seems as if he is proud of the award but if you look closer it seems to me that he is thinking, "what a piece of junk, Why is this award so ugly?" but it is true, that award is a heap of junk, but I am sure Jake will find a cupboard somewhere to hide it in.

Also if you see below on the first picture I posted Jake was eating Starburst during the ceremony. The packet is only just open, so he is like me and only eats one and give the packet to someone else(us stars can afford that you know :laugh:) or he is saving the rest until later, yeah I think it is the first one too. ;D

I'd love to know what Adam Sandler said to him to make him laugh like that.

I am guessing he said something like, "Ok I'll be Heath and you be you, we can reinact this thing up real nice we don't need that Heath, we have each other!" :laugh:
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2006, 10:16:42 am »
Hmmm I wonder why Heath was not there! 

Congrats Jake and Jake and Heath!  Good work everyone!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2006, 10:22:42 am »
Lets recap...

3 Academy Awards
4 Golden Globes
4 BAFTAs
3 Critics Choice Awards
GLAAD Media Award
2 ISAa
&
2 MTV Movie Awards

If you can name me one other film that has done that then I will.....well I don't know what I will but I promise it will be good!

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 10:29:48 am »
Yay! I had heard he won best kiss but not best performance!! How exciting!  ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73