Author Topic: ~~THE PERFORMANCE THREAD~~ **aside** ((action)) %%thought%%  (Read 1716137 times)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
YOUNG ENNIS:

Hey little boy, what's is like bein' out in public here with Michael Jackson?

BOY SCOUT:

"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline nakymaton

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • aka Mel

BIKER #2 (to BIKER #1):

** Can I spread some o' this pate de foie de canard sur un tranche de baquette pour toi ? **

BIKER #1:

**Mais bien sur. Ah.... j'aime manger sans la poussiere.

Where do you think the most poussiere's at, Las Vegas or California?**
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
BIKER #1:

**Mais bien sur. Ah.... j'aime manger sans la poussiere.

Where do you think the most poussiere's at, Las Vegas or California?**

BIKER #2:

** Ah, certainement Las Vegas, mon ami! **

((Loudly, in the direction of the Del Mars))

**MAIS WYOMING EST SI PLEIN DE POUSSIERE, IL N'EST PAS COMIQUE!! **

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney

YOUNG ENNIS:

%% Why would I be tense?  I hate my life, don't like no women, missin' Jack somethin' fierce, wonderin' if he's thinkin' a me.%%

Sure, everything's just fine.  Aside from Jenny bein' wet on me now.

JENNY:

%% OK, so maybe some things are my fault.  ::)%%

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
MONROE:

((Has entered the fairground with his five younger siblings -  (Helping his dad and young step-mother out, taking the kids off their hands for a bit, don't you know)  - as ready for a good time as you can be with a near-broken heart and a big picnic basket filled with delicious luxury food samples from the store))

This is a nice spot we've found ourselves to watch the fireworks. Now none of you go haring off where I can't se you in the crowd. Mona, Molly, Mabel, Matthew, Mike - you all hear me? Stay right here! You can make a racket all you like and toot your little horns and blow those firecrackers up without running off, is what I'm saying. I'll be ready to serve you my assorted Caspian Caviar samples in a moment.

((Gets distracted by words floating on the smoky breeze:))

**We got duck liver pate, triple cream brie, Kalamata olives, cherry vine tomatoes, a fresh baguette and a coupla bottles of a nice pinot noir!  Hooo-ee! **

Hey! Those are the bikers stopped by the store earlier today. Wow, did those guys know their foie de canard from their motor lube!

((Sighs appreciatively))

Wish I got more customers than that - people to discuss the finer points of my new Brie assortment with.  Those guys are in on all ins and outs of quality food and luxury wines.... I'm utterly impressed. Should I head on over and ask their opinion of these here truffles?

((Stares in the bikers' direction and sees:))

GULP!!!

It's her! It's HER! And that person next to her has to be...... Oh. Oh-oh. Oh. I'm getting to see her hubby at last. Wish he wasn't wearing that hat. Wonder if he's as much of a foie de gras-appreciating person as I am? I hope so, for her sake.

((Looks with interested curiosity in the Del Mar family's direction, heart beating double time. Is too far off to hear what's being said because of the general noise and racket.))

Hmmm....... Now what's happening? The hubby is getting up.......?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:31:17 am by Mikaela »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....

((Meanwhile, TIMMY, having consumed his usual fare of pork rinds and a cold one, baby-sits the Bikers' hogs, oblivious to the fact that all hell is about to break loose, both above and below.))

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
%% Oh right, I am here. Um what am I supposed to be doing. Oh yeah I remember...%%

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

%% Another fine performance I think you will agree. Is it me or does that kid over there who is setting of fireworks look like the milky bar kid? What are those french bikers blabbering on about? Oh looks like daddy learnt french in that year of school he got...they must have said something to upset him. Muhahaha they are about to meet the rath of my daddy. Hey Jenny will you get your wet ass out of my face?! I'm trying to watch my dad beat the cherries out of those guys over there%%
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline DeeDee

BIKER #2:

** Ah, certainement Las Vegas, mon ami! **

((Loudly, in the direction of the Del Mars))

**MAIS WYOMING EST SI PLEIN DE POUSSIERE, IL N'EST PAS COMIQUE!! **

YOUNG ENNIS:

(( Ennis, now standing and over the shock of seeing Michael Jackson 20 years before his time, turns towards the bikers.))

You wanna keep it down, I have 2 little girls here.  Now meebe I don't know what poussiere  means, but I sure don't like tha look on yer face when yer sayin' it. 
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
MONROE:

((Watches transfixed as Alma’s hubby gets up and proceeds to kick biker ass with a vengeance))

%% OH NO! I don’t believe this! THE HORROR! Attacking those poor guys probably just because they were praising my quality selection paté de canard and I would guess my especially-imported escargots as well! %%

((Cold sweats))

%% There's no doubt my poor Bright Angel Alma (BAA) is married to a violent cibophobe! No wonder her face gets that blank, vacant look when I happen to mention flambéing  –  she’s plain terrified! Possibly her hubby’s an oenophobe too! Perhaps some spoiled food childhood experience made him a coprastasophobe! And to cap it off, it’s pretty certain he’s a mageirocophobe! %%

((Moans in near-panic))

%% Clearly he’s an imminent danger to the likes of me……. And I’m sure he’s not the only one around. They’re everywhere! I’ve been way too careless! I’ve got to keep my culinary leanings much more of a secret! Gotta keep the cooking in the closet! %%

((Squirms, worriedly considering the content of the picnic basket))

%% Those violent cibophobes ever get ahold of me, I’ll be kicked around, beaten, drug around by my tongue till it pulls off!! A guy publicly preoccupied with luxury food? No way. Now I can talk gorgonzola and prepare glace de viande on those rare occasions when everyone else is off to that new Burger King just opened way out there in the middle of nowhere, - those times when noone but BAA is around, but…….. %%  

((Squares shoulders and prepares to stand it for as long as it takes.))

%% It’s just as my old grandma used to say about the ingredients when she was making her famous pancakes: “If you can’t mix it in, Monroe,” she used ta say, “you gotta can it.” %%

((Nods pensively))

%% Grandma sure was a wise woman. %%

~~~~~~

Phobia definitions:
Cibophobia –fear of food
Oenophobia – fear of wine
Coprastasophobia – fear of constipation
Mageirocophobia – fear of cooking
« Last Edit: August 27, 2006, 05:48:17 pm by Mikaela »

Offline DeeDee

SHORT INTERRUPTION IN THE FLOW OF THE PT:

%% It’s just as my old grandma used to say about the ingredients when she was making her famous pancakes: “If you can’t mix it in, Monroe,” she used ta say, “you gotta can it.” %%

:laugh:   LMAO
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich