Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3111952 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #1160 on: July 12, 2006, 02:09:45 pm »
I thought you were not allowed to swear on this forum??

You can set it in your profile. You can't swear in the old chat, not sure if this is something you can change in the new version.
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Bigheart

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1161 on: July 12, 2006, 02:13:24 pm »
You can, you just have to go into your profile and check the box which allows you to see sweary words :)
???
I just went into my profile but didnt know where to go??  ::)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1162 on: July 12, 2006, 02:14:15 pm »
My 3 cents on MovingOn!Ennis discussion:

I was really surprised to hear that people were 'attacking' Louise for writing a fanfic about Ennis moving on and getting a lover and falling in love again.  Why is that such a terrible thing?  Why is that so offensive to some people?  I don't understand all the drama and anger over Ennis carrying on and trying to get a life after Jack  ???.  Would we rather see Ennis die slowly in that shitty lil trailer, smoking and drinking himself to death?  I mean seriously ...

Louise is doing an excellent job as a writer and a storyteller, and that has to count for something.  She has shown no disrespect to the memory of Jack or their love.  There is no reason for any sort of hostility towards her story.  Of course, not everybody is interested in fanfics or can relate to every story/fic out there, granted!  But I have issues with the idea that Ennis moving on is some kind of sacrilege.  ???

Bottom line is:  Louise, you can't please everyone.  You are doing a damn fine job!  And there are people out there (as you can see from the comments on here) who know that loving the Laramie Saga does not nullify the love for Brokeback Mountain or Jack&Ennis, nor does it minimise what they had for 20 years.

All in all ... More grease to your elbows hun and KEEP UP THE BRILLIANT WORK!   :-*

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1163 on: July 12, 2006, 02:16:45 pm »
Of course not, June, I know that.

For those who figured out all of the hoops you need to go through to get into Chat, nB and I are chatting in the NEW chat forum!
And I don't know how to do this either!!!!!!!!! I thought you just had to click on the lip thingy!  ::) *sigh* I can't get it to work and I'm just not good with comps at all.

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1164 on: July 12, 2006, 02:20:33 pm »
My 3 cents on MovingOn!Ennis discussion:

I was really surprised to hear that people were 'attacking' Louise for writing a fanfic about Ennis moving on and getting a lover and falling in love again.  Why is that such a terrible thing?  Why is that so offensive to some people?  I don't understand all the drama and anger over Ennis carrying on and trying to get a life after Jack  ???.  Would we rather see Ennis die slowly in that shitty lil trailer, smoking and drinking himself to death?  I mean seriously ...
Lucise, you wouldn't believe the things some of us have been through reagarding MO!Ennis  :( :( :(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #1165 on: July 12, 2006, 02:26:04 pm »
And I don't know how to do this either!!!!!!!!! I thought you just had to click on the lip thingy!  ::) *sigh* I can't get it to work and I'm just not good with comps at all.
June, it used to be click on the lips.  Now you go to the main menu again and there is a huge banner that says CLICK HERE TO GO TO BETTERMOST CHAT AUDITION
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1166 on: July 12, 2006, 02:26:39 pm »
Lucise, you wouldn't believe the things some of us have been through reagarding MO!Ennis  :( :( :(

It is baffling, but we gotta move on from all the negative energy... :)
The Laramie Saga aint going no where! 
As long as Louise is willing to keep writing, I am willing to keep reading!  :)
Period!

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1167 on: July 12, 2006, 02:32:47 pm »
Period!
Oh me too!!!  :)
What will I do when I'm gone for 3 weeks.... :'( :'( :'(

Offline Bigheart

« Reply #1168 on: July 12, 2006, 02:33:47 pm »
June, it used to be click on the lips.  Now you go to the main menu again and there is a huge banner that says CLICK HERE TO GO TO BETTERMOST CHAT AUDITION

Thanks Louise  :-*

Offline pastorfred

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • retired, free-lance, non-denominational pastor
    • spirituality handbook
« Reply #1169 on: July 12, 2006, 02:34:26 pm »
Period!

Amen to that!

And the end of chapter 81 had me crying softly - in a good way - for both our boys. Oh, this was a really beautiful love scene. *sigh*
Peace be with y'all,
Fred