Author Topic: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll  (Read 3145271 times)

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Taking Chances, by E. L. Van Hine and L.H. Nicoll
« Reply #6380 on: November 06, 2006, 05:57:09 pm »

I already did.

Oh and I forgot to add...

muah hahahahahahaha.

Evil laughter indeed!  ;D

OK - I did have a feeling that ADA Samuelson might be gay... but now I'm wondering if she might not be the women for Dupree. She's tough, independant, physically imposing, but open minded and probably wouldn't feel threatened by Dupree's part time job at the bar, or all the gay friends he has.

Or, I could just be off on one of my wilds flights again...  ;D

Karen

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6381 on: November 06, 2006, 06:28:52 pm »
muah hahahahahaha!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6382 on: November 06, 2006, 07:00:12 pm »
muah hahahahahaha!

Tease!  ;D

Well I'll just have to continue to amuse myself with more and more outlandish theories.  :)

Karen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6383 on: November 06, 2006, 07:07:28 pm »
Evil laughter indeed!  ;D

OK - I did have a feeling that ADA Samuelson might be gay...

Karen

Hey!  I had that feeling too!  Looks like you are not alone in the 'outlandish theories' department ..  ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #6384 on: November 06, 2006, 07:23:32 pm »
you are just going to have to let the plot run, folks.  You have good reasons to read on then! ha haha hahahahah. muah.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kazza

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6385 on: November 06, 2006, 07:38:03 pm »
you are just going to have to let the plot run, folks.  You have good reasons to read on then! ha haha hahahahah. muah.

Oh we know Louise. We don't need encouragement to keep reading.

But speculation can be fun. La la la la laaaaa.... what can I dream up next?  :)

Karen

Offline richardg49

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • 'Keep on trucking'
« Reply #6386 on: November 06, 2006, 07:56:42 pm »
Hi all - I decided that I've been lurking here long enough and it was time to join in the fun, especially all the discussion about who Dupree should get together with.

Here's my suggestion, which you can throw around as much as you like - Louise, have you considered the story-line possibility that Dupree's car gets engine problems, and Ennis advises Dupree to takes it to his trusty radiator repairman, Nate?  Dupree and Nate together could almost be a mirroring of Ellery and Ennis, perhaps?

Comments, anyone?
I gave him what I hoped was that hopeful innocent puppy look that said “don’t you just want ta rub my tummy” rather than that hungry, ravenous wolf look that said “why don’t you just come out a that brick house so I can eat you up little pig?” LVH: 'What I did on my Day Off'

Offline synne

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6387 on: November 06, 2006, 08:50:03 pm »

... I just sent off another 4,600 word installment to my Beta-reader only a week after my last part was posted.  For me that's a lot!  I'm not nearly as quick or prolific as some writers I know. 
 :)   I guess I'm in semi-lurker mode.   :laugh:  But really enjoying the Dupree discussions, etc.

I'm also preparing to be out of town for a whole week, starting Saturday.  Going to Disney World.  The really cool thing is I found out my Beta lives near Orlando and I'm gonna meet her in person!  How cool is that? 
Anyway, I just can't get enough LS.
Hugs to all.   :-*

How do you people get your betas?
any advices please

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6388 on: November 06, 2006, 09:15:54 pm »
Hi all - I decided that I've been lurking here long enough and it was time to join in the fun, especially all the discussion about who Dupree should get together with.

Here's my suggestion, which you can throw around as much as you like - Louise, have you considered the story-line possibility that Dupree's car gets engine problems, and Ennis advises Dupree to takes it to his trusty radiator repairman, Nate?  Dupree and Nate together could almost be a mirroring of Ellery and Ennis, perhaps?

Comments, anyone?

Richard,

Welcome and glad to have you de-lurk with us!

Nate is an intriguing idea and Dupree may be the reason he goes into the Red Stallion...since he has been reluctant to do so.

The other person who crossed my mind was Noel Creston. Dupree saved his life and Noel has seemed to extraordinarily grateful (as anyone would be).

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6389 on: November 06, 2006, 10:08:12 pm »

Another de-lurker .. Welcome Richard!  ;D

I am not sure who I think Dupree should 'experiment' with ..  I would've said Jeeves, if he was not harboring a crush the size of Texas on Dupree, that is ..  :)  I'm still working on that one ..