Author Topic: Robert Altman wants to work with Jake Gyllenhaal  (Read 3465 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Robert Altman wants to work with Jake Gyllenhaal
« on: June 22, 2006, 01:26:48 pm »
From:The New York Daily News  http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/428784p-361580c.html
Alt-ered states

His heart transplant didn't make "A Prairie Home Companion" director Robert Altman cut back on his marijuana intake - if anything, he's enjoying the ganja even more now.

"I've increased it because of my heart condition. I even have a prescription for marijuana pills," he told us when we asked him about his fondness for the illicit drug.

Thankfully, that new heart Altman got about 10 years ago came from a woman much younger than his 81 years.

Altman loved working with young Lindsay Lohan on his new flick, but he didn't mention whether he and the wild young lass partook of any illegal substances on the movie set.

Although the "M*A*S*H" director said he wants to work with La Lohan again, the young Hollywood star he most wants to rope into his new feature, "Hands on a Hard Body," filming in September, is Jake Gyllenhaal.

The name of the movie may sound tantalizing, but cool your jets, "Brokeback" fans. The flick is about folks keeping their hands on a car to try to win it in a shopping mall contest.

Altman told us he has been in talks with Jake but hasn't gotten a final answer from him yet.
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Robert Altman wants to work with Jake Gyllenhaal
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 01:58:31 pm »

His heart transplant didn't make "A Prairie Home Companion" director Robert Altman cut back on his marijuana intake - if anything, he's enjoying the ganja even more now.

"I've increased it because of my heart condition. I even have a prescription for marijuana pills," he told us when we asked him about his fondness for the illicit drug.

Is that why his movies are slow and boring?   :laugh:

moremojo

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 02:04:12 pm »
Is that why his movies are slow and boring?   :laugh:
Eric, have you seen his 1970 opus Brewster McCloud, starring Bud Cort and Sally Kellerman? This quirky little feature, shot on location in Houston, Texas, may be boring to some (but not to me, and this is incidentally the director's personal favorite of his works), but slow it ain't! Mr. Altman might have been partaking of the ganja quite generously when he came up with the idea for this one!

:)
Cheers,
Scott

Offline SFEnnisSF

• BBM Radio Program Director
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 11:55:52 am »
Ok, I saw Prarie Home Companion this weekend and I LOVED IT.   :D

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2006, 08:03:12 pm »
I, too, would like to work with Jake Gyllenhaal. Flipping burgers, washing cars, whatever.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 08:23:48 pm »
Didn't Altman do 'Gosford Park'?

Loved that movie.

moremojo

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 05:04:02 pm »
Didn't Altman do 'Gosford Park'?

Loved that movie.
Yeah, that was him, all right. I liked the movie a lot myself (have always tended to be partial to Altman), but disagreed with some of the critics who were comparing it in stature and effect to Jean Renoir's The Rules of the Game. Despite a similarity in setting and even theme, Altman's film, for all its pleasures, cannot compare in resonance with the French masterwork.

Scott