Author Topic: Stories, articles/post Brokeback  (Read 8222 times)

horo04

Stories, articles/post Brokeback
« on: April 01, 2006, 08:39:21 pm »
Thought I would post local articles about the Brockback movie.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 08:56:35 pm by horo04 »

horo04

Re: Stories, articles/post Brokeback
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 08:50:23 pm »

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 09:32:04 pm »
Terrific idea - thanks!  There's a whole lot of info out there to sort through, so all help is welcome and encouraged!
-Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Ain't no reins on this one . . .
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 03:44:13 pm »
From The Guardian, April 1, a nice update/interview with Heath.

http://observer.guardian.uk/magazine/story/0,,1742858,
A star is torn . . .

As the beating heart of Brokeback Mountain, Heath Ledger, still only 26, has blasted himself high into the A-list's stratosphere. And how does he respond to the media frenzy? By taking a year off ... Here, the brooding Australian actor talks to David Lipsky about fighting fame, becoming a father and finding love on set . . . (more)
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

horo04

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 09:47:06 pm »
Iris is that link right?...I can't bring it up ???

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 10:21:30 pm »
This link is working for me bring up the article, though it loads a little slowly:

http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1742858,00.html

"As the beating heart of Brokeback Mountain, Heath Ledger, still only 26, has blasted himself high into the A-list's stratosphere. And how does he respond to the media frenzy? By taking a year off ... Here, the brooding Australian actor talks to David Lipsky about fighting fame, becoming a father and finding love on set ..."

Thanks for finding this!

-Lynne

« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 10:23:59 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 10:31:35 pm »
Lynne, glad to hear the link is working.  I never know if I'm doing these cut-and-paste jobs properly.  Should I be checking with you to see if I'm duplicating stuff?  Iris
Ennis and Jack, the dogs, horses and mules, a thousand ewes and their lambs flowed up the trail like dirty water through the timber and out above the tree line into the great flowering meadows and the endless coursing wind.

horo04

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 10:51:07 pm »
Strange..I can get Lynnes' link but not Iris' ??? Well never the less I can read it! ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 11:10:30 pm »
Lynne, glad to hear the link is working.  I never know if I'm doing these cut-and-paste jobs properly.  Should I be checking with you to see if I'm duplicating stuff?  Iris

Absolutely not..go wild...if I haven't posted it, I've overlooked it or am running behind (a typical scenario).  The trouble with your link was that it seemed to get cut off

my link:    http://observer.guardian.co.uk/magazine/story/0,,1742858,00.html
your link:  http//observer.guardian.uk/magazine/story/0,,1742858,

So it seems as if the very last part of your link was truncated.  A good practice is when you preview the post, click on any links to make sure they work, then post.  Note that yours is not underlined, meaning the messageboard software did not recognize it as a valid URL link.  You can always do this after the fact too..click on post, modify post, and save if you have problems.

Thanks for keeping alert for these kinds of stories.

Love,
Lynne
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 01:38:11 am »
Thanks for the link info -- I can see where I cut it off when I cut and pasted it. I thought I had tested it, but I guess not. But how did you get it corrected?  Iris

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2006, 02:05:55 am »
I had a link to the post in my mailbox where I've set up some basic email notifications for 'brokeback mountain' and some of the relevant contributors...I actually saw the story yesterday, but I hadn't got around to posting it yet, so I knew where to look.

I've been preoccupied with getting Suzanne Brockmann's dedication to Hot Target posted...it's on 'Now What' and in 'Safe Haven' (Thanks to Impish).  Have you read it?  When you do, please tell me what you think.  I'm very excited about getting to meet her this summer in Atlanta.

Thanks!
Lynne
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:25:12 am by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline iristarr

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2006, 03:17:31 am »
That Contra Costa Times piece on grief was totally right on. Thankx for posting. 

I just watched Ang Lee's "Eat,Drink,Man,Woman" this evening, following his two earlier films, "Pushing Hands" and "The Wedding Banquet." One can certainly see demonstrated his profound interest in showing how we hide truths from each other, and from ourselves, and how our secrets work to injure and in some cases destroy our connections with, quite often, those persons closest to us, those whom we most love. I come to more and more appreciate this man's talents and skills and his approach to his art; his is a great gift to the world.   

horo04

« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2006, 07:25:57 am »

I just watched Ang Lee's "Eat,Drink,Man,Woman" this evening, following his two earlier films, "Pushing Hands" and "The Wedding Banquet."  I come to more and more appreciate this man's talents and skills and his approach to his art; his is a great gift to the world.   

Then he makes The Hulk..go figure!?  ;D

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2006, 06:52:35 pm »
Iris - You're very welcome.  I liked that piece on grief very much too.

Everyone is way ahead of me....i saw Sense and Sensibility and The Wedding Banquet this weekend.  AND now i have to add The Hulk to my queue - I refuse to believe it doesn't have a profound message hidden somewhere  ;)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
A new project from Heath Ledger
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2006, 09:24:35 pm »
Heath costars with Geoffrey Rush in Candy.  As I understand it, the movie opens in Australia soon and will be in the U.S. sometime this fall.

-Lynne

http://www.newsone.ca/hinesbergjournal/stories/index.php?action=fullnews&id=168545
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

horo04

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2006, 10:36:10 pm »
  AND now i have to add The Hulk to my queue - I refuse to believe it doesn't have a profound message hidden somewhere  ;)

Yes...the profound message is don't get angry and throw a big fit..it will get ya no wheres!! :)

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 10:57:32 pm »
 ;D
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2006, 11:23:17 pm »
Everyone is way ahead of me....i saw Sense and Sensibility and The Wedding Banquet this weekend.  AND now i have to add The Hulk to my queue - I refuse to believe it doesn't have a profound message hidden somewhere  ;)

Really and truly Lynne, forget about the hulk.  Even before I watched it I thought it was a bad idea to make hulk a fully CGI character.  After all, as a kid I loved the 70's TV series with Bill Bixby and Lou Ferrigno and I didn't understand how they thought CGI would work at all let alone be a good idea.  But even though I made sure I went in with lowered expectations, I still managed to come out feeling disappointed.
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

horo04

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2006, 11:20:04 pm »
Finally the dvd release.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2006, 01:11:08 am by horo04 »

horo04

« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:42 pm »
This is too funny was ROTFLMAO!  ;D
http://www.starz.com/features/brokebackmountain/

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2006, 12:22:46 am »
This is too funny was ROTFLMAO!  ;D
http://www.starz.com/features/brokebackmountain/

Yes, Phillip posted this a couple of weeks ago, can't remember where, you must've missed it.  We're getting pretty busy these days - there's a lot of diverse posting goin' on...  Gotta love that... ;)
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

horo04

« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2006, 11:23:59 pm »
Ahh..it was already posted!  Obuviously missed it...very funny though!